They are busting Trump rght now in court

Well he won the election and hid a story that could have yielded different results so personal gain in obvious. There is no doubt the payment was made and then covered up. So the only thing left is showing a directive by Trump. They shown that he was intimately involved with financial decisions with his business but have not tied him directly to hiding these funds.

My guess is that they are relying on Cohens testimony which is a weak case legally speaking. Practically speaking I think we all know that Trump slept with Stormy, continues to lie about it, paid to cover it up, and was well aware of everything that was being done.

But whether that gets proven in court is a different story. Personally I do think he did what he’s being accused of but also think the case is weak and very overblown. I don’t think it warrants jail time.
There was testimony by Hope Hicks that what Trump was really worried about was Melania finding out about Stormy Daniels. That has zero to do with the election. Which blows Bragg's case right out of the water!

The trial can happen as soon as anybody files a lawsuit. The reason nobody has is because they need actual facts and evidence. Not dishonest talking points like you use. The fact that there is no trial should tell you that your intel is flawed.
You need a DOJ that will actually bring a charge against a Biden first! You think Merrick Garland is going to indict Hunter Biden, James Biden or Joe Biden? Have you not been paying attention the past three and a half years?

There was testimony by Hope Hicks that what Trump was really worried about was Melania finding out about Stormy Daniels. That has zero to do with the election. Which blows Bragg's case right out of the water!
It’s a case for the defense to make, sure. But it doesn’t blow the case out of the water. There’s plenty of other testimony that shows Trump‘s interest in protecting the campaign and wanting to win.

The federal campaign issue is still a crime and is the element that Bragg is linking to make the action of hiding the funds a felony and not a misdemeanor
I understand, but, the campaign finance violation is not a part of braggs case, it’s simply how Bragg was able to revive the statute of limitations. The fact that Trump may or may not have violated campaign finance laws are a federal issue and have no bearing on braggs case. He is not authorized to prosecute federal crimes. All he has is the falsification of business records in the second degree, with intent to defraud.

That’s all this case is about. There can be no conviction for campaign finance violations in this case.

Wrong. That is absolutely chargeable under the state statute being used.

The are having a trial and everything.
Bragg has no jurisdiction of federal laws. Have you not read all the press about this? Top NY attorneys are saying this is a bad case, various left wing news sites are also saying this.

A state DA has no jurisdiction to prosecute federal crimes. The trial happening now is for a state charge, based on an underlying crime of campaign finance violation, which is only there in order to prop up the state law used in the indictment.

Forum List

Back