The great wages snatch - a real conspiracy against the people with no supporters

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The federal minimum wage has remained $7.25 an hour since July 2009, the longest period in the minimum wage’s history without an increase, and it’s worth 29% less today than 15 years ago.

There is a reason that the likes of bezos and musk fight against unions. Union sites pay considerably more. Thats it. While the bosses fly rockets to nowhere the workers cant keep a roof over their heads.

America is a wealthy nation but too many people are not doing ok. This wage theft is the biggest victory of capital. This is where the crooked donations pay off.

Even worse many chimps will jump on this thread to tell me I am wrong.

America should double the minimum wage. Billionaires are obscenities.

436764201_808900044607917_7978759065361348801_n.jpg

Yet you cant explain how I am wrong. Can you, piss drinker?
Have you looked at the graphs ? It seemed to arrive with Reagan in the US and with Thatcher in the UK.
Over here the main driver was smashing the unions. Thay are still at it. We used to dig coal and make steel. Now we deeliver pizzas for tips.

Have you looked at the graphs ? It seemed to arrive with Reagan in the US and with Thatcher in the UK.
Over here the main driver was smashing the unions. Thay are still at it. We used to dig coal and make steel. Now we deeliver pizzas for tips.
It isnt wage theft. No one is stealing anything from these people. They agree to the wage they will be paid.

Gee, I wonder what else happened right around that same time. Can anyone remember? There was something about cheap foreign goods coming on the market since the manufacturing capabilities of countries were rebuilt after being decimated in WWII. Of course, we could afford high wages and prices in the 1950's and 60's, we were the big dogs making stuff in the world.

Here's a hint for the terminally uninformed. I worked in IT at Circuit City when they were at the top of the market. We were told that it took 40 years for TVs to achieve commodity pricing, ie, hit total rock bottom and show up in Walmart. Guess how long it took DVD players to do the same. 2 years, and you want to complain that we didn't keep prices artificially high enough to pay the high wages American workers demand? If customers demanded American made and paid the higher prices, we'd still have higher wages and manufacturing here.

Gee, I wonder what else happened right around that same time. Can anyone remember? There was something about cheap foreign goods coming on the market since the manufacturing capabilities of countries were rebuilt after being decimated in WWII. Of course, we could afford high wages and prices in the 1950's and 60's, we were the big dogs making stuff in the world.

Here's a hint for the terminally uninformed. I worked in IT at Circuit City when they were at the top of the market. We were told that it took 40 years for TVs to achieve commodity pricing, ie, hit total rock bottom and show up in Walmart. Guess how long it took DVD players to do the same. 2 years, and you want to complain that we didn't keep prices artificially high enough to pay the high wages American workers demand? If customers demanded American made and paid the higher prices, we'd still have higher wages and manufacturing here.
It hasnt affested CEO pay for some reason.

"America should double the minimum wage " said Turdy Tommy in his OP .

It's like blaming a moron for being ignorant .

It hasnt affested CEO pay for some reason.
In a large company, CEO pay is minimal compared to the labor cost of the rest of the employees. Again, Circuit City. In 2005, the CEO raked in about $5million, while there were about 60,000 employees at its peak. If you took ALL the CEO's compensation and distributed it to all the other employees, how much do you think each person would get? <insert math here> The answer? About 83 bucks. That's why CEO pay can go up and down without much impact on the company's bottom line, but increasing labor costs hits a lot harder.

The federal minimum wage has remained $7.25 an hour since July 2009, the longest period in the minimum wage’s history without an increase, and it’s worth 29% less today than 15 years ago.

There is a reason that the likes of bezos and musk fight against unions. Union sites pay considerably more. Thats it. While the bosses fly rockets to nowhere the workers cant keep a roof over their heads.

America is a wealthy nation but too many people are not doing ok. This wage theft is the biggest victory of capital. This is where the crooked donations pay off.

Even worse many chimps will jump on this thread to tell me I am wrong.

America should double the minimum wage. Billionaires are obscenities.

Tommy, inflation is robbery

Forum List

Back