Zone1 "Nothing creates itself"

Teabaggers think God made man in an image of himself.
So...............Why did HE, make a planet, that is 2/3rds WATER?
An environment humans can't live in?
Nor space, which people can't live in.
It literally makes no common sense.
Without help.
Then HE made dinosaurs?
Then HE made Adam and Eve?
Do animals have their own God?

All I'm saying is whatever created this universe, earth included, could survive without the sun.
Why are there so many discrepancies, not mentioned in the "BIBLE"

I recall being in a social setting, not a particularly important party with any esteemed guests but there were a few different characters. The discussion of theology was raised by someone, not a subject I was interested in much at the time though I felt a "presence" occasionally in my life. Had since I was a kid. Anyways, this guy said bluntly that "I (he) am G-d". His arrogance was seeping through, his demeanour more aggressive than his calmer audience.

From time to time when the image of this man arises in my memory, I wonder whatever happened of him. If he altered his view with age and wisdom.

Certainly the thought of how vast this universe is can be daunting. I mean REALLY thinking about it. Perhaps when looking at a clear night sky and the billions of stars, or, just in a fleeting moment when we awaken in the middle of the night and "feel" our mortality. It could all be the bodies mechanisms operating by design. I like to think otherwise.
Actually, I agree with that guest, but with a lower-case "G". Whether we were given a touch of divinity from God or achieved it on our own doesn't really matter. We have an intelligence and understanding that separates us from other animals that we dominate. We are all lesser gods with awesome power. Maybe someday we'll achieve immortality but I'm not sure the theological implications of that.

- all in the heavens are the same in likeness and image, equal unto themselves.
Do you believe we have a soul or not?

physiology itself, all life is a metaphysical substance guided by its unique spiritual content that when removed the physiology will dissipate into the atmosphere ...

whatever happens to the spiritual is anyone's guess without its physiology and may be the primary evolutionary goal for humanity to live more and more as spiritual beings than physical and incorporate reproduction as a spiritual pleasurable experience however that might occur ...

the paradisians as jesus are the repudiation of judaism, the desert religions for the manner of admission to the everlasting for those that prefer that goal to death.

Teabaggers think God made man in an image of himself.
So...............Why did HE, make a planet, that is 2/3rds WATER?
An environment humans can't live in?
Nor space, which people can't live in.
It literally makes no common sense.
Without help.
Then HE made dinosaurs?
Then HE made Adam and Eve?
Do animals have their own God?

All I'm saying is whatever created this universe, earth included, could survive without the sun.
Why are there so many discrepancies, not mentioned in the "BIBLE"
Hm. What is the percentage of water in the composition of the human body?

I understand we are each about 60% water.

Worry about it.
No.
THAT would be the people that believe "God" seemed to make all these wonderful things, and that THEY are the rulers of the earth.
I believe as the Indians do.
Take care of "God's" nature and it will take care of you.

Because nothing means 'no thing' it is not even an assertion (which seeminly you take it to be.)

Your postion is self-contradicting. If I or whatever you see (or the Universe for that matter) is eternal and self-creating then you lose your entire argument that God can't be that too :)
Semantics is not science.

We don't know if the universe is eternal or popped out of nothing. We don't even know what 'nothing' is. Is the quantum foam nothing?

“Nothing” doesn’t exist. Instead, there is “quantum foam”

Nice word salad but it still fails to answer the question of “Who created God”?

If there was a Big Bang, then only God could have caused it

Still not an answer

The question itself shows a total lack of understanding on what God is.

God is not a created being. If God was a created being, then obviously that wouldn't be God, the one who created God would be God. And on and on and on and on.

The buck has to stop somewhere.

God is the uncaused First Cause. Eternal.

This question has been answered tons of times on this site. So either you haven't read those threads, or you're being disingenuous.

Indeed. Sinple but profound.
The various asteroid samples, especially with the most recent samples obtained and brought back, they were found to contain the building blocks of life within them. Once they reached this planet and encountered life-giving water, they combined and ended up with a primordial soup, ripe for creating lifeforms.

Foolish thread.
All things happen eventually, which includes self replicating life from inanimate molecules.
We have seen it happen.
It is a mathematical absolute.
It has to happen, given enough time.
Nothing special about self replicating life.

The question itself shows a total lack of understanding on what God is.

God is not a created being. If God was a created being, then obviously that wouldn't be God, the one who created God would be God. And on and on and on and on.

The buck has to stop somewhere.

God is the uncaused First Cause. Eternal.

This question has been answered tons of times on this site. So either you haven't read those threads, or you're being disingenuous.

Wrong.
Impossible, since all things have to be created.
And obviously there is nothing special about anything.
All things that can happen will naturally happen if given enough time.

Forum List

Back