Upside-down US flag flew at home of Justice Samuel Alito after 2020 election

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
1715913922111.png

An upside-down American flag – a symbol used by some supporters of former President Donald Trump who challenged the legitimacy of Joe Biden’s 2020 victory – hung outside the home of Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito after the election, The New York Times reported Thursday.

The revelation is almost certain to prompt calls for Alito, a member of the court’s conservative wing, to recuse himself from several high-profile cases pending before the court this year involving the election and subsequent attack on the US Capitol, including the blockbuster question of whether Trump may claim immunity from federal election subversion charges.

The Times published a photo of the inverted flag, which it said was seen at the justice’s home in Alexandria, Virginia, on January 17, 2021.

A spokeswoman for the Supreme Court did not immediately respond to a request for comment from CNN, which has not independently verified the flag’s use.

“I had no involvement whatsoever in the flying of the flag,” Alito said in an emailed statement to the Times. “It was briefly placed by Mrs. Alito in response to a neighbor’s use of objectionable and personally insulting language on yard signs.”

The upside-down flag became a symbol of the “Stop the Steal” movement in the weeks and months following the election, in which Trump’s supporters falsely claimed that Biden’s win was illegitimate due to widespread fraud. The inverted flag was widely seen during the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.

The Times said it was not clear how long the flag flew outside of Alito’s home.

More at the link below...

New York Times: Upside-down US flag flew at home of Justice Samuel Alito after 2020 election

Shame on Alito! Should Congress impose meaningful ethics enforcement on a court that refuses to police itself? I think so! What do you think?

View attachment 947853

An upside-down American flag – a symbol used by some supporters of former President Donald Trump who challenged the legitimacy of Joe Biden’s 2020 victory – hung outside the home of Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito after the election, The New York Times reported Thursday.

The revelation is almost certain to prompt calls for Alito, a member of the court’s conservative wing, to recuse himself from several high-profile cases pending before the court this year involving the election and subsequent attack on the US Capitol, including the blockbuster question of whether Trump may claim immunity from federal election subversion charges.

The Times published a photo of the inverted flag, which it said was seen at the justice’s home in Alexandria, Virginia, on January 17, 2021.

A spokeswoman for the Supreme Court did not immediately respond to a request for comment from CNN, which has not independently verified the flag’s use.

“I had no involvement whatsoever in the flying of the flag,” Alito said in an emailed statement to the Times. “It was briefly placed by Mrs. Alito in response to a neighbor’s use of objectionable and personally insulting language on yard signs.”

The upside-down flag became a symbol of the “Stop the Steal” movement in the weeks and months following the election, in which Trump’s supporters falsely claimed that Biden’s win was illegitimate due to widespread fraud. The inverted flag was widely seen during the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.

Shame on Alito! Should Congress impose meaningful ethics enforcement on a court that steadfastly refuses to police itself? I think so! What do you think?
You gotta know a healthy percentage of citizens will not lift a finger to help other citizens in distress anymore. increasing for decades. This is a generalized statement. It is so obvious in Prog areas, and no one says a word about it. Only the steal can cause this. The steal is something going on for decades. People just woke up to it in recent years. Even without considering this, citizens have an issue with authoritarians and others who humiliate them.

View attachment 947853

New York Times: Upside-down US flag flew at home of Justice Samuel Alito after 2020 election

Shame on Alito! Should Congress impose meaningful ethics enforcement on a court that refuses to police itself? I think so! What do you think?
Alito is a true patriot !

View attachment 947853

Shame on Congress for not investigating the election.

"Justice Alito, in a statement to The New York Times, denied any personal involvement with the flying of the flag, attributing it to his wife, Martha-Ann Alito.

According to Alito, the flag was a reaction to provocative and insulting yard signs posted by neighbors, rather than a political statement.

“I had no involvement whatsoever in the flying of the flag,” Alito told the Times. “It was briefly placed by Mrs. Alito in response to a neighbor’s use of objectionable and personally insulting language on yard signs.”

I like Justice Alito!:up:

Alito is a true patriot !

"Justice Alito, in a statement to The New York Times, denied any personal involvement with the flying of the flag, attributing it to his wife, Martha-Ann Alito.

According to Alito, the flag was a reaction to provocative and insulting yard signs posted by neighbors, rather than a political statement.

“I had no involvement whatsoever in the flying of the flag,” Alito told the Times. “It was briefly placed by Mrs. Alito in response to a neighbor’s use of objectionable and personally insulting language on yard signs.”

I like Justice Alito!:up:
I'm sure that Alito is a genuine Constitutional American.
I see no reason to believe he was a part of this, and totally see how he could be the victim.
I have ZERO reasons to doubt the WORD of Justice Alito.

It had nothing to do with Trump. Not everything begins and ends with Trump. It's an obsession with you guys. Like Trump is master of the universe.

Trump is dangerous. Trump doesn't know he's dangerous, mostly because Trump doesn't understand anything about politics. He goes in like a bull in a china shop and he doesn't care what damage he does. As long as his ego gets massaged.

Trump is dangerous. Trump doesn't know he's dangerous, mostly because Trump doesn't understand anything about politics. He goes in like a bull in a china shop and he doesn't care what damage he does. As long as his ego gets massaged.
Gaslighting from the demented LEFT.
THAT'S what is "dangerous".
That's what the above post IS.
🙄

Forum List

Back