15 Minutes...

Mr. President. You've told us on several occasions that our country is broke, yet you keep on proposing more and more massive spending programs which we don't have the money to pay for so we'll have to continue borrowing more and more money to afford them, which will only exacerbate the country's dire financial state. Why are you so blind to the idiocy of your spending proposals?

SSDD, there are plenty of Peter Pans on both sides.

I'd tell him to find his balls and stop being so "deferential" to Congress. If the man is as serious about his policy proposals and about putting the brakes on the porkfest as he claimed, he has a nice shiny veto pen to get his point across. Use it!
As he seems to be GWB the Third, we'll see no vetoes during his (first?) term. That's my bet.

And that's what disppoints me the most about him so far. I know he's trying to stay true to his interpretation of the Constitutional balance of power and I respect that to some degree. I also see he's trying to avoid an interparty war like the problems that plagued Carter. But he fails to understand the nature of leadership as opposed to being a member of the pack as he was in the Senate.

I must spread some rep before giving it to Goldcatt again but if ever there was a post for repping, that one is it!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

But he fails to understand the nature of leadership as opposed to being a member of the pack as he was in the Senate.

That seems to be the problem. If I had 15 minutes with him I'd encourage him to call out Pelosi and Reid in public. Set the standard and hold them too it.

Right now it looks like Pelosi and Reid are driving policy. That isn't good.

it would be an exercise in futility where we would have to agree to disagree.

I'll pass and spend the 15 minutes doing something productive like cleaning the toilet.

But he fails to understand the nature of leadership as opposed to being a member of the pack as he was in the Senate.

That seems to be the problem. If I had 15 minutes with him I'd encourage him to call out Pelosi and Reid in public. Set the standard and hold them too it.

Right now it looks like Pelosi and Reid are driving policy. That isn't good.

Exactly. I understand his reasons for picking his battles, but it doesn't seem like he's picking any at all. He has the mantle, he worked hard enough to get it. Now it's time to wear it!

Forum List

Back