18,460 dead people on Ohio voter rolls

So take them off the rolls.

Oh I forgot, we have a political party that opposes that for some odd reason. They seem to think that dead people being off the rolls hurts their chances politically.

Nope. No fraud here.

Has anyone ever complimented you on how well your ass speaks?

Nope. Can't say that anyone ever has.

But then, if my rear end can reason so much better than those opposing IDs, don't you guys think it might be time to come up with some real, reasonable arguments why we should not eliminate voter fraud at every turn possible?

Liberals are the ones who want to close down alternative sources of information.

lol how so?

The fairness doctrine, campus speech codes, boycotting FOX News. Boycotting sponsors of Limbaugh's radio program. Boycotting sponsors of Dr. Joyce Brother's radio program. Denying a visa to Michael Savage. Yada, yada, yada.

come on now. The fairness doctrine promotes both sides of an issue, boycotting is not closing down anyone and done by conservatives. what liberal denied Michael Savage a passport? And I could give you many examples of Republicans trying to silence Democrats.

Updated: Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011, 4:40 PM EDT

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Ohio's top elections official says it appears that thousands of voters considered "active" are anything but.

Secretary of State Jon Husted says a report has found nearly 18,500 dead people on the state's voter rolls. Records of registered voters were cross-checked with a list of deceased Ohioans maintained by the state Health Department.

18,460 dead people on Ohio voter rolls

Does this mean that Bush did NOT win Ohio in 2004?

Oh I forgot, we have a political party that opposes that for some odd reason. They seem to think that dead people being off the rolls hurts their chances politically.

Nope. No fraud here.

Nope. Can't say that anyone ever has.

But then, if my rear end can reason so much better than those opposing IDs, don't you guys think it might be time to come up with some real, reasonable arguments why we should not eliminate voter fraud at every turn possible?

As long as a uniform, national voter ID is issued to all eligible voters I am fine with it.

Explain how the bill hurts the poor.

Please explain how the post of mine that you quoted made that assertion.

Still weaseling, I see.

Here is what you quoted:

Nope. No fraud here.

Again, please tell me how this post makes that assertion.

Why does a state issued ID harm the poor if a national ID doesn't?

Still waiting on you to quote me making such an assertion.............

Still weaseling, I see.

The whole thrust of the opening post is that ID requirements hurt the poor. You proposed that a national ID was the solution. If you aren't trying to solve the problem stated in the OP, what problem does a national ID solve?

Why does a state issued ID harm the poor if a national ID doesn't?

Still waiting on you to quote me making such an assertion.............

Still weaseling, I see.

The whole thrust of the opening post is that ID requirements hurt the poor. You proposed that a national ID was the solution. If you aren't trying to solve the problem stated in the OP, what problem does a national ID solve?

I'm not weaseling at all ... I'm just not accepting your strawman argument as my own.

Like I said, I am fine with a voter ID as long as it's national and issued. It has everything to do with uniformity and not having to pay a fee to vote, which in my opinion is Unconstitutional.

If the ID is not issued and/or there is a fee attached to getting it then, yes, such a policy will hurt the poor.

I'm not weaseling at all ... I'm just not accepting your strawman argument as my own.

Like I said, I am fine with a voter ID as long as it's national and issued. It has everything to do with uniformity and not having to pay a fee to vote, which in my opinion is Unconstitutional.

Who said they had to pay a fee to get a state issued ID? What difference does "uniformity" make? Voting laws are different in every state. Do you oppose that?

Too bad, because the Constitution says that each state shall determine its election own laws. Imposing a federal requirement for a national ID would definitely be unconstitutional.

Who said they had to pay a fee to get a state issued ID? What difference does "uniformity" make? Voting laws are different in every state. Do you oppose that?

Too bad, because the Constitution says that each state shall determine its election own laws. Imposing a federal requirement for a national ID would definitely be unconstitutional.

If the ID is going to be used for national elections then IMO it should be uniform.

In regards to the fee .... I have to pay a fee to get a driver's license, do I not?

If there is no fee attached to getting the ID, again, that's cool with me.

Forum List

Back