Univ of Georgia football coach to be paid $13 M a year! Amateur sport???

But we do not have that, so I agree Hiker

all sports must be illegal. It is stupid to pay sports people anything.
all music must be illegal, It is stupid to pay people to make music
all video games must be illegal, it is stupid to pay people to make games
all movies and acting must be stopped

Since I never said any of that....can you tell me why you are making stuff up to argue against.

I said it was out of control.

I am not supporting it. I never said it was, or should be, illegal.

Last time I went to McDonalds, I had to repeat my order 3 times in the speaker, and then 1 more time when I paid. Some people are overpaid.

A home should be cheap, dirt cheap, a simple place to sleep, eat, shower, and shit. They should almost be giving studio apartments away in big cities and next to industrial centers. Apartments a high school graduate with a job can buy!

But we do not have that, so I agree Hiker

all sports must be illegal. It is stupid to pay sports people anything.
all music must be illegal, It is stupid to pay people to make music
all video games must be illegal, it is stupid to pay people to make games
all movies and acting must be stopped

First they came after the rich and I did not say anything
Then they came after sports and I did nothing
They destroyed the republicans, yes!
Then they came for old white men and I cheered
Then they destroyed the statues, I did not care
They destroyed the churches, I never went
Then I heard a knock on my door
:lame2:

Since I never said any of that....can you tell me why you are making stuff up to argue against.

I am not supporting it. I never said it was, or should be, illegal.
I can not understand anybody saying a person should not make what they are paid
You said college coaches should not make $13 million
I was not making stuff up as if you said what I wrote
I quoted an old poem, of a guy who said nothing when they came for this person, then that person, then another, until they knocked on his door.

Okay, you do not like football and they should not be paid good. Why should any sport pay good. Then we dont have any sport. Anything else you dont like that gets paid too much? Someone things rappers should not get paid millions, lets go after them. People who make millions building a successful company, democrats post in these threads all the time that they should not make the money they do, get rid of them.

I dont want to live in a world where there are no rich people. I dont want to live in a world where democrats are always demanding the top makes less and the bottom makes more, while the democrats eat cake, and give us all crumbs.

That is why I do not like you comment

You said college coaches should not make $13 million

You probably would not hear me say someone should not be making a certain amount of money.

If I were a Georgia fan, I would be an ex-fan. Not because of the coach, but because of where this has gone in general.

You probably would not hear me say someone should not be making a certain amount of money.

If I were a Georgia fan, I would be an ex-fan. Not because of the coach, but because of where this has gone in general.
If the coach can not make ten million, then that means the advertising is not making money. If the advertising makes no money, the games are not televised. If the games are not televised I will never see one.

Now you killed college football, no college football the NFL is next.
Then we need to look at college baseball

take away everyone's money, why just college coaches

the best college coach will make the best players, but then other players have to compete, if they dont have to compete to be on the best coaches team, then they wont be their best

I get it, but I do not think you do

A world where the best, do not deserve or get to be paid the best.

Most of a head coaches salary, at a big name school, comes from endorsements, boosters and the like.

I have always loved college football more than the NFL. Yes, there is big money in some spots. But the bulk of any team will be guys who will never play a snap in the pros.

I remember the hoopla involved when Nick Saban was first hired at the UA. $4 million for a coach? Outrageous!

I also remember reading that the UA had taken in $32 million in merchandising by the 8th game of the season.

That's what the players are told anyway. It's an amateur sport so we can't pay you anything. You get a scholarship only.

Those players are doing it because they get a chance at a HUGE opportunity later on.

In soccer in the Europe young players can, in some countries, earn huge amounts of money, and a lot of them don't then make it because they think they've already made it

a scholarship is more than enough payment and a lot of perks come with that other students dont get,,,

and this couch isnt worth it,,

I hear it can cost more to go to a college game than a pro game for non students,,
Sounds like your broke ass can't afford either.

Forum List

Back