2007 budget, 150 k from even. 2009 1.5 trillion, what happened liberals?

The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog
The above graph does include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is of course included in the numbers above.
You posted this GOP scripted lie with the same link to the same dishonest Heritage Foundation chart on another thread, and I nailed you on the lie then.

So what does a "good" CON$ervative do, simply go to a different thread and post the exact same lie all over again. This is why CON$ are not the stupid liars they pretend to be, they are PREMEDITATED liars!!!

As I pointed out to you in the other thread, not only does that dishonest chart, except for Bush's 2009 budget, not include the war spending, it also does not include the AMT adjustment, medicare reimbursements, and disaster relief spending.

^Do you think it was a political error for Obama to change the accounting to actually put those things on the balance sheet? I can see why it is good policy for America. Hard to have an effective discussion of finances if half the things you're spending money on are swept under the carpet. But do you think it was a good political move?

TO START WITH WHERE DID THE 800 BILLION DOLLAR STIMULUS AND THE 350 BILLION DOLLAR TARP THAT OBAMA GOT IN 09 GO?
THATS 1.35 TRILLION DOLLARS IN A DEFICIT YEAR OF 1.5, 2009
First of all, 800 billion plus 350 billion is 1.15 trillion, not 1.35 trillion. But no one expects CON$ to be able to do simple arithmetic. And Bush signed the TARP bill so he owns that 350 billion.

But more importantly, I have pointed out that CON$ are always on both sides of any issue depending on what is convenient at the moment!!!

Back in 2009 the CON$ were bitching about how less than 10% of the stimulus was being spent in 2009. How many times did we here the CON$ say that the UNSPENT stimulus money should be used for something other than the stimulus. And now, to blame the Bush 2009 deficit spending on Obama, suddenly the entire stimulus was completely spent in 2009.

Actually, according to CBO only 29 billion was scheduled to be spent in 2009.

Greg Mankiw's Blog: CBO on Fiscal Policy Lags

From CBO, here is the time path of estimated outlays on government purchases under the proposed stimulus bill:

2009: 29.0
2010: 115.8
2011: 105.5
2012: 53.6
2013: 26.5
2014: 13.0
2015: 6.9
2016: 3.0
2017: 1.6
2018: 0.9
2019:0.4

Total: $356.0 billion

So only 8 percent of this spending occurs in budget year 2009, and only 41 percent occurs in first two years. Note that spending on transfer payments and tax relief occurs much faster than this: click through to the above link for details.

TO START WITH WHERE DID THE 800 BILLION DOLLAR STIMULUS AND THE 350 BILLION DOLLAR TARP THAT OBAMA GOT IN 09 GO?
First of all, 800 billion plus 350 billion is 1.15 trillion, not 1.35 trillion. But no one expects CON$ to be able to do simple arithmetic. And Bush signed the TARP bill so he owns that 350 billion.

But more importantly, I have pointed out that CON$ are always on both sides of any issue depending on what is convenient at the moment!!!

Back in 2009 the CON$ were bitching about how less than 10% of the stimulus was being spent in 2009. How many times did we here the CON$ say that the UNSPENT stimulus money should be used for something other than the stimulus. And now, to blame the Bush 2009 deficit spending on Obama, suddenly the entire stimulus was completely spent in 2009.

From CBO, here is the time path of estimated outlays on government purchases under the proposed stimulus bill:

So only 8 percent of this spending occurs in budget year 2009, and only 41 percent occurs in first two years. Note that spending on transfer payments and tax relief occurs much faster than this: click through to the above link for details.

yeah kinda like the pill bill did not kick in for a year or two.
And cost virtually 1 trillion so far.

That TARP and the stimulus added 1.35T to the deficit in 2009.

Where do you think the CBO got their figures from? Hint: not a projection.

I did not say they did

ORLY?

you! said:

So when you claim that TARP and the Stimulus accounted for 1.35 of the 1.5T 2009 deficit, you're not claiming that TARP and the stimulus accounted for 1.35 of the 1.5T 2009 deficit?

You know your all about arguing and none about expressing your beliefs
why is that?

Because I let reality get in the way of my beliefs. You clearly do not.

No what you do is ignore the reality
Its that simple
you support an agenda your are ashamed to admit
an agenda that revolves around taking money from the working people of this country and giving it to those who do not
In general
Its never about doing the right thing
GWB had 3 stimuluses
Obama has had one
GWB allowed the very people who pay those taxes to get some back
Obama choose the ones he wanted to get some back
You compare numbers like it matters what year the failed stimulus goes against our debt, its your holy grail to call me a liar
Can you tell me what year it goes against the debt/
why does it matter if its 2009, or 2010?
2011?
I speak about issues
you speak about nothing you support
you support nothing you speak about

What happened? The recession, of course.

