Palestinian Declares Israel Belongs to Jewish People

Don't blame ya--it's just a debate about, race , religion with some politics mixed in. Some folks gotta little surprised and upset by some AJ's points and it dwindled into this.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Don't blame ya--it's just a debate about, race , religion with some politics mixed in. Some folks gotta little surprised and upset by some AJ's points and it dwindled into this.

Well argue away, just let's not devolve, ;) .

You know it seems funny that getting 'some folks' surprised or upset is really what discussions are actually meant to do.

Continually agreeing about this or that gets abit tiresome and does not evoke intellectual honesty or that heated replies sometimes leads to some kind of general consensus.

I don't believe that this conversation has dwindled into anything. Some found themselves busted for their remarks which proved spurious.

Thank goodness that this is a holiday and there is time for these discussions if not always friendly.

Understanding of other's opinions and their perspectives is sometimes a good thing.

Originally posted by ajwps
yes. Obviously. as per the above described dogmatic injunction.

And obviously as a member of the 'white race' your inclusion into those who are not of that race and in that class of humanity should not mix with the lower races.

Why does the government have race checkboxes on many of it's forms? WHite or caucasian is ALWAYS one of the choices. I believe your spurious assertion that the white race does not exist is shared by few, but by all means, keep blabbering on about it.

And I think the last part was supposed to be an insult of some kind, it's incoherence rendered it ineffective, however.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr

Why does the government have race checkboxes on many of it's forms? WHite or caucasian is ALWAYS one of the choices. I believe your spurious assertion that the white race does not exist is shared by few, but by all means, keep blabbering on about it.

And I think the last part was supposed to be an insult of some kind, it's incoherence rendered it ineffective, however.

So US Government forms substantiate humanity into 'races'?

So US government forms have checkboxes to checkoff racial choices such as:

White
Jew
Christian
Eskimo
Yellow
Red
Brown
Muslim
Hindu
Other
Moron

Which racial box would you check off?

White
Jew
Christian
Eskimo
Yellow
Red
Brown
Muslim
Hindu
Other
Moron

we have a choice to leave this section blank in America--How about in Israel?

White
Jew
Christian
Eskimo
Yellow
Red
Brown
Muslim
Hindu
Other
Moron

I'm white.

Are you happy your "Moron" race finally made the list somewhere?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr

I'm a white. Are you happy your "Moron" race finally made the list somewhere?

At last your bigotry is showing.

Our civilisation cannot afford to let the censor-moron loose. The censor-moron does not really hate anything but the living and growing human consciousness.

ATTRIBUTION: D.H. (David Herbert) Lawrence (1885–1930)

we have a choice to leave this section blank in America--How about in Israel?

Israel has the same option.

America uses profiling to protect us from terrorists and Israel does the same.

From which planet were you transplanted to this globe?

Race is a purely biological, genetic trait.

Ethnicity is the mixture of racial and cultural elements (religion included).

So there is a white, black and asian race (all of them with subdivisions) but there is no jewish race, only a jewish ethnicity.

Originally posted by José

Race is a purely biological, genetic trait. Ethnicity is the mixture of racial and cultural elements (religion included). So there is a white, black and asian race (all of them with subdivisions) but there is no jewish race, only a jewish ethnicity.

José says there is ONLY a Jewish enthnicity. He is wrong. José fails to mention Muslim ethnicty, Christian ethnicity or Hindu ethnicity.

Ethnicity is a racial subgroup that shares a common ancestry, history, or culture.

The historical definition of race, before the development of evolutionary biology, was that of common lineage, a vague concept interchangeable with species, breed, cultural origin, or national character ("The whole race of mankind." – Shakespeare; "From whence the race of Alban fathers come" – Dryden).

The word race, interpreted to mean common descent, was introduced into English in about 1580, from the Old French "rasse" (1512), from Italian razza, which may have been derived from the Latin word generatio (a begetting).

This late origin for the English and French terms is consistent with the thesis that the concept of "race" as defining a very small number of groups of human beings based on lineage dates from the time of Columbus. Older concepts that were also at least partly based on common descent, such as nation and tribe, entail a much larger number of groupings.

The first published classification of humans into distinct "races" seems to have been François Bernier's Nouvelle division de la terre par les différents espèces ou races qui l'habitent ("New division of Earth by the different species or races which inhabit it"), published in 1684. Bernier (1625-1688) distinguished four "races":

Europeans, including South Asians, North Africans and Native Americans, but excluding Lapps
Far Easterners
Sub-Saharan Africans
Lapps

The 19th century concept of race was based primarily on morphological and cosmetic characteristics such as skin color, facial type, cranial profile and amount, texture and color of hair. Though such characteristics have since been declared by many experts to have a minimal relationship with any other heritable characteristics, they retain some persuasive force because it is easy to immediately distinguish people based on physical appearance.

