Zone1 "Nothing creates itself"

remember, they live in texas, to preserve slavery bing joined the confederate army to fight for justice. as an example of their religion.
WHAT THE LORD REJECTS
16 There are six things the LORD hates,
yes, seven* are an abomination to him;
17 * Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that plots wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to run to evil,
19 The false witness who utters lies,
and the one who sows discord among kindred.

Then your fears are unfounded as it is people - not religions - which participate in our secular governance.
Of course it is often a religion that tells it's adherents what God demands that they do if they don't want to put their eternal soul at risk.

Of course it is often a religion that tells it's adherents what God demands that they do if they don't want to put their eternal soul at risk.
I haven't seen that and I doubt very seriously you have seen that. But let's say they do for the sake of argument, so what? Are those people disqualified from voting in your mind?

Yes, I am telling you that that at conception a new, genetically distinct human being has come into existence. One that has never existed before and will never exist again. At every point along the continuum it is fully human. It is never less than human. It's just science.
Sounds magical. Two things that are not human, when combined, are human. It like we are gods, creating humans.

You must hate that Trump and the majority of Americans are OK with IVF and the killing of human beings.

Sounds magical. Two things that are not human, when combined, are human. It like we are gods, creating humans.

You must hate that Trump and the majority of Americans are OK with IVF and the killing of human beings.
Magical? Naw, it's just science.

I'm probably not as invested in this as you are. You dehumanize human life so you can rationalize ending a human life is good and just.

I haven't seen that and I doubt very seriously you have seen that. But let's say they do for the sake of argument, so what? Are those people disqualified from voting in your mind?
Yes, it seems like an anti-democratic process. If I put a gun to your head and told you how to vote, would that be OK with you?

Magical? Naw, it's just science.
I don't think science can state when life begins, only when it changes form. Eggs an sperm are human so it is an arbitrary line you draw.

I'm probably not as invested in this as you are. You dehumanize human life so you can rationalize ending a human life is good and just.
But we all do that, unless you are against euthanasia, capital punishment, and all wars.

Yes, it seems like an anti-democratic process. If I put a gun to your head and told you how to vote, would that be OK with you?
I think you need to work on your analogy. Do you really think that is comparable?

I assume you are like me and vote according to your conscience, values, principles and intelligence. It would be way too arrogant, petty and idiotic for me to assume you wouldn't be similar to me. Should I be trumping up reasons why your shouldn't be allowed to vote just because you won't vote the same as me?

I don't think science can state when life begins, only when it changes form. Eggs an sperm are human so it is an arbitrary line you draw.
That's exactly what science states. It's in every embryology textbook. Feel free to provide a link for your belief. I've provided like 15 to you and could probably get another 15 for you without breaking a sweat.

But we all do that, unless you are against euthanasia, capital punishment, and all wars.
No. We mourn it because we don't dehumanize human life. It's the thing that moderates it; that keeps it from running rampant. The more you dehumanization human life the easier it is to take it. The less you dehumanize human life the harder it is to take it. Shouldn't it be hard? Shouldn't it be discouraged?

Tell me what's wrong with making abortion a misdemeanor?

WHAT THE LORD REJECTS
16 There are six things the LORD hates,
yes, seven* are an abomination to him;
17 * Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that plots wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to run to evil,
19 The false witness who utters lies,
and the one who sows discord among kindred.oh,

oh,

1715829816160.png

jan 6th - was a day of jubilation, having lost just showing their better side during defeat and their true brotherly love.

That's exactly what science states. It's in every embryology textbook. Feel free to provide a link for your belief. I've provided like 15 to you and could probably get another 15 for you without breaking a sweat.
Apologies, I'm on vacation and only have access to my phone. I'll see what I can find on this when I return home.

No. We mourn it because we don't dehumanize human life. It's the thing that moderates it; that keeps it from running rampant. The more you dehumanization human life the easier it is to take it. The less you dehumanize human life the harder it is to take it. Shouldn't it be hard? Shouldn't it be discouraged?

Tell me what's wrong with making abortion a misdemeanor?
Abortion is certainly not something to be encouraged but it is a failure of society so making it a crime is wrong. And who would you charge? Mother? Doctors? Hospitals? Family members?

I do. Threatening someone with eternal damnation is worse than just ending their lives.
You keep wanting to make abortion a religious issue when it's not. It's a human rights issue.

How someone be threatened when they don't believe in heaven or hell?

Abortion is certainly not something to be encouraged but it is a failure of society so making it a crime is wrong. And who would you charge? Mother? Doctors? Hospitals? Family members?
So you think it would be wrong to make abortion a misdemeanor?

You keep wanting to make abortion a religious issue when it's not. It's a human rights issue.

How someone be threatened when they don't believe in heaven or hell?
Today there are 13 countries where atheism is a capital crime. There used to be many more.

Forum List

Back