11-Year-Old Allegedly Brings Gun To School

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by TruthOut10, Dec 18, 2012.

1. TruthOut10

TruthOut10 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +88
    An 11-year-old student may face charges after he said his parents encouraged him to bring a gun to school for protection.

Fox Salt Lake City reports that the boy said his parents' suggestion came after the devastating Sandy Hook Elementary shooting on Friday.

The student allegedly pulled the .22-caliber pistol out of his backpack during recess Monday morning and pointed it at one of his classmates.

"He pulled out a gun and he put it to my head — me and my friend — (and) said he was going to kill us," Isabelle Rios told KSL. "I told him I was going to tell, but he said, ‘If you tell, I'm going to kill you.'"

Student Brings Gun To School In Utah For 'Protection' After Sandy Hook Elementary Shooting

2. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,492
    It's not "allegedly", this 11 year old kid DID bring a gun to school, because apparently, he was scared of the shooting that happened in CT.

Sixth-grader in Utah brings gun to school to avoid Connecticut-style attack, district spokesman says - U.S. News

3. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    A child should not feel so scared that they feel they have to use a gun to protect themselves. Its sad.

4. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    If it is true that ALL of the alleged facts are true the parents should be arrested and charged with public endangerment and child abuse and their stupid kid should be taken away and placed in the custody of the State of Utah. This is the same parental bad decision making that led to Sandy Hook. Except in this case the kid wasn't twenty and ALL of the responsibility falls on the parents.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    It is not "sad" you twit. Two adults are responsible for introducing a firearm into the immediate vicinity of children entrusting their dumb ass kid with a pistol and the responsibility to keep it hidden and secure. It is a crime. "Oh but Sandy Hook!!!!!" Fuck Sandy Hook you morons... get a fucking grip!

6. varelse

varelse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    CPS, anyone? Seriously, bad decision.

7. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,639
    Noomi...don't fret having riled up the janitor of a seedy Seattle hotel. Internet tough guys used to be a dime a dozen, but worth considerably less these days due to the economies of supply and demand.

I agree with your sentiment that it's a sad situation.

8. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    What is with the gun nuts that they're sending their kids to school with guns now?

They seem intent on getting even more kids and teachers killed.

9. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    You are 100% wrong as usual. Not about the motel..It's seen better days..but as far as my duties..they do not include repairs or even cleaning anything except after my own dogs.

The owner of the property has a crew that clean and pick up garbage...he has a guy that does emergency repairs...he has a glass guy. He's been needed about twenty times.

My duties are just general light management and security.

I can see why giving a gun to an eleven year old who cannot wait to take it to school and point this loaded gun to the head of another student and declare "I will kill you" is "sad". It is because you feel empathy for bullies...not victims. That makes you a sociopath.

I recieved my first firearm when I was 9. I had three by the time I was 11. Yanno why I got a big rifle and a pistol added to my 22 single shot? Because I didn't threaten anyone or shoot anything not authorized in about 5000 rounds. God knows my sister and two other younger brothers tested that experiment. No it wasn't sad. Their fucking kid is a bully. They already knew he was a bully and they were stupid enough to give their stupid bully kid a loaded pistol to take to school. That isn't "sad" you fucking halfwit...It is outrageous. The father of the kid who will be scarred for life now that had the loaded gun to his head in the hands of the fucking playground bully should go to the house of said fucking stupid family and burn it fucking to the ground.

10. JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,542
    Sadly it has become an every person for themselves kind of world. People do not care what happens to others anymore if they ever did care at all. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly