$20 Fine for public Profanity

But fines? :confused:

Well, apparently they felt strongly about it (those who voted in favor). I figure it's a form of "put your money where your mouth is." Unless one has Tourette's, there is really no reason they can't maintain a civil tongue in their head.

So now we have to pay for the "right" to speak freely?

What the hell is wrong with you.

Yeah the whole money is speech argument I cant agree with BD. It's bullshit! *buzzer*

My sister used to swear loudly in regular conversation at places like Chili's and Applebees. Not horribly loud - loud enough to be heard by surrounding tables though. Sometimes I'd say hey, there are kids at the next table over.

I don't believe profanity is meant to be part of the polite dinner experience.

Profanity used in public is a sure sign of intellectual immaturity.

My sister used to swear loudly in regular conversation at places like Chili's and Applebees. Not horribly loud - loud enough to be heard by surrounding tables though. Sometimes I'd say hey, there are kids at the next table over.

Liberals disapprove of free speech. Get with your pogrom.

So, since a family member of BD's used to swear in public, it's perfectly acceptable to 'outlaw' swearing in public. What a very strange country we have become.

Well, apparently they felt strongly about it (those who voted in favor). I figure it's a form of "put your money where your mouth is." Unless one has Tourette's, there is really no reason they can't maintain a civil tongue in their head.

So now we have to pay for the "right" to speak freely?

What the hell is wrong with you.

Yeah the whole money is speech argument I cant agree with BD. It's bullshit! *buzzer*

How do you define "Disturbing the Peace?"

cops arealways telling people that they can go to jail or be cited for foul language usage in public. This is nothing new.

Profanity used in public is a sure sign of intellectual immaturity.
Perhaps, but it still needs to be protected.

I'm by no stretch of the imagination a prude, but I'm always amazed at the ease by which the word "fuck" rolls off the tongues of the younger generations in public settings.

Use it too much and it loses all it's punch.

Let me give you an example Boop.

A week or so ago I was at the gas station and a young man saw my nobama sticker on my bumper. He loudly asked " so you fucking hate poor people huh?"

I replied "no, just stupid ones"

Was he disturbing the peace? No

Being presumptuous and stupid? Yes, but that was his right.

the devil, as always, is in the details
The ordinance would decriminalize public profanity, allowing police to write tickets as they would for a traffic violation. It would also decriminalize certain types of disorderly conduct, public drinking and marijuana use, and dumping snow on a roadway

Gramps, if you can't manage the 'civil' bit, you may need an intervention.

And you may need a brain scan if you can't see that this is a lame attempt to control the people by infringing upon their rights.

the people voted for it in town meeting.

you know, democracy in action

:eusa_whistle:

I think they should vote in Cleveland on whether to lynch lebron in the public square next time the heat come to town.

I love watching democracy in action.

And you may need a brain scan if you can't see that this is a lame attempt to control the people by infringing upon their rights.

the people voted for it in town meeting.

you know, democracy in action

:eusa_whistle:

I think they should vote in Cleveland on whether to lynch lebron in the public square next time the heat come to town.

I love watching democracy in action.

i'd almost move to cleveland for that :lol:

The ordinance would decriminalize public profanity, allowing police to write tickets as they would for a traffic violation. It would also decriminalize certain types of disorderly conduct, public drinking and marijuana use, and dumping snow on a roadway

Decriminalize pot and make profanity illegal?

Fucking idiots.

Liberals disapprove of free speech. Get with your pogrom.

Yet I disagree with your bullshit talking points and this fine for public profanity. Your head just exploded.

Decriminalize pot and make profanity illegal?

Fucking idiots.

i'm sure they'll miss you

Forum List

Back