1st Lady's Head

Melania and Ivanka chose not to wear the hijab while in Saudi Arabia, but both donned the mantilla to meet the Pope. Is that respect for one tradition but not the other?
View attachment 128534
Is that some kind of statement? :fu:
Also interesting that Muslims and the Pope BOTH don't want to see women's hair.
And PS, Melania isn't one of those people that looks good with a rag on her head. Some people can pull it off. She's not one.

We use to wear head coverings to Mass. Its just protocol with the Pope.
Melania and Ivanka chose not to wear the hijab while in Saudi Arabia, but both donned the mantilla to meet the Pope. Is that respect for one tradition but not the other?
View attachment 128534
And PS, Melania isn't one of those people that looks good with a rag on her head. Some people can pull it off. She's not one.
Guess that makes Melania a hypocrite.

Or maybe she simply finds the mantilla more fashionable than a hijab.
She should stay away from the headscarf entirely. Not good on her.
She looks fine. And why do you care?
It makes her look flat, truncated, cut off at the top. She's my first lady, and you know how headwear interests me.

You mean like the hats at the Kentucky Derby?
Yup. My friend's mother used to pin a lacy hankie on my head when I went to church with them on Sunday mornings. I don't think people need to go that far anymore.

YES! To hell with the horses; it's all about the hats. Love hats.

View attachment 128534

It makes her look flat, truncated, cut off at the top. She's my first lady, and you know how headwear interests me.

Yup. My friend's mother used to pin a lacy hankie on my head when I went to church with them on Sunday mornings. I don't think people need to go that far anymore.

You should get one made of foil. I think the sun is hurting you.

View attachment 128534

You should get one made of foil. I think the sun is hurting you.
Excuse me while I go silently sob in the corner.

View attachment 128534

Looks fine to me so I'll just chalk it up to you're a catty old woman.

Why should any President respect Islam?

Anyone who is a decent human being respects the beliefs of others. Assholes and losers who don't respect others find that the sentiment is returned.

So when will you start respecting most of America's and the Founding Father's beliefs? I'll wait. :booze:

When they come around to her train of thought.

200.gif

Why should any President respect Islam?

Anyone who is a decent human being respects the beliefs of others. Assholes and losers who don't respect others find that the sentiment is returned.

So when will you start respecting most of America's and the Founding Father's beliefs? I'll wait. :booze:

When they come around to her train of thought.

200.gif

Not likely to happen. :)

View attachment 128534

Yes

covering one's head is an ancient sign of respect which precedes even
the roman empire------the ancient greeks did it

she looks gorgeous
I hate black lace as a general rule of life. Reminds me of an old auntie.

View attachment 128534

Yes

she looks gorgeous

The sloppy-kiss one?

View attachment 128534

Yes

she looks gorgeous

Oh---I like it-----elegant-----but then..... none of my old aunts used it

View attachment 128534

Yes

she looks gorgeous

Oh---I like it-----elegant-----but then..... none of my old aunts used it
So much is association, isn't it? Polyester still makes me want to vomit, too.
But back to the thread, yes Melania is beautiful. No doubt about it.

View attachment 128534

No very few wear lace or hats at Mass for years, and I have not gone for several years. When we go out for brunch on Sundays, many blacks come in dressed to the hilt with matching hats, they go to the Baptist churches mainly. I seldom see any white women in hats.

Yes its worth watching just for the hats, some are out of this world!!

View attachment 128534

No very few wear lace or hats at Mass for years, and I have not gone for several years. When we go out for brunch on Sundays, many blacks come in dressed to the hilt with matching hats, they go to the Baptist churches mainly. I seldom see any white women in hats.

The hats is definitely a Kentucky thing. At the Preakness last weekend, very few Marylanders were wearing hats. I've now finished my horse racing watching for the year. Always Dreaming, who won the Kentucky Derby, did not win the Preakness, so there will be no Triple Crown winner this year. Whoever bet on the Preakness winner, though--Cloud Computing--made out. The odds were 13:1.

View attachment 128534

The hats is definitely a Kentucky thing. At the Preakness last weekend, very few Marylanders were wearing hats. I've now finished my horse racing watching for the year. Always Dreaming, who won the Kentucky Derby, did not win the Preakness, so there will be no Triple Crown winner this year. Whoever bet on the Preakness winner, though--Cloud Computing--made out. The odds were 13:1.

Yes a few wore hats at the Preakness. Makes me mad, they should have to run all three races. I think that is only fair.

King Salman gave permission for the women to leave their heads bare.

The Pope specifically asked both women to cover their heads.

There is no deeper meaning or insult.

View attachment 128534

At Sunday brunch a few years ago I was wearing my hat. A black family was coming toward me. The grandmother had a towering hat upon her head. As she passed I said "nice hat" . She and I might have been the only two hatted heads in the city.

I was immediately surrounded by angry grandsons demanding to know why I spoke without permission.

"Fuck you and grandma's ugly hat too"

At that moment I knew, blacks cannot be talked to, reasoned with, complimented or indeed dealt with as humans. They are animals allowed out of cages like in the wild animal park. Don't make eye contact. Walk on by.

Forum List

Back