Storm destroys largest floating solar farm...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri

Who didn't see this coming?

Screenshot_20240505-191911-067.png

Who didn't see this coming?

View attachment 942586

These floating solar farms are cropping up pretty much everywhere including here in the United States. They are ugly and take up a lot of room whether on land or water, but they do exist.

At least they aren't using farmland needed for food or cutting down forests to make room for them.

In Massachusetts alone:
". . .Since 2010, more than 500 ground-mount solar projects have been developed across the state, covering 8,000 acres, of which about 60 percent are forest acres, according to the report. This illustrates a terrible irony: Deploying solar often means cutting back on tree cover and losing the climate change mitigation it provides through pulling carbon dioxide from the air, storing the carbon, and releasing oxygen into the atmosphere. . ."

Last edited:
These floating solar farms are cropping up pretty much everywhere including here in the United States. They are ugly and take up a lot of room whether on land or water, but they do exist.

The one in the news story is on a reservoir behind a dam in India. It has the added benefit of reducing evaporation

The one in the news story is on a reservoir behind a dam in India. It has the added benefit of reducing evaporation
Google and other leftist search engines has blocked or submerged all the arguments of how these solar panels/farms as well as wind farms are built with quite non 'green' energy and products, how they are maintained with non 'green' energy and products, and the actual trade off between their construction, maintenance, and the 'green' energy they produce.

And regardless for the defense of that particular solar farm, it is still ugly.

Google and other leftist search engines has blocked or submerged all the arguments of how these solar panels/farms as well as wind farms are built with quite non 'green' energy and products, how they are maintained with non 'green' energy and products, and the actual trade off between their construction, maintenance, and the 'green' energy they produce.

And regardless for the defense of that particular solar farm, it is still ugly.

not as ugly as a power plant

A power plant is pretty much limited to a relatively small area and is rarely ever placed on ground that could be better utilized for something else or where it will spoil the aesthetics of the area.

The water behind the dam was not being used for anything, and this reduces evaporation as well.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

I'm sure they got rich off the grift.
I assumed a solar farm would survive a hail storm without any problems. Hail storms are not unusual events.

Lots of people have solar panels on their roofs. Will they be destroyed in a hail storm? If so, I don’t want solar panels on my roof unless they are warrantied against high wind and hail storms.

I wonder if this is in some way caused by our current “woke” college system.

I take it you have not spent a lot of time in India.
Never been to India though I have a good friend there or did before she passed a few years ago. Have friends and a doctor from India. Are you suggesting that the reservoirs created by dams in India are not used for recreational purposes there?

Forum List

Back