2 Questions For 2nd Amendment Fans

Why infringe on the rights of felons? If the Second Amendment is sacrosanct, and the words express the original intent of the founders, shouldn't any infringement, control or regulation be unconstitutional?
["Yes, I'd like a a two megaton warhead on my mortor. Do you deliever?"]

You don't recognize the difference between someone forfeiting their rights AFTER they've committed a crime versus anticipating who MIGHT commit a crime??

Why infringe on the rights of felons? If the Second Amendment is sacrosanct, and the words express the original intent of the founders, shouldn't any infringement, control or regulation be unconstitutional?

Of course some people cannot discuss this issue intelligently.

You don't recognize the difference between someone forfeiting their rights AFTER they've committed a crime versus anticipating who MIGHT commit a crime??

I do. You don't know the meaning of the word sacrosanct.

01. Do you agree that convicts should not have access, aka be allowed to own guns?

02. Do you believe that an individual should be tested for mental competency before being allowed to own a gun?

Why/why not?

1.....depends on his crime

2.....who is going to say who is Mentaly Competant and how do you tell if he is or is not?.......now if the person has a history of being kinda deranged than thats more cut and dry.....but otherwise....how can you tell?......

Yes, why infringe on the rights of felons? IF you find felons should not own guns in a free society, then keep them locked away instead of violating the Constitution that gives me the right to own guns.

And if the fancy mortar floats your boat and you can afford it, have after it as far as I am concerned. You have done nothing wrong to prevent it. IF I could afford a battle ship I should be able to buy it. What is the problem here? "Shall Not Be Infringed," means;

Definition of INFRINGE
transitive verb
1: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another

I am pretty sure we had cannons when the Constitution was written.

It was my look-up word for today. :)

It would depend on the crime commited...no question of that.
It would also depend on the mental illness...are we talking neurotic...or psychotic? So yes, Marc, you are painting with a broad brush

Oh yes, I'm so confuzzled by your big words.:lol: Attempting to hold it up as "sacred", and therefore, "untouchable", is just simply a reflection on your inability to reasonably see any other perspective than your narrow view.

Go ahead Sarge! Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_angel:

Go ahead Sarge! Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_angel:

I already said anything that needed said by me.

Yes, why infringe on the rights of felons? IF you find felons should not own guns in a free society, then keep them locked away instead of violating the Constitution that gives me the right to own guns.

And if the fancy mortar floats your boat and you can afford it, have after it as far as I am concerned. You have done nothing wrong to prevent it. IF I could afford a battle ship I should be able to buy it. What is the problem here? "Shall Not Be Infringed," means;

Definition of INFRINGE
transitive verb
1: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another

I am pretty sure we had cannons when the Constitution was written.
Shin play along here ok?.....if some guy is in prison for shooting and killing 6 people randomly in cold blood.....and for some unknown reason ...he is released....and as he walks out he tells everyone.....im going to get a gun.....and kill 10 people this time......your ok with them letting him buy a gun legally?....

01. Do you agree that convicts should not have access, aka be allowed to own guns?

02. Do you believe that an individual should be tested for mental competency before being allowed to own a gun?

Why/why not?

I believe you are an idiot that wants to oversimplify things. Do we test people for mental competency before allowing them to own cars? Shouldn't we since cars kill more people every year than guns?

Why/why not?

Question 1 - Yes. Convicted felons have certain rights suspended under Due Process while incarcerated and while on parole and probation. The right to liberty, property, travel, assemble, and own a firearm are all suspended. They may petition for reinstatement.

Question 2 - No. It would be unconstitutional. Unless you believe literacy tests as eligibility requirements to vote were constitutional, you would not support it either. The government cannot proactively attempt to remove a persons rights. They must have cause.

I am all in favor of expanding the reporting of mental illness to the national database by law enforcement.

Why/why not?

1.....depends on his crime

2.....who is going to say who is Mentaly Competant and how do you tell if he is or is not?.......now if the person has a history of being kinda deranged than thats more cut and dry.....but otherwise....how can you tell?......

Good points Harry.
As to number one, any crime of violence; any crime wherein alcohol or drugs are an element of the offense (DUI, Drunk in public, sale, posssession for sale or transportation of drugs, for example); any crime where threats are made, any gang enhancement
As to number two, any civil committment wherein a person has been found by a medical professional to be a danger to themselves or others.
In any case where a protection or stayaway order is in effect.

Why/why not?

Do you agree that convicts should not have access, aka be allowed to own guns?
Of course not silly. Convicts are in Jail! :lol:

Seriously, I would suggest for people that have served Their time and Parole, that it should depend on the Nature of the Crime, whether it was a State or Federal Crime, and both the Federal and State Government's should have voice in that.

Do you believe that an individual should be tested for mental competency before being allowed to own a gun?

No. I do believe that a Background Check will Red Flag Anyone with a History of Mental Illness, in the clearing process. I do believe that a concerned Dealer should Report a Suspicious Customer to Federal Authorities. I do believe in the Right of the Seller to refuse the Sale. If you have reason to believe a crazy person is in possession of a gun, you should report it.

Felons and criminals have many rights suspended via Due Process. Liberty, property, assembly, travel, in addition to their second amendment rights.

But you can't infringe my right to liberty, or travel, or to assemble via legislation...only Due Process.

P.S. -- Both a warhead and a mortar are explosives, not arms.

Last edited:

Why/why not?

Do you agree that convicts should not have access, aka be allowed to own guns?
Of course not silly. Convicts are in Jail! :lol:

Seriously, I would suggest for people that have served Their time and Parole, that it should depend on the Nature of the Crime, whether it was a State or Federal Crime, and both the Federal and State Government's should have voice in that.

Do you believe that an individual should be tested for mental competency before being allowed to own a gun?

No. I do believe that a Background Check will Red Flag Anyone with a History of Mental Illness, in the clearing process. I do believe that a concerned Dealer should Report a Suspicious Customer to Federal Authorities. I do believe in the Right of the Seller to refuse the Sale. If you have reason to believe a crazy person is in possession of a gun, you should report it.

Do you also believe in the Easter bunny?

Your questions reflect a false premise.
Hmmm...now you proport to be a mind-reader.

Tell me, what false premise am I basing my questions on?

I'll rephrase: your questions imply a false premise.

By directing your questions to Second Amendment fans, you're suggesting it has something to do with them. Properly understood, it doesn't.

The Second Amendment was never intended to control gun ownership. It was intended to control the composition of the military.

Your questions reflect a false premise.
Hmmm...now you proport to be a mind-reader.

Tell me, what false premise am I basing my questions on?

I'll rephrase: your questions imply a false premise.

By directing your questions to Second Amendment fans, you're suggesting it has something to do with them. Properly understood, it doesn't.

The Second Amendment was never intended to control gun ownership. It was intended to control the composition of the military.

Sure, they just stuck it in with the other nine individual rights to throw us off. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back