Israel-Hamas war would 'probably already been over' if Trump were president, Sen. Tom Cotton says

In the fall of 2020 my analysis was that an accelerated withdrawal without meeting specific and necessary conditions risks losing the substantial gains made in Afghanistan, damaging US worldwide credibility, and could precipitate a general collapse of the ANSF and the Afghan government resulting in a complete Taliban takeover or general civil war"

He was 100 percent right....but Xiden ignored the conditions, ignored the military, ignored the agreement, and surrendered.....and we lost all the gains we made, and damaged our credibility worldwide. Why you continue to defend that, is beyond me.
That was advice given to Benedict Donald, before another round of withdrawals below the 8,600 level set by the Doha Accords. Not the Nov. recommendation.

"Based on my advice and the advice of the commanders, then Secretary of Defense, Esper, submitted a memorandum on nine November recommending to maintain US forces at a level between about 2500 and 4500 in Afghanistan until conditions were met for further reduction. Two days later on 11, November, 2020, I received an unclassified signed order directing the United States military to withdraw all forces from Afghanistan no later than 15, January, 2021."

That was advice given to Benedict Donald, before another round of withdrawals below the 8,600 level set by the Doha Accords. Not the Nov. recommendation.

"Based on my advice and the advice of the commanders, then Secretary of Defense, Esper, submitted a memorandum on nine November recommending to maintain US forces at a level between about 2500 and 4500 in Afghanistan until conditions were met for further reduction. Two days later on 11, November, 2020, I received an unclassified signed order directing the United States military to withdraw all forces from Afghanistan no later than 15, January, 2021."
Last I checked Trump keep 2500 there...which was clearly the recommendation.

Xiden was the one that in the middle of the night pulled all our troops out, without warning, letting to damaging our credibility around the world.

Frankly, Xiden's surrender, which damaged our credibility is the but for cause of why Putin decided to invade Ukraine, and Hamas and Iran atacks on Israel.

Terrorist and Putin know, that Xiden will bow to their wishes.

enough already. own it. :(
So you don't care that the terrorist who killed 13 US Troops were allowed to continue to operate out of Kabul even though stopping them was one of the conditions of our withdrawals in 2020?

So you don't care that the terrorist who killed 13 US Troops were allowed to continue to operate out of Kabul even though stopping them was one of the conditions of our withdrawals in 2020?
I care....why did Xiden withdraw all our troops and have to send those thirteen back to die if they were still operating there? Why did Xiden ignore the agreement and surrender?

Xiden was the one that in the middle of the night pulled all our troops out, without warning
He made clear he was reviewing his options and the decision in mid April was announced to the world. The military planners took over from there.

He made clear he was reviewing his options and the decision in mid April was announced to the world. The military planners took over from there.
IT was Xiden decision to surrender, he had an obligation to tell our allies,...he didn't....damaging our credibiilty around the world

Disbelief and betrayal: Europe reacts to Biden’s Afghanistan ‘miscalculation’​

‘This does fundamental damage to the political and moral credibility of the West,’ says senior German lawmaker.

why did Xiden withdraw all our troops and have to send those thirteen back
The military had to redeploy thousand of new troops to effectively evacuate because trump allowed the Taliban to ignore most all the conditions of the Doha accords. Benedict was the one who ordered us down to a bare bone crew months before Biden took office.

The military had to redeploy thousand of new troops to effectively evacuate because trump allowed the Taliban to ignore most all the conditions of the Doha accords. Benedict was the one who ordered us down to a bare bone crew months before Biden took office.
um, Trump had been out of office for months prior to Xiden's surrender...try again.

“I say this with a heavy heart and with horror over what is happening, but the early withdrawal was a serious and far-reaching miscalculation by the current administration,” said Norbert Röttgen, chairman of the German parliament’s foreign relations committee. “This does fundamental damage to the political and moral credibility of the West.”

“Naturally this has damaged American credibility, along with that of the intelligence services and of the military,” said Rüdiger Lentz, the former head of the Aspen Institute in Berlin.

This was only the start, Xiden has continued to damage our credbility, with China, Russia, Iran, Hamas....

