2 Students Injured in Shooting at California School

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
CARLSBAD, Calif. -- A gunman opened fire on a crowded school playground Friday, striking two children before construction workers tackled him, authorities said.

Construction worker Carlos Partida told KGTV-TV that he ran to his truck after he saw the suspect leave the playground.

"I hit him with my truck," he said.

Terry Lynn told KNSD-TV he looked out his window to see a man park his vehicle, jump a fence and fire a .357 Magnum revolver toward a crowd of children.

Lynn said he screamed, "No! No!" and rushed to the scene. By the time he arrived, construction workers had tackled the suspect. He helped restrain the man until police arrived.

2 Students Injured in Shooting at California School - FoxNews.com

Real life heroes. I hope these construction workers are awarded some kind of medal. :clap2:

They are heroes. And kudos to them.

But don't we need to talk about the availabliity of guns? And why was a mentally ill transient able to obtain one?

Last edited:
No argument from me Jillian. Crazy people should be banned.

I knew if we looked hard enough we'd agree on something. :beer:

Crazies.... criminals... people with domestic violence records... shouldn't come within a mile of a firearm.

The problem is to make sure that happens, people need to be screened. And the guns at all costs types don't like that.

No argument from me Jillian. Crazy people should be banned.

I knew if we looked hard enough we'd agree on something. :beer:

Crazies.... criminals... people with domestic violence records... shouldn't come within a mile of a firearm.

The problem is to make sure that happens, people need to be screened. And the guns at all costs types don't like that.

Here we go again. What is your grand plan to keep weapons away from these people? BTW, I agree with felons not having weapons.

Forum List

Back