13.6 million refugees displaced by wars in Syria and Iraq, UNHCR says

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
What a high number of people to be displaced from their homes!!! Many of them will never have the opportunity to move back to their old towns.

13.6 million refugees displaced by wars in Syria and Iraq, UNHCR says
Posted 12 November 2014, 7:03 AEDT
The equivalent of the population of London, 13.6 million people, has been displaced by wars in Syria and Iraq, but the world is becoming numb to the plight of refugees, a UNHCR director says.

5819122-3x2-700x467.jpg

Refugees wait behind a fence before they cross the border from Syria into Turkey. (Credit: Getty Images)
About 13.6 million people, equivalent to the population of London, have been displaced by conflicts in Syria and Iraq, many without food or shelter as winter starts, the UN refugee agency UNHCR says.

Amin Awad, UNHCR's director for the Middle East and North Africa, said the world was becoming numb to the refugees' needs.

13.6 million refugees displaced by wars in Syria and Iraq UNHCR says ABC Radio Australia

Just wondering .....U.S. contributions reached record highs. In FY 2010, they exceeded $7.691 billion, and I would presume it over $10 billion today.... what the fuck are they doing with this money, that could be used to help these poor people?

Maybe it is dispersed to the delegates to the UN from the different countries to live the high life in New York.

Just wondering .....U.S. contributions reached record highs. In FY 2010, they exceeded $7.691 billion, and I would presume it over $10 billion today.... what the fuck are they doing with this money, that could be used to help these poor people?

Maybe it is dispersed to the delegates to the UN from the different countries to live the high life in New York.

Sally, I don't think there is a MAYBE about that!

Sally, I don't think there is a MAYBE about that!

I have to agree with you there.

Sally, I don't think there is a MAYBE about that![/QUOTE

I have to agree with you there.

I-Team UN Delegates Living Large While Their People Starve NBC New York

No matter much is taught to others with the news, the bottom line is that there is going to be an enormous amount of people who will go hungry and who will be freezing this winter.

U.N. funding shortfall may leave Iraq Syria refugees in the cold - UPI.com

UN Launches Food Program for Displaced Iraqis?

Doors closing for Syrians seeking refuge abroad humanitarian agencies Reuters

No matter much is taught to others with the news, the bottom line is that there is going to be an enormous amount of people who will go hungry and who will be freezing this winter.
Because the US invaded and occupied two sovereign Muslim states in order to gain control of their natural and geo-strategic resources.

Did you support either illegal war of aggression?

Silly question.

Because the US invaded and occupied two sovereign Muslim states in order to gain control of their natural and geo-strategic resources.

Did you support either illegal war of aggression?

Silly question.

Silly Boy, always showing his hatred for the U.S. Maybe he should move to some communist country where he would be more comfortable. Naturally this Silly Boy thinks that the U.S. invaded Syria. and of course he didn't have any problems with Saddam murdering thousands and thousands of people. All this is really besides the point. It is quite obvious that you don't care what conditions these innocent people will have to live through this coming winter. As long as you are warm and dry in your little one-room subsidized apartment and have Meals on Wheels, you are one happy little fellow.

Silly Boy, always showing his hatred for the U.S. Maybe he should move to some communist country where he would be more comfortable. Naturally this Silly Boy thinks that the U.S. invaded Syria. and of course he didn't have any problems with Saddam murdering thousands and thousands of people
I had a problem with US support for Saddam's terrorism, did you? The illegal US invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq is the biggest single contributing factor to the current terror in Syria, and all your crocodile tears for the victims only confirms your hypocrisy, or worse.

Silly Boy, always showing his hatred for the U.S. Maybe he should move to some communist country where he would be more comfortable. Naturally this Silly Boy thinks that the U.S. invaded Syria. and of course he didn't have any problems with Saddam murdering thousands and thousands of people
I had a problem with US support for Saddam's terrorism, did you? The illegal US invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq is the biggest single contributing factor to the current terror in Syria, and all your crocodile tears for the victims only confirms your hypocrisy, or worse.

the current terror in Syria has nothing to do with the US invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq-----it is an EXTENSION of the GLORIOUS ARAB SPRING ----and it includes the 1400
year old bloody Shiite/sunni feud ------and the really bloody
issue of THE CALIPHATE------an idea that dates back to the rapist, himself

That's the best you can do? -----of course----ISIS has nothing to do with it. Papa assad and baby assad----also nothing despite the fact that they were murdering despots---
but thanks for your input
IS didn't exist until the US created it by invading and occupying Iraq. Wars of Aggression differ only from other war crimes in that they contain within themselves the accumulated evil of the whole, remember?

