Guns: New additions to the collection.

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
Dear old dad passed away a few months ago and this weekend my 3 brothers and I drew straws and finally divvied up my father's guns.

Here's the ones that I came home with...

IMG_0226.JPG

In the middle of the veritable arsenal is a Chinese 1982 Norinco Sporter SKS. It came with several dozen clips holding 10 7.62 X 39mm rounds. And multiple boxes of loose ammo. I haven't counted but I'm guessing it's at least 5000 rounds in total.

going clockwise....

At one o'clock in the pic we have a Sig Sauer P239 9mm. My father was a police officer and he said that a lot of cops carry the P239 as an off duty gun or when they are undercover. This gun is made with no sharp edges anywhere. everything is rounded off so that it cannot get snagged on clothing or other fabric. This gun was obviously made for concealed carry. The downside is that it only holds 8 rounds.

The next one is an H.& R. Sportsman single action 9 shot .22 LR. I've never owned either a single action revolver before.

Next is a S&W model 60 5 shot .38 special with a 2 inch barrel. This one came with an ankle holster. I'm wearing it right now. I always thought it would be really uncomfortable to have a revolver strapped to your ankle, but I got used to it really fast. I'm going to be wearing it a lot.

Next to that for comparison is the S&W model 15-4 6 shot .38 special that I inherited from my mother after she passed away in 2019. It's the gun that the Toledo Police Department used as an excuse to fire her. She was a party to a class action dicrimination lawsuit and won. The leadership of the TPD was pissed because they had to hire women police officers and made up a BS excuse to take away her service weapon. Since the police station was located right in the middle of IHateCopsistan it was very dangerous to drive to and from work in uniform unarmed. So she bought that .38 special and carried that to work.

So now I carry my mother's .38 special clipped to my belt and my father's 38 special strapped to my ankle.

And on the top left is a S&W Bodyguard .380. To say this is a very concealable weapon would be an understatement. I can actually conceal it right in the palm of my hand. I can palm it like a playing card in a magic trick. I was really surprised that he had a .380 because he never had anything good to say about .380s. Therefore I strongly suspect that this was one of my late baby sister's guns. My dad would have never bought a .380. He probably kept it for it's sentimental value.

A weird thing about the S&W Bodyguard is that it has a factory built in laser sight. Before this I never knew of any pistol that had a laser built into it. I thought all laser sights were aftermarket.

Last edited:
Dear old dad passed away a few months ago and this weekend my 3 brothers and I drew straws and finally divvied up my father's guns.

Here's the ones that I came home with...

View attachment 943530

In the middle of the veritable arsenal is a Chinese 1982 Norinco Sporter SKS. It came with several dozen clips holding 10 7.62 X 39mm rounds. And multiple boxes of loose ammo. I haven't counted but I'm guessing it's at least 5000 rounds in total.

going clockwise....

At one o'clock in the pic we have a Sig Sauer P239 9mm. My father was a police officer and he said that a lot of cops carry the P239 as an off duty gun or when they are undercover. This gun is made with no sharp edges anywhere. everything is rounded off so that it cannot get snagged on clothing or other fabric. This gun was obviously made for concealed carry. The downside it that it only holds 8 rounds.

The next one is an H.& R. Sportsman single action 9 shot .22 LR. I've never owned either a single action revolver before.

Next is a S&W model 60 5 shot .38 special with a 2 inch barrel. This one came with an ankle holster. I'm wearing it right now. I always thought it would be really uncomfortable to have a revolver strapped to your ankle, but I got used to it really fast. I'm going to be wearing it a lot.

Next to that for comparison is the S&W model 15-4 6 shot .38 special that I inherited from my mother after she passed away in 2019. It's the gun that the Toledo Police Department used as an excuse to fire her. She was a party to a class action dicrimination lawsuit and won. The leadership of the TPD was pissed because they had to hire women police officers and made up a BS excuse to take away her service weapon. Since the police station was located right in the middle of IHateCopsistan it was very dangerous to drive to and from work in uniform unarmed. So she bought that .38 special and carried that to work.

So now I carry my mother's .38 special clipped to my belt and my father's 38 special strapped to my ankle.

And on the top left is a S&W Bodyguard .380. To say this is a very concealable weapon would be an understatement. I can actually conceal it right in the palm of my hand. I can palm it like a playing card in a magic trick. I was really surprised that he had a .380 because he never had anything good to say about .380s. Therefore I strongly suspect that this was one of my late baby sister's guns. My dad would have never bought a .380. He probably kept it for it's sentimental value.

A weird thing about the S&W Bodyguard is that it has a factory built in laser sight. Before this I never knew of any pistol that had a laser built into it. I thought all laser sights were aftermarket.
/——/ Sorry for your loss. My father died when I was 9. He left me his 12 gauge but an ex in law stole it. My MIL had her husbands WWII rifle but her BIL took it after he passed.
Do yourself a favor. Photograph the guns and the serial numbers and put the list somewhere safe, just as insurance.

The S&W 15-4 is the cream of that crop....I bought one of those (well it was a straight Model 15) along with a Colt Detective Special and Colt Cobra in a three-gun deal years ago.

A friend begged me for the Model 15. I traded it for a period correct 1943 Underwood M1 Carbine so I did OK. ;)

You need the pointy-stabby for the SKS. ;)

The S&W 15-4 is the cream of that crop....I bought one of those (well it was a straight Model 15) along with a Colt Detective Special and Colt Cobra in a three-gun deal years ago.

A friend begged me for the Model 15. I traded it for a period correct 1943 Underwood M1 Carbine so I did OK. ;)

You need the pointy-stabby for the SKS. ;)
I'm glad you said something!

It was missing the pointy-stabby but it had all the hardware to mount the pointy-stabby. I went looking for it and found the pointy-stabby in a milk crate full of ancient tangled up computer cables and stuff.

I have saved pointy-stabby from getting tossed away and reunited it with it's rifle.

IMG_0229[1].JPG

I'm glad you said something!

It was missing the pointy-stabby but it had all the hardware to mount the pointy-stabby. I went looking for it and found the pointy-stabby in a milk crate full of ancient tangled up computer cables and stuff.

I have saved pointy-stabby from getting tossed away and reunited it with it's rifle.

View attachment 943618
Great! I also note that you mounted it correctly....Good job. :)

It's not at all uncommon for people to remove the whole assembly but I'd never seen the spike removed and the folding hardware left on the rifle like that.

Forum List

Back