Why is Gaza Separate from the West Bank/Palestine?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Why is Gaza separate from the West Bank/Palestine? It seems like Hamas is like a vicious dog that keeps being let off its leash and biting the neighbors. Why are the owners not held responsible for controlling the dog? Instead, it seems that Israel has locked itself into that role.

Since a majority of UN members want to admit a Palestinian State, why not let them? Wouldn't this put a burden of dispute resolution on the UN, as opposed to being a propaganda outlet for endless one-sided condemnations of Israel? I think this would be a great test of the UN's ability to live up to its charter. If it can't handle this dispute, it should go the way of the League of Nations.

Why is Gaza separate from the West Bank/Palestine? It seems like Hamas is like a vicious dog that keeps being let off its leash and biting the neighbors. Why are the owners not held responsible for controlling the dog? Instead, it seems that Israel has locked itself into that role.

Since a majority of UN members want to admit a Palestinian State, why not let them? Wouldn't this put a burden of dispute resolution on the UN, as opposed to being a propaganda outlet for endless one-sided condemnations of Israel? I think this would be a great test of the UN's ability to live up to its charter. If it can't handle this dispute, it should go the way of the League of Nations.
Why would they deserve a two-state solution? Who claims ownership of the current state Israel given its history of being conquered across many different empires. For example, Rome held it for 400 years prior to the Byzantine empire in the 4th century.

LOL because the Gaza ones are just Egyptian Arabs. The West Bank are Jordanian Arabs.

There never was a “Palestinian” people much less a state. They were all just nomadic Arabs until the Brits took over and drew up a bunch of borders.

Why would they deserve a two-state solution? Who claims ownership of the current state Israel given its history of being conquered across many different empires. For example, Rome held it for 400 years prior to the Byzantine empire in the 4th century.
who did rome take it from??

What is your point?

Ask yourself who are the Palestinians?

Wanna know who they are?

Remember when India won it's independence? Then promptly split into Pakistan and India?

Palestinians are just Muslim Israelis.

Ask yourself who are the Palestinians?

Wanna know who they are?

Remember when India won it's independence? Then promptly split into Pakistan and India?

Palestinians are just Muslim Israelis.
"Why is Gaza separate from the West Bank/Palestine?" Try to focus.

"Why is Gaza separate from the West Bank/Palestine?" Try to focus.
I am focused.

You just think that all of nonsense that we've been hearing about Israel is the whole story.

Maybe instead of asking this question, why not complete a discovery of the history of the region instead of pushing to give blood-thirsty killers everything they want.

According to your logic, we should redraw intl borders regularly.

According to your logic, we should redraw intl borders regularly.
No .. according to my logic .. who is the rightful owner of the area known as modern day of Israel? This land debate is stupid .. and being demanded by "palestinians" .. yet .. they definitely aren't the rightful "owners."

It's just like land ownership across Native Americans ... who defeated one another for territory ... who gets the rightful ownership of the land (i.e. Black Hills in South Carolina)?

Forum List

Back