Anti Gunners cite and support a "well regulated militia" until a well regulated militia is formed.

/——/ Stop embarrass yourself and get an education, gun grabber.
The contrast with writings from the 19th century was quite pronounced. Practically all the earlier references I could find had quite a different meaning, inconsistent with that interpretation. The clear meaning of the term (well regulated) in earlier texts was closer to “properly operating” or “in its ideal state”.
Let me get this right.
your link is to a site dedicated to proving the BULLSHIT that the 2nd in no way relates "well regulated militia" to "keep and bear arms" DESPITE, and this is the hilarious part, the words right in front of your face.

OK fool.

It's a watch.
The government is the WATCHMAKER
Whose responsibility is to keep the watch i.e. THE MILITIA running properly, i.e. "WELL REGULATED"

Gawod you people are stupid.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

View attachment 940934

and in 1789 CONGRESS was spelled CONGREFS

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When MAGATS screw the pooch
View attachment 940936
/----/ No you big dope. I studied calligraphy when I was in advertising. That is not an "f." It is how they wrote "s" when the there are two in a word. Now, look at the lower case letters following "r".
1714649995185.png

Second example:
1714650168872.png

Let me get this right.
your link is to a site dedicated to proving the BULLSHIT that the 2nd in no way relates "well regulated militia" to "keep and bear arms" DESPITE, and this is the hilarious part, the words right in front of your face.

OK fool.

It's a watch.
The government is the WATCHMAKER
Whose responsibility is to keep the watch i.e. THE MILITIA running properly, i.e. "WELL REGULATED"

Gawod you people are stupid.
/----/ You need to study history a bit more, gun grabber.
The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."
1714: "The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world."
1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."
1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."
1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."
1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."
The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

/----/ No you big dope. I studied calligraphy when I was in advertising. That is not an "f." It is how they wrote "s" when the there are two in a word. Now, look at the lower case letters following "r".
View attachment 940945
Second example:
View attachment 940946
So we can agree the writing changes, the meanings change and the technology changes.

We should try to keep up rather than pretend it doesn't.

So we can agree the writing changes, the meanings change and the technology changes.

the intent is what doesnt change,,
and the intent of the 2nd A was to insure that the people were equal and properly armed to defend themselves against any enemy foreign or domestic,,,

it did not intend for it to put government restrictions on what arms they/we could possess,,,

/----/ You need to study history a bit more, gun grabber.
The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.
Once again the evidence is clear that words change meaning over time. ERGO an 18th century definition of "well regulated" is a meaningless today as a blunderbuss and grape shot would be to a "well regulated" militia in 2024.

And things are in "proper working order...,"
When their functionality is clearly defined and the operation properly managed.

The intent is clear.
The militia exists to protect the free state.
The free state operates and manages the militia.
Ownership of weapons is protected for those members of the "well regulated militia."

Go look that up in your oxfords.

Once again the evidence is clear that words change meaning over time. ERGO an 18th century definition of "well regulated" is a meaningless today as a blunderbuss and grape shot would be to a "well regulated" militia in 2024.

The intent is clear.
Ownership of weapons is protected for those members of the "well regulated militia."

if that was true the 2nd A would say "THE RIGHT OF MILITIA MEMBERS" not " THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE"

the intent is clear it is for the people not the militia members,,

The intent is clear.

/——/ You gun grabbers are pathetic. In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court affirmed for the first time that the right belongs to individuals.

/—-/ I’m not sure if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me.

/——/ You gun grabbers are pathetic. In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court affirmed for the first time that the right belongs to individuals.
thats hysterical,,
it took them 250 yrs to say its an individual right,,

we knew it all along,, all you have to do is be able to read,,

the reason it had to be done is because of lying gun grabbers,,

And all that proves is your inability to think beyond what your MAGAT handlers feed you.
Nope, I hate to break it to ya, sport, but I have studied the COTUS for longer than you have been alive.

I arrived at my conclusion based on MY reading of it.

You're the one being led around by your nose.

Nope, I hate to break it to ya, sport, but I have studied the COTUS for longer than you have been alive.

I arrived at my conclusion based on MY reading of it.

You're the one being led around by your nose.
I'm guessing "COTUS" is some sexual thing you people do with gun barrels.

Might be a little late for that - Maine is 94.8% white; the Asian population almost equals that of the black population.
Well! That's not Florida, but we have good black people here. I mean really good.

I'll take my FL black folk any day. I'm not even gonna say what their names are, but they're not the same as blacks from other places.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back