MISTRIAL!!! Rancher George Kelly 2nd degree murder case fails. A victory for the good guys.

If that was the jury poll, they should not retry. Nothing is going to give them better evidence.
No need for better evidence, just better jury selection.
If it was a 7:1 for acquittal, that does not speak well for the probability of a re-trial. I would say due process of the charges have taken place and justice served.
But another trial might bankrupt Kelly, which is how lawfare works.

I kind of doubt that was the goal. In a small town, it costs the county, also. Do you really see a cost benefit for that community? I don't. I doubt, they do either.

The Mexican government is still working on bringing a civil lawsuit against George Kelly. Nothing officially declared yet but I have a feeling they are going to bring the suit with the full cooperation of our DOJ. The Democrats want to assure the Drug Cartels that they have their back. As soon as it is official I will start a thread on it.

It's all breaking on the local news. FYI I just heard that the jury was 7-1 NOT GUILTY. So as I suspected it was one holdout who ignored the evidence and dug in his/her heels to deny George Kelly the not guilty verdict he deserved.
Not even close. 7-1, it is unlikely prosecutor will seek another bite at the apple.

Forum List

Back