How do you get those plastic gloves on without a nurse assistant?

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
I tried putting on a pair for pulling a pork shoulder, but went through 2 pair before giving up. The TV cops can put on a pair without looking while saying what we got and cracking one liners. Got to be a better way.

They still make those? I will look for some. We had a painter at the house, and the wife asked this young girl if she had any gloves. The girl said no. her boyfriend was latex intolerant, and that's why she had 3 kids. Wife just backed away.

These are XL, maybe I'll get some talcum if that's still available. I may have some talcum by the pool table. The struggle is real.

LOL....I just thought of you....I just finished using a pair while doing an alcohol soak of a old US M1881/96 holster to bring it back to life. I know I've used that pair at least three times already. Still GTG.

18 001 (2).JPG

These are the ones I buy....I get them off eBay.

18 002 (2).JPG

In case you were wondering....

I do an alcohol soak when, like with this holster, it's was as flat as a pancake from storage. Works great on new leather holsters too for a form fit.

If the leather is still supple enough you can soak it to soften it, insert the weapon (wrapped in a bag) and form fit the softened leather around it.

The reason that you use alcohol rather than just warm water is it evaporates 3X faster and also kills any mold or other nastys in old leather. This holster dates from the late Indian War Period.

In a few hours I'll remove the weapon (1873 Colt) and let it finish drying out. Then I'll apply a leather preservative.

I tried putting on a pair for pulling a pork shoulder, but went through 2 pair before giving up. The TV cops can put on a pair without looking while saying what we got and cracking one liners. Got to be a better way.
Try this type for food...

Screenshot_20240507-185756-974.png

Forum List

Back