160K per stimulus job.

Nice work if you can get it.

That money is completely wasted. People should be up in arms about it.

Hell of a deal.

No link? Did they take into account how much tax revenue each job produces? The multiplier effect of a dollar injected into the economy? The savings on unemployment and other needs based payments?

You don't actually believe that shit, do you?
There is no multiplier effect. The multiplier of gov't non defense spending is less than 1. That means it's a drag not a stimulus.
Each job produced no revenue. Unemployment would pay less than this wage, so there is no savings.
Look, gov't can only give money to one person by taking it from someone else.

Many screamed their concern about this before they passed their disastrous "Stimulus" debacle. No one listened though and this included many so-called "Conservative" Republicans too. Once again no one is listening to those screaming their concern about what a disastrous debacle their Health Care Boondoggle is going to be. I mean come on,fining and possibly imprisoning fellow Americans who don't have health insurance? Yikes! I just listen to what Dr. Ron Paul says about these kinds of disasters. He has said many times that he has been in Congress for some 25yrs and has never seen a spending bill that hasn't at least tripled in costs from their original stated cost claims. So if they're saying $1 Trillion,just think at least $3 to $4 Trillion. I'm sure it's going to cost even more than that in the end. They're simply not listening to the People. This sad reality should be the rally-cry for all concerned Americans at this point.

Last edited:
Hell of a deal.

No link? Did they take into account how much tax revenue each job produces? The multiplier effect of a dollar injected into the economy? The savings on unemployment and other needs based payments?

There is no multiplier effect. The multiplier of gov't non defense spending is less than 1. That means it's a drag not a stimulus.
Each job produced no revenue. Unemployment would pay less than this wage, so there is no savings.

A guy without a job, collecting unemployment, gets a job from the stimulus. He stops collecting unemployment. He starts paying federal and state income tax. He starts paying into Medicare and Social Security. He has more money in his pocket, and spends more. His increased spending is taxed.

Most of their "Stimulus" jobs are going to be Government jobs. Government jobs are incredibly expensive to the individual tax payer and will only result in a huge net loss for Americans in the end. The Private Sector will continue to lay off employees or will continue their Hiring-Freezes. Why wouldn't they listen? Why are they still not listening? Their Health Care Boondoggle is going to be an awful disaster for this Nation. Do the politicians serve us anymore or do we serve them?

A guy without a job, collecting unemployment, gets a job from the stimulus. He stops collecting unemployment. He starts paying federal and state income tax. He starts paying into Medicare and Social Security. He has more money in his pocket, and spends more. His increased spending is taxed.

Wow. You really do believe that shit I guess.
WHere did the money come from? It came from someone else who was working. Now that person is no longer working. He is collecting unemployment. He isn't paying taxes.
Gov't does not create wealth. Gov't simply moves wealth from one person to another.

And that tax collected is not as much as what was paid out..... it is a LOSE situation...

Lest we not forget that most of these jobs are not ones that will stand the test of time...

The jobs would have been better and we would have been better off if those companies, individuals, and small business owners would have been able to use the money in the first place and not had it go thru the government bureaucracy for the sake of government power... much like the 23K per 'cash for clunkers', we got screwed and you liberal lemmings still salivate over it hook, line, and sinker

And that tax collected is not as much as what was paid out..... it is a LOSE situation...

Lest we not forget that most of these jobs are not ones that will stand the test of time...

The jobs would have been better and we would have been better off if those companies, individuals, and small business owners would have been able to use the money in the first place and not had it go thru the government bureaucracy for the sake of government power... much like the 23K per 'cash for clunkers', we got screwed and you liberal lemmings still salivate over it hook, line, and sinker

All I did was ask where the 160K figure came from and how it was calculated. Apparently that will remain a mystery.

I understand that the Administration has stated that the $160,000 is wrong and it is only around $90,000 per job.

Where the hell do I sign up? That doubles what I get from my Military retirement and Disability. Damn, and I'm paying taxes for this too?

OBAMA = Not good for the USA.

Forum List

Back