The Notorious “catch and kill" campaign: Turning the National Enquirer into an arm of Trump's 2016 presidential campaign

Actually it was NOT illegal for Cohen.
What I have heard is that Cohen's wife committed something the feds were going to prosecute unless Cohen pretended to claim he was guilty even though there was no crime by Cohen.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Again, Trump was responsible for what's in HIS books. And no one cares who you talk to or what they say. The Department of Justice speaks louder than them.
The DOJ? So you admit Biden sent his DOJ hack into Bragg’s DA office to target trump. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
:oops8::oops8::oops8:

Actually it was NOT illegal for Cohen.
What I have heard is that Cohen's wife committed something the feds were going to prosecute unless Cohen pretended to claim he was guilty even though there was no crime by Cohen.
Cohen testified the feds showed him the plea deal, and an 80-page indictment that included his wife, and gave him 48 hours to decide.

They filed joint tax returns, her signature was on them too.

If he recants on anything in that plea deal, he violates the terms and they will come after him and his wife.

Cohen testified the feds showed him the plea deal, and an 80-page indictment that included his wife, and gave him 48 hours to decide.

They filed joint tax returns, her signature was on them too.

If he recants on anything in that plea deal, he violates the terms and they will come after him and his wife.

Complete Bullshit. Accused people can negotiate the terms of a plea deal. Cohen was a lawyer. If he was being charged with a a non-crime, he could have challenged them on it. And of all the charges, that was the least significant. There's a chance they would have given him that one.

Complete Bullshit. Accused people can negotiate the terms of a plea deal. Cohen was a lawyer. If he was being charged with a a non-crime, he could have challenged them on it. And of all the charges, that was the least significant. There's a chance they would have given him that one.
It's in the transcript. Cohen's cross. I just read it today.

I will post it when they put it in a downloadable format, those one-page-at-a-time transcripts are a PITA.

It's in the transcript. Cohen's cross. I just read it today.

I will post it when they put it in a downloadable format, those one-page at-a-time transcripts are a PITA.

I'm not saying that wasn't in the agreement. I'm saying a plea agreement is agreed to by both parties. Cohen was a lawyer. If that wasn't a crime, he would have known that and only agreed to plead guilty to the other charges.

I'm not saying that wasn't in the agreement. I'm saying a plea agreement is agreed to by both parties. Cohen was a lawyer. If that wasn't a crime, he would have known that and only agreed to plead guilty to the other charges.
He was given a choice. Plea deal or trial.

He was charged with:
5 counts federal tax evasion. 5 years each
1 count bank fraud. 30 years
2 counts excessive campaign donation. 5 years each.

His wife was named in the indictment alongside him. Those tax evasion charges were against them both. He said he protected his wife.

If you think the DOJ will not coerce someone to get what they want, I don't know what to tell you.

They weren't after Cohen, they were after Trump. They've been at it for years. He's their white whale.

They needed to flip someone, and Cohen flipped. Not too complicated...

Forum List

Back