Zone1 Weather here just sucks...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I have lived in Southern Indiana all of my life.
Southern Indiana weather is VERY different than northern Indiana. Especially winters.
Winter here is gray/wet. Most here call it "the mud season". It certainly gets cold here, but rarely stays cold. When it snows, usually all of the snow melts within 24-48 hours. It is just wet, muddy and gray.
Spring here is a wild struggle between winter and the coming summer. It is not uncommon to reach 70 degrees by late February. And then 48 hours later be 20 degrees. Temperatures take wild swings beginning in late Feb, all the way through mid April.
Only by May does it calm down.
Summers are hot and humid. By August it is nothing to break the 90s with dew points above 60. Pea soup. Suffocating.

We are less than 5 years now from retiring... I constantly struggle between stay here where family is... or finish out our lives the hell out of this weather abyss.

Welcome to Virginia!

There's a reason the armies stayed in winter camps till about this time of year during the Civil War. They would churn the roads into mud in short order.

The last two days here have been rainy with temps in the mid-50s.

Well at least the soggy weekend has kept the faux Biker-Bobs/Harley Fags out of NOtVA away from my AO. ;)

Welcome to Virginia!

There's a reason the armies stayed in winter camps till about this time of year during the Civil War. They would churn the roads into mud in short order.

Well at least the soggy weekend has kept the faux Biker-Bobs/Harley Fags out of NOtVA away from my AO. ;)

My wife (Bonzi) is from Virginia.
She says the weather here is far worse. In Virginia you guys still get quite a bit of snow.
Warrenton, VA - average 20 inches of snow.
Average snowfall here is 12 inches. Almost half.
She will also say that the humidity here is much worse.

She says the weather here is far worse. In Virginia you guys still get quite a bit of snow.
LOL....I was looking to move to western Ohio up around the lakes and was surprised to find out that they had less average snowfall than I did here in the Valley.

LOL....I was looking to move to western Ohio up around the lakes and was surprised to find out that they had less average snowfall than I did here in the Valley.
We get very little snow.
When Bonzi moved here, she couldn't believe how little snow we get. Nor could she believe how much the temperature fluctuates in the winter. A 5 inch snow is a big deal here. But it melts off almost immediately.

85 degrees here in Florida, where beaches are open for fun.

miami girls.jpg

Here in East Texas, we have very mild winters. We get cold snaps that last only a few days and little to no snow. Lots of rain. Summer time is a lot different.. very hot and humid. Last year we had many consecutive days of 100F+ temperatures.

We moved from Kentucky near Louisville in 2022 .. so completely understand the fun weather the Ohio Valley has to offer iamwhatiseem

Welcome to Virginia!

The last one is awesome! HAHA.
We get that here also, the annual "Boogie" is just barely south of me.
Although, it's numbers have SERIOUSLY dwindled in the past 20 years. In the 2000s... it was Harley central for 2 weeks. Now... just enough to be annoying like this cartoon.

I have lived in Southern Indiana all of my life.
Southern Indiana weather is VERY different than northern Indiana. Especially winters.
Winter here is gray/wet. Most here call it "the mud season". It certainly gets cold here, but rarely stays cold. When it snows, usually all of the snow melts within 24-48 hours. It is just wet, muddy and gray.
Spring here is a wild struggle between winter and the coming summer. It is not uncommon to reach 70 degrees by late February. And then 48 hours later be 20 degrees. Temperatures take wild swings beginning in late Feb, all the way through mid April.
Only by May does it calm down.
Summers are hot and humid. By August it is nothing to break the 90s with dew points above 60. Pea soup. Suffocating.

We are less than 5 years now from retiring... I constantly struggle between stay here where family is... or finish out our lives the hell out of this weather abyss.
Consider Arizona and Nevada.

Forum List

Back