Zone1 Is the term anti semite still an effective insult ? Mod alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
It used to be a huge slur that put the target on a par with Hitler.

But now it seems to aimed at anybody who has a problem with Israeli policy.

It is even more shockingly used against Jewish people who oppose their govt policy.

Is it used so much as a tool to silence dissent ? Nobody wants to be saddled with that label.

Or has hatred of jews grown so much of late ?

There has always been a home for anti semites on here. EMH is one. Roosevelt is another one. They are surfing this wave. Israel has received a massive assault and reacted to it. They have lost a lot of support by their reaction to it.

The World just wants a peaceful settlement in Palestine. One where people of good faith can live in peace.

Extremists on here have called me an anti semite. It soesnt bother me. I think it says more about them than it does about me. That should worry the extremists. I doubt that ut will.

ARe these young students anti semites ? Or are they reacting to the carnage they see every night ?
These kids are your next leaders.

NB Could the mods keep an eye on this. Ive put it here for a reason.

It is even more shockingly used against Jewish people who oppose their govt policy.

Is it used so much as a tool to silence dissent ? Nobody wants to be saddled with that label.

There has always been a home for anti semites on here. EMH is one. Roosevelt is another one. They are surfing this wave. Israel has received a massive assault and reacted to it. They have lost a lot of support by their reaction to it.

The World just wants a peaceful settlement in Palestine. One where people of good faith can live in peace.

Extremists on here have called me an anti semite. It soesnt bother me. I think it says more about them than it does about me. That should worry the extremists. I doubt that ut will.

ARe these young students anti semites ? Or are they reacting to the carnage they see every night ?

Racism, genocide and antisemitism are all rendered meaningless by idiots.

Those are different things. Reality is more nuanced than you claim.
In America .. if you're pro-Palestine .. then you're anti-Jew. Just like if you are anti-Ukraine, you're pro-Russia. Nuanced .. sure .. but the 3 terms are closely interrelated.

Columbia students are all three (as well as other universities across the United States). "From the river to the sea," clearly identifies the eradication of Jews from Israel.

Columbia students are all three (as well as other universities across the United States). "From the river to the sea," clearly identifies the eradication of Jews from Israel.
I've seen clips of Zionist Israeli's chanting "From the river to the sea" to describe eradicating the Palestinian people. In their quest to acquire even more land and build a Greater Israel.

In America .. if you're pro-Palestine .. then you're anti-Jew. Just like if you are anti-Ukraine, you're pro-Russia. Nuanced .. sure .. but the 3 terms are closely interrelated.

I am seeing Jewish students marching for peace. They arent anti semites . Or are they ?

I've seen clips of Zionist Israeli's chanting "From the river to the sea" to describe eradicating the Palestinian people. In their quest to acquire even more land and build a Greater Israel.
Palestinian people do not exist period!
Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

That's pretty clear, isn't it? It's even more specific than Golda Meir's statement. It reaffirms what I have written on this subject. And it is hardly the only such statement of its kind. Arafat himself made a very definitive and unequivocal statement along these lines as late as 1993. It demonstrates conclusively that the Palestinian nationhood argument is the real strategic deception – one geared to set up the destruction of Israel.

No idea .. are they? A rather silly question given the violent outbreaks we continue to see from the anti-Israel / pro-Hamas groups at universities scattered across the United States.
I domt see any hamas demos. That comment marks you as a partisan commentator.

Palestinian people do not exist period!
Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

That's pretty clear, isn't it? It's even more specific than Golda Meir's statement. It reaffirms what I have written on this subject. And it is hardly the only such statement of its kind. Arafat himself made a very definitive and unequivocal statement along these lines as late as 1993. It demonstrates conclusively that the Palestinian nationhood argument is the real strategic deception – one geared to set up the destruction of Israel.
A comment that marks you as a partisan commentator.

Lewis Farrakhan famously said, "'Anti-Semite' used to mean someone that didn't like Jews, but now it refers to anyone that Jews don't like."

Like "racist" it is a generic slander for which there is no defense. It doesn't have to be proven or justified; it just stands on its own.

OTOH, the current conflagration in the Holy Land has brought out the Anti-Semitism in masses of people who flew under the radar previously, but are Anti-Semites to the core.

One telling aspect of the college demonstrations is the "demands" that are made of Israel that have never been made of any other country in history. Hamas invaded, killed, mutilated, raped, and imprisoned more than a thousand innocent Israeli's, starting this battle, and yet it is demanded of Israel that they cease fire, and lead a campaign to furnish the Gazans with water, food, healthcare, education, and anything else they might want or need.

What other country has been expected to do these things for an antagonist who did such things to it? Nobody. Never. Unthinkable.

But now we are talking about Jews.

Lewis Farrakhan famously said, "'Anti-Semite' used to mean someone that didn't like Jews, but now it refers to anyone that Jews don't like."

Like "racist" it is a generic slander for which there is no defense. It doesn't have to be proven or justified; it just stands on its own.

OTOH, the current conflagration in the Holy Land has brought out the Anti-Semitism in masses of people who flew under the radar previously, but are Anti-Semites to the core.

One telling aspect of the college demonstrations is the "demands" that are made of Israel that have never been made of any other country in history. Hamas invaded, killed, mutilated, raped, and imprisoned more than a thousand innocent Israeli's, starting this battle, and yet it is demanded of Israel that they cease fire, and lead a campaign to furnish the Gazans with water, food, healthcare, education, and anything else they might want or need.

What other country has been expected to do these things for an antagonist who did such things to it? Nobody. Never. Unthinkable.

There are long standing anti semites on this board who are having a party right now.

Linguistically it never was.
Semite refers to an ethnic of Caucasian of the greater Arabia~Middle East region which includes Arabs and others, not just indigenous Jews.

yes.

you're correct on all counts.

that's why I don't give a shit about being called names.

fuck em if they can never take criticism.

farrakhan is based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back