$0 Tip By Black Diners; Leave Scathing Note To Hard Working Waitress

As a 20 something, fresh out of college...I made a lot of money waiting tables...and I sucked at it.
I remember...I avoided tables (if I could) if it were black college kids.

I never did. I would make the effort to show them that I thought that they were OK with me.
Yeah...but I am an asshole. I see no point in trying if the end result is effort without reward.

I am too, but I really like people. I even like the grumpy ones!
That is the difference...I don't really like people unless they have something to offer me.

As a 20 something, fresh out of college...I made a lot of money waiting tables...and I sucked at it.

I never did. I would make the effort to show them that I thought that they were OK with me.
Yeah...but I am an asshole. I see no point in trying if the end result is effort without reward.

That is the difference...I don't really like people unless they have something to offer me.
Youd be surprised by how much you get by turning that around and offering yourself. I get more sales for my business just being a person that talks and helps anyone regardless of what they can do for me.

Youd be surprised by how much you get by turning that around and offering yourself. I get more sales for my business just being a person that talks and helps anyone regardless of what they can do for me.
Lemme tell ya...until I switched careers, I was in sales (and quite good at it). Fake nice isn't me...it turned me into a drunk. Being nice to assholes makes my entire body ache.

Since a lot of Black college kids have little money that was a smart move for you.

The college crowd was my favorite. I would give those kids free soup and salads when they were poor.

We were like family.
So you were a thief. Making extra $ off the company dime.
And poaching customers from other wait staff.
My favorite was always the servers that would transfer drinks from ticket to ticket so they could get that extra tip

Lemme tell ya...until I switched careers, I was in sales (and quite good at it). Fake nice isn't me...it turned me into a drunk. Being nice to assholes makes my entire body ache.
:laugh:

Once they turn into assholes I walk away.

Like I said, I worked at Denny's and was appalled at how black family's were allowed to stand unnoticed up front with no one trying to help them. They were people -- not tips.
Since a lot of Black college kids have little money that was a smart move for you.
Are you kidding me....Hampton University kids are some of the richest out there. Serving was PT, I sold real estate as my FT job...my biggest clients were HU parents buying condos for their spoiled little shits. Got that hook-up while working at the restaurant.
I did the same for my daughter but she had to work for her own money. I always correct my kids when they "we're" rich. I say no but "I" do have a lot of money. You just live here.

Liar, what you said to your kids was "I aint your daddy, prove it "
I must have touched a sore spot for you?

Are you kidding me....Hampton University kids are some of the richest out there. Serving was PT, I sold real estate as my FT job...my biggest clients were HU parents buying condos for their spoiled little shits. Got that hook-up while working at the restaurant.
I did the same for my daughter but she had to work for her own money. I always correct my kids when they "we're" rich. I say no but "I" do have a lot of money. You just live here.

That is not even funny. You should be reported for that nonsense.

Reported for what? There was no rule violation

That is not even funny. You should be reported for that nonsense.

Reported for what? There was no rule violation
Family talk...but IO forget...resident racists have no rules.

Yes, you admitted you were black...therefore it is impossible for you to take care of your kids or be in their life.

Just more of the veiled racism encouraged on this forum. You really should report him...I realize nothing will be done...but you definitely should report him.

Valentine's Day weekend; while very busy, tends to bring out some of the worst tippers of the year. I say this a person that worked in the hospitality industry for over a decade.

Maybe you should move to Manilla where the people are wonderful and tip like queer "journalists".

Manila, right in the heart of Latin America, right genius?

Yes, you admitted you were black...therefore it is impossible for you to take care of your kids or be in their life.

Just more of the veiled racism encouraged on this forum. You really should report him...I realize nothing will be done...but you definitely should report him.
Stupidbear is just a cave chimp. You have to excuse him.

I didn't infer anything of the sort. The inference was all on your part.

What you did is say black people are bad tippers.

What I said was that when you as a server come to the table with that belief you are not going to treat them in a manner deserving of a tip.

Doesn't matter what color they are, except in your mind, because you've pre-judged them as a group.

^^^ More moronic balderdash. Pre-judging them would have meant an even smaller tip. If anything, they required special favors and special attention, which I readily provided.

You were projecting the erroneous assumption that I would ever treat anyone better than anyone else -- for any reason. Not when I'm at work.

I've gone above and beyond, you have to offer that tag to someone else, I don't deserve it. Sorry about your boo-boo hurt feelings.
LOL! Now black people need special favors and special attention. You should find a shovel.

Here is a survey that backs me up.

In restaurants African Americans still face discrimination study says - JSOnline
Let me catch a hint of discrimination and not only will they not get a tip, I will run them in circles and try to get my money back.
Yes, and I imagine many white people think the same about black wait staff.

I wonder, overall, if white people tip black people well?

I also wonder why Mad Crabbie didn't use his cab driving experience to discuss the comparative tipping of other races.

;)
I didn't infer anything of the sort. The inference was all on your part.

What you did is say black people are bad tippers.

What I said was that when you as a server come to the table with that belief you are not going to treat them in a manner deserving of a tip.

Doesn't matter what color they are, except in your mind, because you've pre-judged them as a group.

^^^ More moronic balderdash. Pre-judging them would have meant an even smaller tip. If anything, they required special favors and special attention, which I readily provided.

You were projecting the erroneous assumption that I would ever treat anyone better than anyone else -- for any reason. Not when I'm at work.

I've gone above and beyond, you have to offer that tag to someone else, I don't deserve it. Sorry about your boo-boo hurt feelings.
LOL! Now black people need special favors and special attention. You should find a shovel.

Here is a survey that backs me up.

In restaurants African Americans still face discrimination study says - JSOnline
Let me catch a hint of discrimination and not only will they not get a tip, I will run them in circles and try to get my money back.
Yes, and I imagine many white people think the same about black wait staff.

I wonder, overall, if white people tip black people well?

I also wonder why Mad Crabbie didn't use his cab driving experience to discuss the comparative tipping of other races.

;)
I am a Southern white woman. I tip based on the service, it has nothing to do with race. Generally 20% at a full service restaurant and 10 to 15% at a buffet, where you are usually served drinks and refills.

You're actually gonna construct a blanket statement about an entire race based on somebody's anonymous message board post?

Oh well - after reading the bogus quotes in your sigline I understand veracity is not quite what you're going for.

owning a restaurant myself, it's a fact wait staff HATE waiting on blacks because they are as a group TERRIBLE tippers.

agreed; not only that- they ARE cheap but it goes DEEPER than that. It's their only chance to get back at "whitey"... and to feel superior in some small twisted way. They get off on it. TRUTH.

Dude, Asclepias is white, and full of shit. Ask him about the time he fought 9 guys at once, put 6 of them in the hospital and wasn't even scratched

Dude, Asclepias is white, and full of shit. Ask him about the time he fought 9 guys at once, put 6 of them in the hospital and wasn't even scratched
I am just saying the rules don't apply to your ilk. Racists don't have to abide by the rules. I have been banned for much less...without a report when it comes to the family thing.

Forum List

Back