1906 Marlin 1893 and 1934 Walther PPK

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I woman brought in a decent collection to my LGS this morning....About 40 collectable guns and a bunch of bayonets and .mil fighting knives.

There was even a couple (6" and 4") unfired/in box 60s era Pythons, a couple Lugers, and a new Remington Rand M1911A1, a really nice matching German G-43 and a very nice Winchester M1886 in .45-70.

I brought these two home:

A 1906 Marlin Model 1893 in .30-30. It's in good solid shape with a nice bore....It's a take-down.....The bright areas were color case hardened back when it was new but pretty much wore off now. It's the first one I've seen for a while that wasn't in some oddball caliber.
ppk 009 (2).JPG

Next up is a 7.65 (.32) 1934 Walther PPK in it's original DRGM holster w/extra mag. It's a pretty good example.

ppk 006 (2).JPG
I have about $900.00 in them.

Guess I'll go be poor somewhere else.

:laughing0301:
I only have about $900 in them, so I can't really complain.

I'm more tickled with the Marlin than the PPK but at least it rounds out the German collection and there's no "mission creep" like finding a period holster/mag for it.

Sigh, I'd really like that .45-70 Win. 1886 but I don't want to drop $2500.00 on it.

I did see a nice .22 Model 1-1/2 Remington Rolling Block in today's collection but I think it's about $150 too high. If it's around next week I might pick it up but he's supposed to get in another big collection Friday, all military so who knows what I might find!

Here's the place....It's my "honey hole" for the older stuff:

Stuff moves in and out all the time between gunporker and walk-ins so the list might not be up to date.

Anyone that's close or visiting......It's well worth the trip....Just to look around! ;)

I'm more tickled with the Marlin than the PPK but at least it rounds out the German collection and there's no "mission creep" like finding a period holster/mag for it.

Sigh, I'd really like that .45-70 Win. 1886 but I don't want to drop $2500.00 on it.

I did see a nice .22 Model 1-1/2 Remington Rolling Block in today's collection but I think it's about $150 too high. If it's around next week I might pick it up but he's supposed to get in another big collection Friday, all military so who knows what I might find!

Stuff moves in and out all the time between gunporker and walk-ins so the list might not be up to date.

Anyone that's close or visiting......It's well worth the trip....Just to look around! ;)
I just bought a new Henry 30-30.

Guy at the FFL shop said it was a unicorn.

7jhqcy.jpg

They do have some nice guns! Geez, I bought one exactly like this 5 years ago at a garage sale for $20. The guy thought it was some kind of tool, and it brought a nice four-figure sum on gunbroker.

CSArms Item Detail

They do have some nice guns! Geez, I bought one exactly like this 5 years ago at a garage sale for $20. The guy thought it was some kind of tool, and it brought a nice four-figure sum on gunbroker.

CSArms Item Detail
Oh, I bought a 91/30 PU sniper a couple of weeks back there and something seemed "off" about it stock wise but it was what it was so I did not pay it anymore mind.

The guy that sold it to the shop came in yesterday and brought the original stock that was on the gun when he bought it. Cliff gave it to me today and yep, it was the original stock. I was tickled with that too.

pu 002 (2).JPG

Why the guy changed the stock out I'll never know, I guess he wanted a newer looking stock. :dunno:

Oh, I bought a 91/30 PU sniper a couple of weeks back there and something seemed "off" about it stock wise but it was what it was so I did not pay it anymore mind.

The guy that sold it to the shop came in yesterday and brought the original stock that was on the gun when he bought it. Cliff gave it to me today and yep, it was the original stock. I was tickled with that too.

View attachment 779654

Why the guy changed the stock out I'll never know, I guess he wanted a newer looking stock. :dunno:
It's nice to get one with a stock in good condition.

I bought a M48 Mauser online and it was pretty beat up.
Somebody put their initials in the stock. Looked like it was a capture from the Nazis in the 40s and the Yugo's got it and used it for several years.
I'd like to get a new stock for it, but then it would change the historic value.

It's nice to get one with a stock in good condition.

I bought a M48 Mauser online and it was pretty beat up.
Somebody put their initials in the stock. Looked like it was a capture from the Nazis in the 40s and the Yugo's got it and used it for several years.
I'd like to get a new stock for it, but then it would change the historic value.
M48s were not WW-2 issue rifles, post war manufacture/issue.

Now they did have what were call Yugo Capture K98s which were German K98s pretty much scrubbed of markings and Yugo markings applied, some were more scrubbed than others and many were rebarreled with fresh Yugo-made 8mm barrels.

Stock carvings are very common with M48s, some very elaborate, some like yours.

R.183d19fcd488028b94fd71e5eaf0dfe6

Forum List

Back