Choices have consequences

Raynine

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2023
I'm back from the gym. I did my daily upper body workouts and they were boring, boring, boring. I know I have to keep doing them because they work. At close to eighty years old I really like naps and I am going to take a short one before I go out on my bike for a 40 mile ride. I have two expensive road bikes and decades of experience riding and racing them. I do the upper body work to compliment the cycling.

I could have gone a different way many years ago and continued smoking, drinking and toking. But I made a choice to go against the grain which made me stronger both in body and mind. I believe that the misfolded proteins in the brains of many people leading to dementia are chemically inflicted like putting sugar in a car's gas tank and they add up over time.

After my catnap I will pump up my bike tires with a hand pump-I run 100 Psi. I will layout my cycling close and shoes, set my bike computer, and head out the door on a nice sunny day.

I made some choices and they have paid off so far.

I'm back from the gym. I did my daily upper body workouts and they were boring, boring, boring. I know I have to keep doing them because they work. At close to eighty years old I really like naps and I am going to take a short one before I go out on my bike for a 40 mile ride. I have two expensive road bikes and decades of experience riding and racing them. I do the upper body work to compliment the cycling.

I could have gone a different way many years ago and continued smoking, drinking and toking. But I made a choice to go against the grain which made me stronger both in body and mind. I believe that the misfolded proteins in the brains of many people leading to dementia are chemically inflicted like putting sugar in a car's gas tank and they add up over time.

After my catnap I will pump up my bike tires with a hand pump-I run 100 Psi. I will layout my cycling close and shoes, set my bike computer, and head out the door on a nice sunny day.

yet death awaits you -- right around the corner. I'd rather spend time enjoying life,, rather than doing things that push crazed chemical reactions in the brain. Genes play a much important part of it all. You to have replaced addictions. LOL albeit healthier ones for poor choices, but...

break a leg

no, not really

just go break a leg

The important aspect of good health is putting it to good use.

you can be anything on the internet.....

Recreational cannabis is decriminalized in your state but not legalized for sale, but I'm sure you wouldn't have to go far to find some cannabis infused gummy bears in a neighboring state, it will take the edge off after a long workout.

You can enjoy the benefits of working out without having to give up also enjoying an occasional drink or a smoke

Not saying you shouldn’t continue quitting them if that’s what you want, just saying they’re not mutually exclusive

Recreational cannabis is decriminalized in your state but not legalized for sale, but I'm sure you wouldn't have to go far to find some cannabis infused gummy bears in a neighboring state, it will take the edge off after a long workout.
Actually the pressure in my eyes is on the high side. I take some drops but they don't do much. I get regular eye checkups and there is no evidence of optic nerve damage but I would like to get that pressure down. I don't rule out cannibis for that.

In 1973 my friends and I all had new motorcycles and we dicided to go on a road trip in the spring. I have always had Raynauds symptoms and my feet were freezing when we stopped at a rest stop. I was considering turning back but we passed around a few joints and in minutes my hands and feet were toasty warm and they stayed that way for the rest of the day.

I know cannibis has medicinal benefits and one of those benefits is lower eye pressure.

Actually the pressure in my eyes is on the high side. I take some drops but they don't do much. I get regular eye checkups and there is no evidence of optic nerve damage but I would like to get that pressure down. I don't rule out cannibis for that.

In 1973 my friends and I all had new motorcycles and we dicided to go on a road trip in the spring. I have always had Raynauds symptoms and my feet were freezing when we stopped at a rest stop. I was considering turning back but we passed around a few joints and in minutes my hands and feet were toasty warm and they stayed that way for the rest of the day.

I know cannibis has medicinal benefits and one of those benefits is lower eye pressure.

When I was in high school in the 80's we had a beloved history teacher who smoked marijuana because of that pressure in his eyes (I thought it was glaucoma, but can't remember).

He was one of my favorite teachers, as history is my favorite subject. It's amazing to me that this had to be all hush-hush 40 years ago, when it should have been celebrated as a natural remedy.

you can be anything on the internet.....
1715101780747.png

You can enjoy the benefits of working out without having to give up also enjoying an occasional drink or a smoke

Not saying you shouldn’t continue quitting them if that’s what you want, just saying they’re not mutually exclusive

Amen!

Forum List

Back