"10 Excellent Reasons Not To Join The Military" by mother Sheehan

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
OH MY GOODNESS :tinfoil: :cuckoo:

THE 10 REASONS

You May Be Killed:

By Cindy Sheehan

Cindy Sheehan's son, Casey, was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004. In this chapter she chronicles every parent's worst nightmare -- outliving a child. To spare any more parents her grief Cindy demands that the US withdraw from Iraq immediately.

"Don't join the military. The recruiters lie. They never tell you that you may die and put your mom in hell."
http://www.10reasonsbook.com/killed.htm

You May Kill Others Who Do Not Deserve to Die:

By Paul Rockwell

While the Iraq war may have been sold as some deranged humanitarian mission to help the Iraqis, Paul Rockwell interviews soldiers who committed or witnessed acts of murder and torture against civilians.

"They opened fire on the prisoners with machine guns," Iraq war veteran Aidan Delgado told Paul Rockwell, of a protest at Abu Ghraib prison where he was stationed. "They shot twelve and killed three. I talked to one guy who did the killing. He showed me grisly photographs and bragged about the results ... I was stunned and said, 'You shot an unarmed man behind barbed wire for throwing a stone.' He said to me, 'Well, I said a prayer, and I gunned him down' ... He was the nicest guy, a family man, a courteous devout Christian."

You May Be Injured

By Robert Acosta and Nina Berman

Nina Berman traveled the country photographing and interviewing soldiers who had been injured in Iraq. Photos like Berman's don't show up in Army pamphlets.

One of the soldiers she met was Robert Acosta, who had his arm blown off when he went to buy sodas in Iraq. Since Robert's return home he has become an antiwar activist and travels the country speaking.

"I met one soldier who was living alone in a trailer, completely blind, without a leg, shrapnel wounds covering his body. He has no parents to take care of him and spends his days with young kids who ride around in circles on ATVs on a dead-end road in one of the poorest counties in the state. On the anniversary of his injury, he was found wandering at night through the woods in what local news reports said was an apparent suicide attempt. Do you think the army recruiting commercial that seduced this soldier into joining ever mentioned anything about blindness, amputation, or brain damage?"

You May Not Receive Proper Medical Care

You May Suffer Long-term Health Problems

You May Be Lied To

You May Face Discrimination

You May Be Asked to Do Things Against Your Beliefs:

By Elizabeth Weill-Greenberg

A majority of Americans say the Iraq war was a mistake and more and more people are demanding the US immediately withdraw troops. But deployed soldiers must fight no matter what their personal beliefs -- or risk imprisonment. What's so honorable about participating in something you know is wrong?

"Shortly after Chas joined, he realized the army was not the noble profession he had imagined. He found that the military was about dehumanization of the enemy and the soldiers themselves. Chas explained that this process started in boot camp with 'sick, twisted' drills, like Sniper Wonderland:

'See the little girl with the puppy; Lock and load a hollow pointed round ... Take the shot and maybe if you're lucky; You'll watch their lifeless bodies hit the ground ...'

'You're singing these things and you know they're wrong,' Chas said. 'But if you don't say it, you'll catch so much hell. You're scared to death and you have to say it.'"

You May Find It Difficult to Leave the Military

You Have Other Choices

What a steaming load of :nine:
I added my own comments about the book, next to the picture of hers.

You are respected by all

You defend the rights of Cindy "Bitch" Sheehan to complain

You get to kill ragheads

You actually do things other than sit in a a cubicle and complain

You are a part of something large and honorable

You instate a sense of strong discipline and espirit de corps that lasts forever

It gets under Cindy "Bitch" Sheehan's skin and there's nothing she can do about it

You get to see the world, and get paid for it

People look at you and say, "Man, I should have joined the military"

You get education and training for free that is very competitive in the civilian job market.

Semper Fi said:

This is the only one that made me laugh... There are times in the military when complaining in all that you do! (The more radical and foul-mouthed the better).

Semper Fi said:
You are respected by all

You defend the rights of Cindy "Bitch" Sheehan to complain

You get to kill ragheads

You are a part of something large and honorable

You instate a sense of strong discipline and espirit de corps that lasts forever

It gets under Cindy "Bitch" Sheehan's skin and there's nothing she can do about it

You get to see the world, and get paid for it

People look at you and say, "Man, I should have joined the military"

You get education and training for free that is very competitive in the civilian job market.

and...chicks dig guys with battle wounds/scars! well, many i know do anyway...

Nuc said:
If this broad had told her son not to join they would have been better off. Didn't know soldiers die? Gimme a break!
The saddest thing of all, Casey didn't regret his service from any credible source. She has destroyed her remaining family, whether from grief or desire for fame. Either way, truly sad.

Kathianne said:
The saddest thing of all, Casey didn't regret his service from any credible source. She has destroyed her remaining family, whether from grief or desire for fame. Either way, truly sad.

Has Bush talked with her yet? Is she still camping at his ranch? If both answers are no, then she can wave bye bye to that Most Trustworthy Person award.

Kathianne said:

I agree Kat, Casey was honorable. It is sad to see his mother be so dishonest. I personally have a lot of distaste for this woman... :mad:

mom4 said:
Heck, no need to get wounded... the uniforms do it for me! :D

:hitit: :salute:

oh yeah... i wish there was a 'drooling' smilie/emoticon...

when i was in HS, our marching band took a trip to DC to play in the 4th of July celebratoins, and we got to meet the Marine Corps marching band and play the National Anthem with them at Iwo Jima... they were all SO FREAKIN' HOT...if I wasn't only 16 when we went, I would have asked one of them (ok, fine, at least half of them) for their number... :tng: I did try to get a pic of me with a few of them, but my camera jammed a few hours earlier and some pics didn't turn out, including that one...I was so sad when that one came back all weird from processing.

fuzzykitten99 said:
oh yeah... i wish there was a 'drooling' smilie/emoticon...

when i was in HS, our marching band took a trip to DC to play in the 4th of July celebratoins, and we got to meet the Marine Corps marching band and play the National Anthem with them at Iwo Jima... they were all SO FREAKIN' HOT...if I wasn't only 16 when we went, I would have asked one of them (ok, fine, at least half of them) for their number... :tng: I did try to get a pic of me with a few of them, but my camera jammed a few hours earlier and some pics didn't turn out, including that one...I was so sad when that one came back all weird from processing.
Oooohhh yeah! That's what I'm talkin about! ;)

You know... I think my husband has the jacket from his brother's Desert Storm fatigues in our closet. Hmmm... :D

Forum List

Back