10K..... that was fun!

Who knew it was possible? When i started rep came in 25 and 100 unites at a time.... it took FOREVER to go up a whole rep point. I remember when getting to 1000 was HUGE! Then here is the whole post to rep thing that i know i will never be on top of. AuquaAthena has that one hands down. It is much easier for the noobs now, so i don't expect being first in reps will hold for long. :lol:

I never thought i would get here first.... so many other good posters were well ahead of me, this mile stone should have been one of theirs. In a way, the 10k is a bit bittersweet becasue of the people who should have been here before me....but i am very glad the wait of getting here is finally over!

10K baby! Thanks to everyone who has given me reps and gotten me here.

:thewave:

And what are reps for....but to give away! :)

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Congratulations syrenn,

And thanks also, for the hat tip, so to speak, of my achievements here. Just like you to be so charitable.

I have documented, a PM from a poster, asking me if I knew I had the highest reps to post percentage of anyone on the board, 16.6. :confused: I had been here one year and 3 months and had 3000 posts with 500 reps. That was the first time I ever noticed how reps were calculated and what it all meant. Meaning I was receiving 16.6 reps for every post I made. :eek:

As you said that was in the days when the highest poster, Echo Zulu had 800 reps, and 8 reps to post percentage. CG and boedicca had 5 or 6 reps to posts, and the rest much less, down to 1 or 2. Someone had started a thread about it all and most everyone that cared, posted their counts. The thread asked: How many reps for people with over 500 posts." ( paraphrasing )

boedicca left USMB for almost a year, it seems and I am so glad she has returned.

Now, me, after having opted out of reps for 7 months, then, back in two months ago, I have 7217 reps with 7598 posts, which gives me 94.98 reps per post percentage. That is only the highest on board of anyone over 1000 posts. Newbs can often have high reps with low posts, because our high reps are what we are bestowing upon the worthiest ones. :) As well as the longer-term posters....:D And they, us.

You have run a most successful business, within a business, and have earned your prize, by treating everyone that comes into the Tavern with respect and individual attention, and that makes them feel important, because they are, to you. You have earned, not begged or encouraged, rep threads and have succeeded on merit alone. In any business, virtual or otherwise, a customer likes to know the owner sees them in their business, because they want the owner to know they are patronizing them. The owner appreciates the patronage, and makes all who grace their doors, feel important by using various methods.

So let us celebrate your success, as I tried to do last night, in the Tavern before I had to log off and get up early for work this morning. I knew I would miss the fun.

You said something at the end of your announcement, that I have long felt, because I had a mother who told me, many times, "what good is having money if you aren't helping someone with it."

You said," "And what are reps for....but to give away!" And I agree and I do. So onward and upward and "hooray" for The Tavern and it's savvy and generous, beautiful and sexy, BARKEEP!!!! :cheers2: :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance:

My rep to post ratio sucks....:(

Oh well...

Who knew it was possible? When i started rep came in 25 and 100 unites at a time.... it took FOREVER to go up a whole rep point. I remember when getting to 1000 was HUGE! Then here is the whole post to rep thing that i know i will never be on top of. AuquaAthena has that one hands down. It is much easier for the noobs now, so i don't expect being first in reps will hold for long. :lol:

I never thought i would get here first.... so many other good posters were well ahead of me, this mile stone should have been one of theirs. In a way, the 10k is a bit bittersweet becasue of the people who should have been here before me....but i am very glad the wait of getting here is finally over!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Congratulations syrenn,

And thanks also, for the hat tip, so to speak, of my achievements here. Just like you to be so charitable.

I have documented, a PM from a poster, asking me if I knew I had the highest reps to post percentage of anyone on the board, 16.6. :confused: I had been here one year and 3 months and had 3000 posts with 500 reps. That was the first time I ever noticed how reps were calculated and what it all meant. Meaning I was receiving 16.6 reps for every post I made. :eek:

As you said that was in the days when the highest poster, Echo Zulu had 800 reps, and 8 reps to post percentage. CG and boedicca had 5 or 6 reps to posts, and the rest much less, down to 1 or 2. Someone had started a thread about it all and most everyone that cared, posted their counts. The thread asked: How many reps for people with over 500 posts." ( paraphrasing )

boedicca left USMB for almost a year, it seems and I am so glad she has returned.

Now, me, after having opted out of reps for 7 months, then, back in two months ago, I have 7217 reps with 7598 posts, which gives me 94.98 reps per post percentage. That is only the highest on board of anyone over 1000 posts. Newbs can often have high reps with low posts, because our high reps are what we are bestowing upon the worthiest ones. :) As well as the longer-term posters....:D And they, us.

You have run a most successful business, within a business, and have earned your prize, by treating everyone that comes into the Tavern with respect and individual attention, and that makes them feel important, because they are, to you. You have earned, not begged or encouraged, rep threads and have succeeded on merit alone. In any business, virtual or otherwise, a customer likes to know the owner sees them in their business, because they want the owner to know they are patronizing them. The owner appreciates the patronage, and makes all who grace their doors, feel important by using various methods.

So let us celebrate your success, as I tried to do last night, in the Tavern before I had to log off and get up early for work this morning. I knew I would miss the fun.

You said something at the end of your announcement, that I have long felt, because I had a mother who told me, many times, "what good is having money if you aren't helping someone with it."

You said," "And what are reps for....but to give away!" And I agree and I do. So onward and upward and "hooray" for The Tavern and it's savvy and generous, beautiful and sexy, BARKEEP!!!! :cheers2: :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance:

My rep to post ratio sucks....:(

Oh well...

No worries Lumpy. When you get a little more rep you can post with your tits hanging out.
Woot Woot !

10K baby!

Used to run them frequently during through grad school days. Got pretty good too...38 minutes, 42 seconds was my best time. Not world class, but good for an amateur.

Oh wait...wrong 10k.

Congrats!

I remember that. Everyone was wondering if EZ was going to break the board hitting 1,000 points. That didn't happen, of course. And now it didn't happen with you hitting 10,000 points.

Maybe 100,000 points is the breaking point? :dunno:

I know...wasn't that fun when she hit 1000??!!??? She was just dancing with joy about it. Do you remember what the rep was that ravi gave out to cause the meltdown... was it 200 points?

She had 350 points, so her negs would have been -175.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/91560-ravi-neg-reps-me-for-the-3rd-time-today.html

:eek:

:lol:

ok that is funny as hell

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWtUVDG5M1w]Sally Field - You Like Me, You Really, Really, Like Me - YouTube[/ame]

10K baby!

Used to run them frequently during through grad school days. Got pretty good too...38 minutes, 42 seconds was my best time. Not world class, but good for an amateur.

Oh wait...wrong 10k.

Congrats!

38 min and change for a ten k is flying. I ran them just because but my average was about an hour. And that was on the treadmill.

Top runners can do them in 30 minutes. I can't even imagine.

Forum List

Back