Because people of different races can interbreed, this method of classification is "weak" in the sense that it can be difficult to determine to which categories some borderline individuals belong. (Contrast the difficulty of determining to which group a child of mixed parentage belongs with the much more clear-cut decisions involved in determining membership in species). In other words, racial purity does not have a clear biological meaning. On the other hand, it is clear that for an extended period of time after Homo sapiens' first migrations from Africa (probably around 80,000 BC) and before the rise of wheeled and seagoing transportation (around 3000 BC), geographically isolated groups of people underwent some degree of divergent evolution. Whether that degree was high enough to merit strict taxa beneath the species level is the primary question that has roiled the generations of human biologists since the 1800s. It is a complicated issue full of semantic and emotional pitfalls, with much at stake on the consensus, for educators, physicians, political officeholders, judges, law enforcement officers and many others look upon scientific findings as the bedrock authority for their curricula, diagnostic methods, budget expenditures, case law and criminal suspect profiling.

Among the 19th-century naturalists who defined the field were Georges Cuvier, James Cowles Pritchard, Louis Agassiz, Charles Pickering (Races of Man and Their Geographical Distribution, 1848), and Johann Friedrich Blumenbach. Cuvier enumerated three races, Pritchard seven, Agassiz eight, and Pickering eleven.

ajwps

You know I hate the jewish state as much as you love it, but let's try to find some common ground, at least, on this anthropological issue, ok?

My definition of ethnicity:

Ethnicity is the mixture of racial and cultural elements (religion included).

Your definition of ethnicity:

Ethnicity is a racial subgroup that shares a common ancestry, history, or culture.

Sounds like a mixture between race and culture to me : )

You know I hate the jewish state. . . .

Why do you hate it? have they personally wronged you? Have you ever been there or do you live there now?

ajwps You know I hate the jewish state as much as you love it, but let's try to find some common ground, at least, on this anthropological issue, ok?

My definition of ethnicity: Ethnicity is the mixture of racial and cultural elements (religion included).

Your definition of ethnicity: Ethnicity is a racial subgroup that shares a common ancestry, history, or culture.

Sounds like a mixture between race and culture to me : )

Common Ground?

Are those blacks in the US who convert to Islam considered to be ethnic Islamites? Are these Black converts to Islam now sharing a common racial or cultural background which has a common ancestry, history or culture in the ethnicity of Muhammad's Islam?

How does that fit in with your ethnic concept?

Originally posted by freeandfun1

Why do you hate it? have they personally wronged you? Have you ever been there or do you live there now?

Merlin it is rather obvious. Our Islamic friend Jose is told by the Qur'an that he is to hate all the unbelievers of the world unless they convert to the moon-god allah or be slain from ambush.

Israel and the Jewish people's continued existence, espeically on the holy sand of Muhammad (the entire world), which proves Allah has no existence.

Remember that Jose and the Islamic world believe that NOTHING happens without the will of god Allah. Ergo, this carved idol has no will to destroy the infidels of the earth.

Therefore they have to do what their god is unable to do. They have to throw their children into the fire bombs (suicide children) to kill the infidels. Allah cannot hear, see, speak or do anything to help the now oppressed world of Islam.

That is the real reason and has nothing whatsoever to do with racial apartheid. This is their excuse for killing babies....

Hell no

I hate the state of Israel for the same reason I hate Nazi Germany, Iraq under Hussein and South Africa under apartheid. Because I don't like ethnic supremacisms, I don't like racial dictatorships.

I believe that the legitimacy of modern states must be based on a notion of political rights of autonomous individual subjects. A modern state must never acknowledge ethnic, national or racial identity and should instead enforce political and legal equality of all individuals.

So the idea behind Israel, a jewish ethnic state, belongs to the the past and Israel should evolve from a jewish state to a civic state, a state of citizens.

Hell no

I hate the state of Israel for the same reason I hate Nazi Germany, Iraq under Hussein and South Africa under apartheid. Because I don't like ethnic supremacisms, I don't like racial dictatorships.

I believe that the legitimacy of modern states must be based on a notion of political rights of autonomous individual subjects. A modern state must never acknowledge ethnic, national or racial identity and should instead enforce political and legal equality of all individuals.

So the idea behind Israel, a jewish ethnic state, belongs to the the past and Israel should evolve from a jewish state to a civic state, a state of citizens.

But you make no sense. There are many Muslim Israelies so I am not sure what your beef is with them. Hell, the Muslims are the only group NOT REQUIRED to serve in the military. You obviously no nothing about what you are TRYING to talk about.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
But you make no sense. There are many Muslim Israelies so I am not sure what your beef is with them. Hell, the Muslims are the only group NOT REQUIRED to serve in the military. You obviously no nothing about what you are TRYING to talk about.

They won't even allow a muslim in their military or other places for that matter.

Forum List

Back