Trump Punts On Border Closure, Gives Mexico A Year To Stop Flow Of Drugs & Immigrants Into US

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'President Trump has punted on his plans for closing the southern border, telling a group of reporters on Thursday that he will give Mexico a year to stop the flow of migrants and drugs into the US. If they fail on either count, Trump will either slap tariffs on Mexican-made cars or close the border entirely.

"You know I will do it. I don’t play games...so we’re doing it to stop people. We’re gonna give them a one year warning, and if the drugs don’t stop, or largely stop, we’re going to put tariffs on Mexico and products, in particular cars. The whole ballgame is cars....and if that doesn’t stop the drugs, we close the border."

It was unclear whether an agreement with Congressional Democrats would also be a condition for the border closure, after Trump said Tuesday that Congress needed to get rid of chain migration, catch and release and the visa lottery and "do something about asylum" or he would still consider closing the border. "If Mexico doesn't or we don't make a deal with Congress, the border will be closed."

Over the past week, Trump has repeatedly threatened to close the Southern border, even saying that he might do so as soon as this week. His acting chief of staff took to the Sunday shows over the weekend to warn that Trump was serious about the threat, and media reports claimed the White House was looking into various plans.

The decision to back down from an immediate closure order followed complaints from several Republican Senators from border states, including John Cornyn and Martha McSally.

The peso has rallied on the news as pressure from a possible border closure eased.'

Trump Punts On Border Closure, Gives Mexico A Year To Stop Flow Of Drugs & Immigrants Into US

Trump just played chicken with himself...and (somehow) lost.

I KNEW he would back down.

What a completely, useless prick.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1113846985100906497

No, when someone doesn't know where their father was born someone in his WH has set him straight and I can imagine most have to do damage control after every word he spews. The guy has dementia and he may think he's running the country but a few coherent adviser's are running it.

Anti-Trump tards.

Attack him for doing what he says, attack him for being too aggressive, attack him for not being aggressive enough, attack him for reconsidering....

No matter what he did, you would attack him.

You have no credibility.

No matter what Trump does, dimocrap FILTH will revile him for it.

It isn't so much that dimocrap scum hate Trump so much as they HATE the fact that America is doing so well.

People, you need to understand something.........

dimocraps HATE America.

I've been telling you this since the first day I joined this board. And, as it turns out, I was right.

But, I'm right at just about everything. So that's no surprise.

Had Trump closed the border, dimocrap scum would have bashed him for that.

If he doesn't do something about illegal immigrants, they'll bash him over that. If he DOES do something about illegals, they'll bash him over that.

dimocraps aren't serious people. They are consumed by hatred.

And their hatred is centered on America. They focus on Trump but the truth is -- They hate America. They want to destroy it and remake it in their image

word

Anti-Trump tards.

Attack him for doing what he says, attack him for being too aggressive, attack him for not being aggressive enough, attack him for reconsidering....

No matter what he did, you would attack him.

You have no credibility.

Trump has no credibility.
All he does is lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, the Country is in a state of National EMERGENCY - Mexico has one year to stop being a problem.

stupid fucking old derelict doesn't know his ass from his elbow .....

Trump: “Mexico's tough. They can stop them, but they chose not to. Now they're going to stop them. And if they don't stop them, we're closing the border. They'll close it. And we'll keep it closed for a long time. I'm not playing games.”

Reality: “Yes you are.

Trump: “Mexico's tough. They can stop them, but they chose not to. Now they're going to stop them. And if they don't stop them, we're closing the border. They'll close it. And we'll keep it closed for a long time. I'm not playing games.”

My favorite line from the demented old dotard was this:

"We have a stupid system of courts. It's the craziest thing in the world."

What a fucking idiot, LOL.

Trump Threatens Car Tariffs If Mexico Doesn't Stop Immigration And Drug Flow Across Border In One Year

Ask this thing if Trump was playing games --

hqdefault.jpg

'President Trump has punted on his plans for closing the southern border, telling a group of reporters on Thursday that he will give Mexico a year to stop the flow of migrants and drugs into the US. If they fail on either count, Trump will either slap tariffs on Mexican-made cars or close the border entirely.

"You know I will do it. I don’t play games...so we’re doing it to stop people. We’re gonna give them a one year warning, and if the drugs don’t stop, or largely stop, we’re going to put tariffs on Mexico and products, in particular cars. The whole ballgame is cars....and if that doesn’t stop the drugs, we close the border."

It was unclear whether an agreement with Congressional Democrats would also be a condition for the border closure, after Trump said Tuesday that Congress needed to get rid of chain migration, catch and release and the visa lottery and "do something about asylum" or he would still consider closing the border. "If Mexico doesn't or we don't make a deal with Congress, the border will be closed."

Over the past week, Trump has repeatedly threatened to close the Southern border, even saying that he might do so as soon as this week. His acting chief of staff took to the Sunday shows over the weekend to warn that Trump was serious about the threat, and media reports claimed the White House was looking into various plans.

The decision to back down from an immediate closure order followed complaints from several Republican Senators from border states, including John Cornyn and Martha McSally.

The peso has rallied on the news as pressure from a possible border closure eased.'

Trump just played chicken with himself...and (somehow) lost.

I KNEW he would back down.

What a completely, useless prick.

During the campaign Trump stated emphatically that he would STOP illegal immigration from the southern border.

“A Trump administration will stop illegal immigration, deport all criminal aliens, and save American lives.”

Well, so much for that lie.

Trump sees himself as a new world poker player; the problem is, Trump has a losing hand the greater majority of the time.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Good gawd he can be such a fucking wimp.
Another empty threat.. loser

First of all no presidential adviser should have dual citizenship or ties to George Soros and Kushners 666 Fifth Ave office building. Jerad Kushner has both and more.
I also didn't like the way Trump did those in Scotland for his golf course. Plus I haven't voted [ except a couple write in ] in 15 years, don't trust any of them,period.
I do understand the desperation that can give people blind hope when they see their nation has been invaded.
The alternative was horribly and evil so Americans took a chance on this lying idiot.
First thing he did was make the rich richer and make Jerusalem the capital of Israel, [ which is a fine ] which could have been done later on after he took care of America first and stopped the third world invasions from all over the world,especially S.America.
Protecting our nation should have been done coming right out of the gate like he promised. Now its going on 3 years and America has gotten nothing but more promises.
Meet the new boss , same as the old boss,imo.

No matter what Trump does, dimocrap FILTH will revile him for it.

It isn't so much that dimocrap scum hate Trump so much as they HATE the fact that America is doing so well.

People, you need to understand something.........

dimocraps HATE America.

I've been telling you this since the first day I joined this board. And, as it turns out, I was right.

But, I'm right at just about everything. So that's no surprise.

Had Trump closed the border, dimocrap scum would have bashed him for that.

If he doesn't do something about illegal immigrants, they'll bash him over that. If he DOES do something about illegals, they'll bash him over that.

dimocraps aren't serious people. They are consumed by hatred.

And their hatred is centered on America. They focus on Trump but the truth is -- They hate America. They want to destroy it and remake it in their image

word

It's not just democrats.

We New Yorkers have been exposed to this guy’s escapades since the 70s.

We know what kind of bullshit artist He is.

Forum List

Back