12 Chicago shootings since midnight saturday

local news only of course.

Yup, living here in Phoenix I feel all empty inside if I don't have 24/7 coverage of local crime in Chicago. In fact I think my life would be more complete if my newspaper was as big as a phone book with all the local crimes reported on from all cities. I'll retire early so I can spend 15 hours per day reading it, just to have my finger on the pulse of the nation.

What would be interesting on a national level if overall trends, like:
Chicago Homicides Down by 17% in 2013 - WSJ.com

- The number of homicides in Chicago dropped to 413 from Jan. 1 through Dec. 30, a 17% decline over 2012

- lowest annual number of homicides since the 1960s

- The numbers of shooting incidents and shooting victims both decreased 24% from 2012

- When looking at cities with police departments serving at least 250,000 people, Chicago's crime rate is comparable to Houston or Minneapolis

So I await your breathless updates on local shootings in Houston, and usual nonsensical musings about why local news it only reported locally.

Pointless killing for no reason.

I am sure the kid had his reasons.

Kid joins gang as he has not father to lead him towards better. :(

While some would say it is a racial thang, it is in fact a cultural thing.

Increased divorce rates and unwed childbearing made painless by government assistance has caused an explosion in the rate of bastard birth since the 1960's.

That in turn means a lot of kids growing up without fathers to guide them, especially in their teen years. In addition our society has no 'coming of age' point for males, and so a lot of confused young men think coming of age means gunning someone down or fathering a child without marrying the mother.

All this comes from the mass media promoting a toxic culture that idolizes murder as 'courage' and irresponsibility as 'freedom'.

Forum List

Back