157 die in plane crash

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
'No survivors' in Ethiopia plane crash

An Ethiopian Airlines jet has crashed shortly after take-off from Addis Ababa, killing all on board.

The airline said 149 passengers and eight crew members were on flight ET302 from the Ethiopian capital to Nairobi in Kenya.

It said 32 Kenyans, 18 Canadians, eight Americans and seven British nationals were among the passengers.

RIP.

Despite the infrequency, and the overall safety of flying, tragedies like this they are always shocking.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens at Boeing. This is the second 737-8 Max to go down since October. EA just took delivery of this plane in November.

Last edited:
Despite the infrequency, and the overall safety of flying, of tragedies like this they are always shocking.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens at Boeing. This is the second 737-8 Max to go down since October. EA just took delivery of this plane in November.
The plane was new apparently.

NB Not sure why this thread was moved. 8 Americans died in this tragedy,

Despite the infrequency, and the overall safety of flying, of tragedies like this they are always shocking.

The plane was new apparently.

NB Not sure why this thread was moved. 8 Americans died in this tragedy,
It happened in Africa regardless of how many Americans died in the crash. Now if it was an American military action/accident then it might go in the US section.

Boeing’s fastest-ever selling aircraft is set to draw fresh scrutiny from officials after an Ethiopian Airlines 737 MAX jet crashed shortly after takeoff on Sunday, killing everyone on board. It is the second deadly crash for the plane in less than five months.

Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 crashed in a rural area southeast of Addis Ababa, killing all 149 passengers and eight crew members on board. The aircraft left the Ethiopian capital at 8:38 a.m. local time in clear weather and lost contact six minutes later, the airline said. Victims included citizens of over a dozen countries, including Kenya, Canada, the United States, Great Britain, China and Italy.

Boeing’s fastest-ever selling aircraft is set to draw fresh scrutiny from officials after an Ethiopian Airlines 737 MAX jet crashed shortly after takeoff on Sunday, killing everyone on board. It is the second deadly crash for the plane in less than five months.

Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 crashed in a rural area southeast of Addis Ababa, killing all 149 passengers and eight crew members on board. The aircraft left the Ethiopian capital at 8:38 a.m. local time in clear weather and lost contact six minutes later, the airline said. Victims included citizens of over a dozen countries, including Kenya, Canada, the United States, Great Britain, China and Italy.

Boeing's top-selling plane is set for new scrutiny after second deadly crash in 5 months

Here are some more links.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/10/ethio...eing-737-8-max-plane-catastrophe-in-5-months/

Boeing's top-selling plane is set for new scrutiny after second deadly crash in 5 months

https://nypost.com/2019/03/10/ethio...eing-737-8-max-plane-catastrophe-in-5-months/

I was on an accident team for a major aerospace company for years. 99.8% probability it’s pilot or mechanic at fault.

I was on an accident team for a major aerospace company for years. 99.8% probability it’s pilot or mechanic at fault.

Not to rain on your expertise, that was then and this is further advanced tech now.

Isn’t this the Aircraft that doesn’t actually have “wires” in it and rather uses something like Bluetooth to communicate with control boxes that move aelerons, flaps and rudders?

In other words ther is no way to manually control the craft or “fly by wire”.

Can someone confirm that? Maybe these are acts of terrorism and the controls are being hacked.

Not to rain on your expertise, that was then and this is further advanced tech now.

Well, considering I’ve done investigations after the Lindbergh crash, I know I’m right.

Isn’t this the Aircraft that doesn’t actually have “wires” in it and rather uses something like Bluetooth to communicate with control boxes that move aelerons, flaps and rudders?

In other words ther is no way to manually control the craft or “fly by wire”.

Can someone confirm that? Maybe these are acts of terrorism and the controls are being hacked.
737 has more planes flying than any aircraft in history. If sabatoge were possible they wouldn’t target 3rd world airlines.

Well, considering I’ve done investigations after the Lindbergh crash, I know I’m right.

Two new same model aircraft go down within one year of each other auguring into the ground like a corkscrew.
Maybe, it's just me.

Two new same model aircraft go down within one year of each other auguring into the ground like a corkscrew.
Maybe, it's just me.

Same third world airline. Thousands flying in other nations. What’s the common denominator?

Maybe, it's just me.

Same third world airline. Thousands flying in other nations. What’s the common denominator?

I dunno. You're the expert. I fold.

Maybe, it's just me.

I dunno. You're the expert. I fold.
Ethiopian Airline is a botch better than Malaysian Airlines.
At least you can locate the dead.

Forum List

Back