10 of 32 terrorists at Beslan were Arab nationals with Al Qaida ties

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Monday, September 6, 2004
MOSCOW – Russian investigators said Arab operatives linked to Al Qaida played a major role in the takeover of a Russian school in which 400 people were killed.

Russian officials said authorities have determined that 10 of the 32 suicide attackers who took over a high school in Beslan in North Ossetia last week were nationals from several Arab countries. Most of the attackers were Chechens and Ingush who had been trained at Al Qaida camps in Afghanistan.

The 10 Arab nationals came from Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Syria, officials said. They said security forces seized notebooks in Arabic in the school taken over by insurgents. Officials said survivors told authorities that some of the captors spoke Arabic during the three-day hostage ordeal.

All of the captors were said to have been killed, but three accomplices were arrested, Middle East Newsline reported.

The Arab nationals were said to have been recruited in the Middle East and hosted by Shamil Basayev, head of the Chechen insurgency and aligned with Al Qaida.

Full Story

I realize that there are people who would want to portary the recent terrorist attacks in Russia as a local Chechen/Russia problem. But with the fact that Al Qaida trained Arabs involved with the school inncident, such a misguided portrale can not be true.

I heard on FOX, but haven't seen a "written" story on it yet, that some of the Chechens, when they found out that children were going to be involved, didn't want to go forth with the plan AFTER they arrived at the school and that the ARABS of the group executed them in the school.

Wade, if this about Chechen freedom, then why are the ARABS calling the shots?

SCHOOL TERRORISTS GOT ORDERS FROM ABROAD: PUTIN'S ADVISER

MOSCOW, September 6 (RIA Novosti) - Terrorists who seized a school in North Ossetia's Beslan, September 1, were receiving orders from abroad throughout the three suspense-laden days, says Aslanbek Aslakhanov, President Vladimir Putin's adviser for North Caucasian affairs.

"The men had their conversations not within Russia but with other countries. They were led on a leash. Our self-styled friends have been working for several decades, I deem, to dismember Russia. They are doing a huge, really titanic job. It's clear as daylight that those people are coming up as puppeteers and are financing terror," he said to the Rossia television company, national Channel Two, tonight.

Though the bandits named certain people they wanted to see as negotiators, and Mr. Aslakhanov was among them, he is sure the terrorist gang really did not mean whatever contacts.

Aslanbek Aslakhanov, a Chechen, was on the site throughout the tragedy, and contacted the gang on the telephone. "The men were certainly not Chechens. When I spoke Chechen with them, they said they couldn't make out a word. 'Speak Russian,' they told me. Well, I did as they wished, though I speak Russian with a Caucasian accent," he said in his TV interview.

link

The Russian people are now very concerned of course about their safety and protection. Obviously they know the Islamo-fascist connections as well as we do. I heard on one one channel some Russian citizen in the bloody aftermath translated as saying that the Americans are doing the right thing. Looks like we got some admiration and support over there.

They also know that you can't talk with these murdering scumballs, you hunt them down and shoot them. :firing:

Forum List

Back