That's the best you can do? -----of course----ISIS has nothing to do with it. Papa assad and baby assad----also nothing despite the fact that they were murdering despots---
IS didn't exist until the US created it by invading and occupying Iraq. Wars of Aggression differ only from other war crimes in that they contain within themselves the accumulated evil of the whole, remember?

I learned about the ISLAMIC STATE------more than 45 years ago-----from muslims. The "ISLAMIC STATE"---
is the essence of islam Islam does not exist without it.
READ THE KORAN ---not that reading that idiot book will
provide much insight on its own-----but READ it and then
talk to muslims--------well----maybe not now-----I spoke to muslims LONG BEFORE 2001 in fact even before 1967----but it was circa 1970 that I really learned----

THE ISLAMIC STATE IS ISLAM Since childhood I
was fascinated with the assertion of the islamo Nazi
propaganda "JOOOOS SEEK TO CONTROL THE
WORLD" -----------being a jew----I knew it an absurd idea---
jews seek to BE LEFT ALONE----------as I grew up and learned more and more-------I LEARNED ABOUT THE
EGO DEFENCE MECHANISM---- PROJECTION-----the
people who seek world control are YOU--------

*****ISLAMO NAZIS******

jews seek to BE LEFT ALONE----------as I grew up and learned more and more-------I LEARNED ABOUT THE

*****ISLAMO NAZIS******
"BASEL I. In 1988 a faceless, unelected group of bankers met in Basel, Switzerland at the Bank for International Settlements ('BIS') – the 'Central Banker’s bank' which even Swiss authorities may not enter – and in their 'Basel I accords' agreed to a set of minimum capital requirements (8%) for banks.

"This was a number fine for some banks, but higher than what was in place for France and especially Japanese banks.

"To raise more capital to reach the 8% level, French and Japanese banks had to reduce loans, causing a recession in France and a depression in Japan, one from which Japan has never fully recovered."

Might we well wonder if more Jews than Muslims work in Basel?

http://www.themoneymasters.com/

*****ISLAMO NAZIS******
"BASEL I. In 1988 a faceless, unelected group of bankers met in Basel, Switzerland at the Bank for International Settlements ('BIS') – the 'Central Banker’s bank' which even Swiss authorities may not enter – and in their 'Basel I accords' agreed to a set of minimum capital requirements (8%) for banks.

"This was a number fine for some banks, but higher than what was in place for France and especially Japanese banks.

"To raise more capital to reach the 8% level, French and Japanese banks had to reduce loans, causing a recession in France and a depression in Japan, one from which Japan has never fully recovered."

[URL='http://www.themoneymasters.com/[/QUOTE'][/QUOTE[/URL]]

Lots and lots of ISLAMO NAZIS work in Basel---
in fact it is controlled by ISLAMO NAZIS ----I think you
have a problem understanding the term ISLAMO NAZI---
it is a movement initiated by CONSTANTINE---emperor
of the first Reich. There have been REICHS-----
over the past approximately 1700 years and CALIPHATES--over the past 1400 years. ------

*****ISLAMO NAZIS******

[/QUOTE]

*****ISLAMO NAZIS******

[/QUOTE]

Lots and lots of ISLAMO NAZIS work in Basel---
in fact it is controlled by ISLAMO NAZIS ----I think you
have a problem understanding the term ISLAMO NAZI---
it is a movement initiated by CONSTANTINE---emperor
of the first Reich. There have been REICHS-----
over the past approximately 1700 years and CALIPHATES--over the past 1400 years. ------
No Jews required?

Since you are so obsessed with Iraq, Gaza George, only because you hate the U.S. and can use Iraq against the U.S., how about finding this woman blogger and she can give you more insight into what was going on in Iraq with Saddam. She, herself fled the country and took political refuge in Germany. I realize that you had read no stories from Iraqi citizens about what was going on there when Saddam was in power, and this Iraqi woman can help you out with some background information.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/per...eeks-to-heal-her-homeland-with-her-words.html

Forum List

Back