I'm pretty sure if Trump was President there would have been no Ukraine/Russia war and no Hamas/Israel war. But Cotton is right. Trump is of the correct opinion that war is to be avoided if there is any other way to reasonably settle conflicts which is why we had the closest thing to world peace any of us have experienced when he was in office. And he is of the correct opinion that if war must be fought, it must be fought with overwhelming force to bring the enemy to unconditional surrender as quickly and finally as possible.
What about Trump would have prevented Putin from invading Ukraine?

What about Trump would have prevented Putin from invading Ukraine?
I believe it was when Trump undid the Obama policy, and started sending Ukraine lethal weapons, not to mention the sanctions Trump put on Putin.

Putin thought Trump was unpredictable, and didn't want to risk war. With Xiden, obviously he knew he was weak, especially after he surrendered to the Taliban, he literally got Xiden to halt the Trump aid to Ukraine, so it was easier to invade.

Despite appeals from Ukraine, Biden admin holds back additional military aid to Kyiv​

IT was Xiden decision to surrender, he had an obligation to tell our allies,...he didn't....damaging our credibiilty around the world

‘This does fundamental damage to the political and moral credibility of the West,’ says senior German lawmaker.
Again, he announced the decision to the world in April. Not August. It's just that they all thought the Warmongers in America would win over Joe and we'd continue their gravy train, with American blood. Note: Germany only lost 62 souls in the Afghan war. We lost nearly 2500.

Again, he announced the decision to the world in April. Not August. It's just that they all thought the Warmongers in America would win over Joe and we'd continue their gravy train, with American blood. Note: Germany only lost 62 souls in the Afghan war. We lost nearly 2500.
August was when he cut and ran without giving any of our allies notice.

Read the link, our allies were betrayed and our credibiity ruined.

um, Trump had been out of office for months prior to Xiden's surrender...try again.

“I say this with a heavy heart and with horror over what is happening, but the early withdrawal was a serious and far-reaching miscalculation by the current administration,” said Norbert Röttgen, chairman of the German parliament’s foreign relations committee. “This does fundamental damage to the political and moral credibility of the West.”

“Naturally this has damaged American credibility, along with that of the intelligence services and of the military,” said Rüdiger Lentz, the former head of the Aspen Institute in Berlin.

This was only the start, Xiden has continued to damage our credbility, with China, Russia, Iran, Hamas....
Doesn't change the fact that Benedict Donald withdrew so many troops nearly unconditionally that they couldn't effectively withdraw without redeploying thousands.

Doesn't change the fact that Benedict Donald withdrew so many troops nearly unconditionally that they couldn't effectively withdraw without redeploying thousands.
HAHAHA effectively withdrew....hahah....in other words, didn't withdraw and in fact at the levels at the recommended 2500 the military wanted.

You dembots live in a alt-reality

No, he lived up to the Doha Accords, you stupid fuck.

(Actually, Chamberlain was the one who went to war, by writing the Polish Colonels a blank check.)
Xiden ignored the accords.
But Biden can go only so far in claiming the agreement boxed him in. It had an escape clause: The U.S. could have withdrawn from the accord if Afghan peace talks failed. They did

Xiden ignored the accords.
There were only two condition left for President Biden. The truce and the removal of the last of our troops. Everything else on our side had been met and most everything on the Taliban side had been ignored throughout 2020.

There were only two condition left for President Biden. The truce and the removal of the last of our troops. Everything else on our side had been met and most everything on the Taliban side had been ignored throughout 2020.
correct, the taliban had not met it's conditions, and xiden ignored it, as well the recommendation of his military.

Of course I do. The Generals told Biden, NO. He did not listen. Biden and those that support him, own it.
Now you own it.

correct, the taliban had not met it's conditions, and xiden ignored it, as well the recommendation of his military.
You're a hoot. Yes, President Biden is responsible for not redeploying tens of thousands of fresh troop to fix the Dirty Dons fuckup and by trying to enforce the Taliban's conditions Benedict Donald allow them to ignore months before. He saved many US service men and women lives. Thank God for President Biden.

Forum List

Back