Republicans to Hispanics.....Vote for us, or else!

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
GOP: We'll move immigration reform if we take back Senate | TheHill

Senate Republicans say they'll try to pass immigration reform legislation in the next two years if they take back the Senate in November.

The Republicans say winning back the Senate will allow them to pass a series of bills on their own terms that have a better chance of winning approval in the House.

Typical Republicans. "If we don't get to call the shots then nobody can"

Last edited:
I don't really agree. I think they are just acknowledging the reality that unless they pass something with a pure majority with no possibility of filibuster it just won't have any chance of getting through the house.

I suspect the question will be whether even then, the gop can present anything to the house that can pass. Because first it will never have enough gop votes to gain a majority without dem votes if it has any amnesty provision. Further, even then, I'm not sure it'll be something the dems wish to give any approval to because it will probably still be unpalatable to many latinos.

Senate Republicans say they'll try to pass immigration reform legislation in the next two years if they take back the Senate in November.

The Republicans say winning back the Senate will allow them to pass a series of bills on their own terms that have a better chance of winning approval in the House.

They will too once they get obstructionist Harry Reid out of there.

I don't really agree. I think they are just acknowledging the reality that unless they pass something with a pure majority with no possibility of filibuster it just won't have any chance of getting through the house.

I suspect the question will be whether even then, the gop can present anything to the house that can pass. Because first it will never have enough gop votes to gain a majority without dem votes if it has any amnesty provision. Further, even then, I'm not sure it'll be something the dems wish to give any approval to because it will probably still be unpalatable to many latinos.

Bullshit. If the Republicans win the Senate and retain the House, they can then force Obama to veto legislation that the people want but the democrats despise thus showing him to be nothing more than a political hack favoring party over country.

I agree that the TeaTards in the House will not support any immigration reform regardless of who writes it

Bullshit. If the Republicans win the Senate and retain the House, they can then force Obama to veto legislation that the people want but the democrats despise thus showing him to be nothing more than a political hack favoring party over country.

If the gop can get 120 or so reps to reneg on promising not to pass any reform that contains amnesty, maybe. Of course the terms for amnesty may be so unpalatable that latino leaders prefer to wait another two years and take a chance on a new senate.

If the gop can get 120 or so reps to reneg on promising not to pass any reform that contains amnesty, maybe. Of course the terms for amnesty may be so unpalatable that latino leaders prefer to wait another two years and take a chance on a new senate.

Immigration reform does not hinge on amnesty.

First thing that needs to be done is seal the border!

Republicans block immigration reform for two years and then expect to be rewarded with the Senate for their obstruction

Last edited:

I agree that the TeaTards in the House will not support any immigration reform regardless of who writes it

If they want to keep their jobs, the republicans had best not pass anything that doesn't provide border security first and I mean security that no one can circumvent like the dear leader has, without going to jail.

If they want to keep their jobs, the republicans had best not pass anything that doesn't provide border security first and I mean security that no one can circumvent like the dear leader has, without going to jail.

I understand exactly what Republicans are demanding

Stop EVERY Mexican from crossing the border before they allow the ten year path to citizenship to begin

Hispanics have no reason to believe our GOP on this: nothing indicates that the Party leadership will do anything other than "secure" the borders.

Hispanics have no reason to believe our GOP on this: nothing indicates that the Party leadership will do anything other than "secure" the borders.

Without border security nothing else matters.

Republicans to Hispanics

We support Immigration reform, we really do

We just won't allow ANYTHING to proceed until we are satisfied that the border can stop every immigrant from passing. Until that time, you will just have to wait

Thank you for showing why the Hispanics will continue to overwhelmingly vote for Dems and defeat Pubs.

You can shout "I would rather be right than win elections" and I can honestly state, "OK, you will be neither."

ZOMG...politicians promising to do something if elected and rightwinger freaks out and claims "or else"...

too funny the hysteria from leftwingers

Over my dead body.

Our immigration laws don't need to be "reformed." They just need to be enforced.

I hope so.

Republicans to Hispanics

We support Immigration reform, we really do

We just won't allow ANYTHING to proceed until we are satisfied that the border can stop every immigrant from passing. Until that time, you will just have to wait

Very good.

Rubio said the Senate next year should pass immigration reform through a series of sequential bills that build upon each other to enact comprehensive reform. This approach would be more palatable in the House, he said.

Read more: GOP: We'll move immigration reform if we take back Senate | TheHill
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

First bill for Republicans to pass. Stop ALL immigration before anything else gets done
That should block reform for 20-30 years

Second bill in the GOP Immigration sequence. Kill Obamacare

my GOP, if it cannot learn lessons about the demographics and that we serve The People, will lose yet again

Forum List

Back