Why was no one asking where the surplus went during Bush's presidency? Because in 2002, deficits did not matter.

digger a deficit of 200 billion vs a deficit of 1.5 trillion is not the same
a deficit of 2 trillion in 7 years vs 2 trillion in 18 months is not the same

So I ask what the f--- did he do with the other 1 trillion he borrowed in 2009 then?
you liberals do not get it
and as far as the 350 billion in tarp
TARP Vote: Obama Wins, Senate Effectively Approves $350 Billion

You just do not get it
it a simple debate about policy
was I wrong
no
the failed stimulus cost us 800 billion
1/2 of tarp cost us 350 billion

does it matter what year?
My threads are an attempt to get the liberal min to think
you try and compare a man who had 2 wars
9-11
6 hurricanes
2 recessions
2 major stock market crashes

with Obamas massive job loss
thats it

And what did Obama do for this massive job loss?
I do not know, but he run up our debt, he took advantage of it
and yet you liberals act as though this is Bushes fault

The pernicious effect of nearly 50 years of unwise tax, trade, finacial mis managment and regulation powers, and foolish foreign affairs are finally catching up with us.

That's what happened.

If you're blinded by partianship, you'll seek to put the blame on the other team, I understand that.

But regardless of what team you supported (as I once did, too, so I am not absolving myself of my share of the guilt, either) what happened at the end of the Bush II admin was inevitable given the assinine governments we've had my entire adult lifetime.

The pernicious effect of nearly 50 years of unwise tax, trade, finacial mis managment and regulation powers, and foolish foreign affairs are finally catching up with us.

That's what happened.

If you're blinded by partianship, you'll seek to put the blame on the other team, I understand that.

But regardless of what team you supported (as I once did, too, so I am not absolving myself of my share of the guilt, either) what happened at the end of the Bush II admin was inevitable given the assinine governments we've had my entire adult lifetime.

At what point in all of this does any of us say its not about whose right and whose wrong?
my thread is about doing the right thing
After all of the items that added to the deficit from 9-11 to Katrina to 2 wars to 1 recession, my point is we where within 168 billion of breaking even in 07
in 08 much of that debt was in the form of a tax rebate
how tarp showed up in there I do not know

Its gone now
The difference with me and many is I have paid Clinton's tax rate
I know what it did to my bottom line
Why?
no-one can tell me why.
We went from that to this in 24 months
Jobs?
we are net 6 million less than we where in the end of 2008

I did not say they did

ORLY?

So when you claim that TARP and the Stimulus accounted for 1.35 of the 1.5T 2009 deficit, you're not claiming that TARP and the stimulus accounted for 1.35 of the 1.5T 2009 deficit?

You know your all about arguing and none about expressing your beliefs
why is that?

Its that simple
an agenda that revolves around taking money from the working people of this country and giving it to those who do not
In general
GWB had 3 stimuluses
Obama has had one
You compare numbers like it matters what year the failed stimulus goes against our debt, its your holy grail to call me a liar
2011?
I speak about issues
BULLSHIT!

Bush REDISTRIBUTED the Social Security surplus, collected from wage earners making under $100,000, to incomes over $100,000 and Capital Gains Tycoons who don't pay SS taxes!!!

So I ask what the f--- did he do with the other 1 trillion he borrowed in 2009 then?

You just do not get it
was I wrong
no

9-11
6 hurricanes
2 recessions

thats it

You try and compare Bush who caused
2 wars
2 recessions
and allowed 9-11 to happen
to Obama who is cleaning up the CON$ervative mess.

ORLY?

Its that simple
In general
GWB had 3 stimuluses
Obama has had one
2011?
I speak about issues
BULLSHIT!

Bush REDISTRIBUTED the Social Security surplus, collected from wage earners making under $100,000, to incomes over $100,000 and Capital Gains Tycoons who don't pay SS taxes!!!

And your point? (if that was true)
Its our damn money
Whats the difference in a SS tax and an Income tax?
this is where you as a liberal expose yourself every time
And when it came to the stimulus that GWB had 3 that went directly to jis debt and directly to some of the people who will pay that debt off (the tax payer), where did Obama get his cash from?
and why is it that you get angry about GWB re paying the very people who paid the tax in to start with and when Obama rewards the UAW instead of the tax payer(s), you say nothing?

That's what happened.

At what point in all of this does any of us say its not about whose right and whose wrong?
my thread is about doing the right thing
After all of the items that added to the deficit from 9-11 to Katrina to 2 wars to 1 recession, my point is we where within 168 billion of breaking even in 07
There you go again, parroting that proven lie from earlier in this very thread again. As I showed, 2007 was $501,000,000,000+ in the red!!!

You just do not get it
was I wrong
no

9-11
6 hurricanes
2 recessions

thats it

2 wars
2 recessions

he inherited the recession of 2001
as far as 9-11 and the rest of that garbage
tell me the why
Glass Segall?
that was 99 or 98
9-11?
See as a liberal its never about the resolve
resolve brings exposure every time

Its that simple
In general
GWB had 3 stimuluses
Obama has had one
2011?
I speak about issues
BULLSHIT!

