11 Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Belly Fat

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Health.com / Carey Rossi @goodhealth, May 4, 2014

Another one of those health tip things that literally hit me in the gut – and mine is far too big!

From missing out on sleep to a genetic factors, there are plenty of reasons why your abdominal fat, which can be a predictor of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and some cancers, may be stubbornly sticking around

The article is @ 11 Reasons Why You?re Not Losing Belly Fat - TIME with a link to this – 24 Fat Burning Ab Exercises @ 24 Fat-Burning Ab Exercises (No Crunches!) - Health.com

Well, I've been tempted to go the liposuction route but am going to give this a shot

low-belly-leg-reach-75x75.jpg

Cut out as many processed foods as you can. Try to eat whole foods, which means real veggies, real meat or fish, and some dairy is okay also. Limit carbs. That does not mean go carbless, but keep your carb intake under control. Last of all, eat your calories; do not drink them. As for exercise, cardio is great but mix it up and try to spend the majority of your cardio time doing interval training or HIIT (high intensity interval training). That means bust it out for short periods with a little rest in between. If you are running, run at top speed for two minutes, then job easily for two minutes, back and forth. Same on an elliptical. Bust it out hard for one minute, then ease up for a couple of minutes, then bust it out again.

The belly fat is the toughest to lose. As much as I work out, I still have two inches I just can't seem to get rid of, but that is because I like my late night snacks too much.

Forum List

Back