USMB Coffee Shop IV

There has to be a better solution even if it is with your inlaws. Remember what living in your van was like when Dennis was still with you. Neither of you did well with it.
Because it was me, dennis (6'2" 245lbs) and my lab. I think I can do it. If I can't...well...I'll figure something out. I am on 3 other wait lists. I just hope the funds come in sooner rather than later.

I don't drink. Can't stand the taste of it. However, once in a blue moon I may have a white russian. The drink...not the man. lol.

Funny and not funny haha how you can judge someone you don't even know just by one word. Oh well. I know enough from your post you are someone to avoid. Hence...toodles.
Providing the definition of the word she used to describe herself is NOT "judging." I wasn't sure of its meaning since it is seldom used.

Your comment and "toodles" was very judgmental, however.

Your condescending and misguided post shows enough about you too.

Providing the definition of the word she used to describe herself is NOT "judging." I wasn't sure of its meaning since it is seldom used.

Your comment and "toodles" was very judgmental, however.

Your condescending and misguided post shows enough about you too.
Okay my children, misunderstandings all around maybe but the Coffee Shop is a place to get along with people so let's bury all hatchets and move on. Okay?

1715150123498.png

We pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list. Another surgery coming up.
Ringel for continued wellness and his brothers' families for relief from adversity and illness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son Mike for continued wellness
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness and a successful surgery.
SFC Ollie for healing and wellness
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mrs. Saveliberty for rapid and trouble free healing
Oddball's mom for a good diagnosis and resolution.
Boedicca's brother Douglas for successful treatment and wellness.
Foxfyre and Hombre's niece for relief from several setbacks following open heart surgery.

And we keep the light on so those who have moved on to other places can find their way back. And we hope they do.
1715150885205.png

misunderstandings all around maybe but the Coffee Shop is a place to get along with people so let's bury all hatchets and move on.
I've moved on. And that hatchet may wind up where not intended. With that said..I adore the ignore (toodles) feature so no worries on my end.

I asked the retirement home if I could volunteer to help the elderly for a few hours a week. Am I a more honest citizen if I volunteer to help old people in retirement homes without pay? They wrote down my name and said they would contact me to see if I could do it.
Volunteering for worthy causes to help others is a good thing and usually indication of a good heart. Don't know if it makes a person more or less honest though. :)

I asked the retirement home if I could volunteer to help the elderly for a few hours a week. Am I a more honest citizen if I volunteer to help old people in retirement homes without pay? They wrote down my name and said they would contact me to see if I could do it.

Mort, I pray to Nature's God every day to give me more work to do to serve my community and my fellow man. Pick up litter everywhere you see it. Report problems to the city everywhere you see them so they can make repairs. Report problems with products and foods to the manufacturers so they can make needed changes and modifications. They also like to give you free coupons for your suggestions.

Do all the good you can every day and it rewards you as much as it does the world we live in.

I pass these out to strangers I talk to every single day, without fail.

Kindness slips.jpg

Mort, I pray to Nature's God every day to give me more work to do to serve my community and my fellow man. Pick up litter everywhere you see it. Report problems to the city everywhere you see them so they can make repairs. Report problems with products and foods to the manufacturers so they can make needed changes and modifications. They also like to give you free coupons for your suggestions.

Do all the good you can every day and it rewards you as much as it does the world we live in.

I pass these out to strangers I talk to every single day, without fail.

View attachment 943806
Thankfully, I don’t talk to strangers every day. :lol: I certainlydon’t go out of my way to talk to any.

Thankfully, I don’t talk to strangers every day. :lol: I certainlydon’t go out of my way to talk to any.

I do. I also go out of my way to help anyone I can, such as any woman with a flat tire on the side of the freeway.
One day I stopped for a van in the center divider.
The lady said, "I've been sitting her for four hours. My baby is cold and hungry and nobody would stop."

I put a gallon of gas in her car and she drove away.

One Christmas Eve, I saw a woman with steam coming from her open hood on the side of Santa Ana Freeway.

I stopped, analyzed her situation, went home, got a big thermos full of water, put it in her radiator, told her to follow me to the party of women, children and men at my house where she would be safe. I purchased a radiator hose to replace hers which broke and installed it.

Thirty minutes later, she got in her car, cried and thanked me and drove ninety miles home to San Diego.

Don't stop to talk to strangers, Montrovant. They'll never miss you, "thankfully."

I do. I also go out of my way to help anyone I can, such as any woman with a flat tire on the side of the freeway.
One day I stopped for a van in the center divider.
The lady said, "I've been sitting her for four hours. My baby is cold and hungry and nobody would stop."

I put a gallon of gas in her car and she drove away.

One Christmas Eve, I saw a woman with steam coming from her open hood on the side of Santa Ana Freeway.

I stopped, analyzed her situation, went home, got a big thermos full of water, put it in her radiator, told her to follow me to the party of women, children and men at my house where she would be safe. I purchased a radiator hose to replace hers which broke and installed it.

Thirty minutes later, she got in her car, cried and thanked me and drove ninety miles home to San Diego.

Don't stop to talk to strangers, Montrovant. They'll never miss you, "thankfully."
I use to pull over and fix cars for stranded strangers but I’m thinking cell phones and sue happy citizens kinda changed all that.

I use to pull over and fix cars for stranded strangers but I’m thinking cell phones and sue happy citizens kinda changed all that.

You're not going to give aid for fear of lawsuit?
Look up Kitty Genovese. Thirty New York City residents watched her being attacked for half an hour without lifting a finger. They didn't want to get involved, like you.
Kitty was murdered. Suppose that were your wife, mother, or daughter. What would you say about the cowards who refused to lift a finger?

Just months ago, a woman in NYC told a young punk jumping the turnstyle, "We don't do that in New York."
He ran past her up the escalator, turned around and kicked her backwards with both his feet as he held himself up with his hands on the rails. Far down the escalator, another coward stepped aside to let her continue her painful tumble, instead of catching her. He didn't want to be sued I suppose.

Shall I let your wife tumble past me? Or your daughter?
Never.

It's springtime in New Mexico. Most days. Not all. :)
We have the first 10 day period without the night going into frost levels .. hopefully.

I miss California weather but I don’t see us moving that way for at least a couple years if ever.

Yes it can be really dangerous now. If I see somebody that looks stranded in a bad situation now I have alerted the police to check them out knowing the police will know who to call to help them.

You're not going to give aid for fear of lawsuit?
Look up Kitty Genovese. Thirty New York City residents watched her being attacked for half an hour without lifting a finger. They didn't want to get involved, like you.
Kitty was murdered. Suppose that were your wife, mother, or daughter. What would you say about the cowards who refused to lift a finger?

Just months ago, a woman in NYC told a young punk jumping the turnstyle, "We don't do that in New York."
He ran past her up the escalator, turned around and kicked her backwards with both his feet as he held himself up with his hands on the rails. Far down the escalator, another coward stepped aside to let her continue her painful tumble, instead of catching her. He didn't want to be sued I suppose.

Shall I let your wife tumble past me? Or your daughter?
Never.
Relax there drama llama.. If it was a dire situation I’d take the chance as any real man would and again cell phones have changed the situation.

We have the first 10 day period without the night going into frost levels .. hopefully.

I miss California weather but I don’t see us moving that way for at least a couple years if ever.
I think the danger of frost is pretty much zilch in our part of the world. And our weather is more pleasant than not most of the time. Summers are hot here but rarely the extreme heat that is the norm in many parts of the country. Humidity is usually low. We don't get enough rain to suit me but I love not having much snow or dangerous cold in the winter though we do have all four seasons including winter.

Forum List

Back