Its our damn money
And when it came to the stimulus that GWB had 3 that went directly to jis debt and directly to some of the people who will pay that debt off (the tax payer), where did Obama get his cash from?
and why is it that you get angry about GWB re paying the very people who paid the tax in to start with and when Obama rewards the UAW instead of the tax payer(s), you say nothing?
The difference between the regressive SS tax and the progressive income tax is there is a cap on the SS taxable income above which no tax is paid and capital gains are exempt.

The only surplus tax collected was the SS tax, so using the income tax rates to refund the tax surplus collected at SS tax rates is REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH from wage earners under $ 100,000 to incomes over $100,000 and tycoons who pay no SS tax.

And the UAW pay taxes, as if you didn't know!!!!

You just do not get it
was I wrong
no

9-11
6 hurricanes
2 recessions

thats it

2 wars
2 recessions

he inherited the recession of 2001
as far as 9-11 and the rest of that garbage
tell me the why
Glass Segall?
that was 99 or 98
9-11?
See as a liberal its never about the resolve
resolve brings exposure every time
Bush "inherited" a recession that began AFTER he took office and is therefore blameless, but Obama "inherited" a depression that began BEFORE he took office and again Bush is blameless. :cuckoo:

And 9/11 happens on Bush's watch, but again Bush is blameless. :cuckoo:
Everything Bush screwed up was the fault of those before and after him, he has no responsibility at all. :cuckoo:

BULLSHIT!

Its our damn money
The difference between the regressive SS tax and the progressive income tax is there is a cap on the SS taxable income above which no tax is paid and capital gains are exempt.

The only surplus tax collected was the SS tax, so using the income tax rates to refund the tax surplus collected at SS tax rates is REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH from wage earners under $ 100,000 to incomes over $100,000 and tycoons who pay no SS tax.

The difference between wealth taken from the tax payer for regressive, progressive as well as capital gains means what?, or should I say has one thing in common?

Its all wealth taken from one person with the intent to give it to another person
Your UAW comment is very lame, it really is

Look paying income tax is one thing
taking care of one who cannot take care of them selves is another
there is allot of good that comes from that wealth that the american citizen has taken away from him or her

When is enough a enough?
When is it you liberals will stop supporting a person that is out of control as much as Obama is?

There is no rational excuse for taking wealth from a healthy person and giving that wealth to another healthy person
none

No 9-11 and the policies GWB put forth has this country in better shape than he had it in the 8 years he was president
5% UE thru all of that insanity and deficit spending that was 10-25% of what it is today to fund the things 9-11 brought to a head along with making sure the tax payer was allowed the chance to keep more of his or her wealth worked
Those policies had little to do with the housing bubble busting

Its our damn money

The difference between wealth taken from the tax payer for regressive, progressive as well as capital gains means what?, or should I say has one thing in common?

Its all wealth taken from one person with the intent to give it to another person

there is allot of good that comes from that wealth that the american citizen has taken away from him or her

When is enough a enough?
When is it you liberals will stop supporting a person that is out of control as much as Obama is?

There is no rational excuse for taking wealth from a healthy person and giving that wealth to another healthy person
none

No 9-11 and the policies GWB put forth has this country in better shape than he had it in the 8 years he was president
5% UE thru all of that insanity and deficit spending that was 10-25% of what it is today to fund the things 9-11 brought to a head along with making sure the tax payer was allowed the chance to keep more of his or her wealth worked
But that is exactly what Bush did!!! He took wealth from healthy wage earners making under $100,000 and gave it to healthy tycoons making over $100,000, and you excuse it and rationalize it.

And no matter how many times you repeat your proven lie, the fact remains Bush's last budget was over $100 billion MORE than Obama's first budget.

Fiscal 2010 deficit thins to $1.29 trillion | Reuters

(Reuters) - The budget deficit for fiscal 2010 narrowed to $1.294 trillion from last year's record $1.416 trillion as tax collections started to recover and bailout spending fell sharply.

When is enough a enough?

none

But that is exactly what Bush did!!! He took wealth from healthy wage earners making under $100,000 and gave it to healthy tycoons making over $100,000, and you excuse it and rationalize it.

And no matter how many times you repeat your proven lie, the fact remains Bush's last budget was over $100 billion MORE than Obama's first budget.

Fiscal 2010 deficit thins to $1.29 trillion | Reuters

(Reuters) - The budget deficit for fiscal 2010 narrowed to $1.294 trillion from last year's record $1.416 trillion as tax collections started to recover and bailout spending fell sharply.
good
we only have 1.1 trillion left to get to 2007 levels
and if you take away the rebate the tax payer gets in 2008, we are only 1 trillion dollars away
Oh yea
we finished fighting that one war didn't we

Son, and I know your just a kid and you listen to whom ever on the left that comes up with this stuff
People pay taxes
call what you will. they pay taxes
on a gross week of 2000
I pay 71 in FICA
300 in income
25 in Medicare
now explain to me a person who gets taxed like that makes money on this deal?
or for that matter makes 300,000 a year and pays 35% in income tax and 0 in Social Security

You libs think there is a money tree that Bush and Obama pulls from to re distribute this wealth

If the income tax on a person is 35%

Forum List

Back