Marines Post Warning!

PE is back. And working his old double standard I see. When you have a Government that specifically sets itself as the Anti-US you expect them to do the opposite of what the US wants, that is not an ally there is another word for that. Then PE gets "surprised" that Americans don't see France as the greating thing since sliced bread and attempts to get us to say something nice by saying we aren't "open-minded".

Anysay, we don't think all of the French people are that way, just the ones that vote for that silly Government of yours. (The Government that wanted us to continue down the same "diplomatic" path that led us to 9/11.) Just as you don't think every American is the same as the Bush Administration.

It is funny to see how Europe is reacting to the fact that we voted for Bush over their chosen Candidate. And it appears that the Bush Admin is offering the proverbial olive branch again. I await their response but I am not holding my breath.

no1tovote4 said:
PE is back. And working his old double standard I see. When you have a Government that specifically sets itself as the Anti-US you expect them to do the opposite of what the US wants, that is not an ally there is another word for that. Then PE gets "surprised" that Americans don't see France as the greating thing since sliced bread and attempts to get us to say something nice by saying we aren't "open-minded".

Anysay, we don't think all of the French people are that way, just the ones that vote for that silly Government of yours. (The Government that wanted us to continue down the same "diplomatic" path that led us to 9/11.) Just as you don't think every American is the same as the Bush Administration.

It is funny to see how Europe is reacting to the fact that we voted for Bush over their chosen Candidate. And it appears that the Bush Admin is offering the proverbial olive branch again. I await their response but I am not holding my breath.

oh shit they would have love kerry to be in office wouldnt they...lol
:nine:

CSM, it is only that I didn't understand what you said, so I couldn't know it was humour ;)

No1, first, i didn't vote for this government - in 2002 I was 17, so i couldn't vote ;) -

Second, the troubles between Europe and US could be change into a better relation with a best communication from the both sides.

In Europe, the image of Bush is : a fanatic religious, a politician against some civil liberties.
It is a caricature, I give here the great lines, but it is this kind of picture.

And when Europe see Bush attack Iraq, and then attack Iran - soon - , it can be frightened, people feel that Bush want to rule about the whole world, a new kind of colonialism (from the country who was against it after WWII, funny).
And when Saudi Arabia, where there are a lot of terrorists, and whixch is a dictatorship, is not threatened.....or not seriously....people can wonder themselves what Bush is doing, no ?

Johnney, France and homosexuality are different things, but thank you for trying to make humour.

And it is easy to say : "I'm open minded except on this,this and this".
I would be the same thing if a racist -nazi - said : i'm really open minded, guy, more than me it is not possible, except for the Jwes, the Blacks, the Gays, the muslims abnd the foreigners".
it is quite easy....

(please don't imagine that I compare you with this kind of racist nazi, not at all, be sure)

Shattered said:
Don't be silly.. The French make a damn fine coffee pot. I wouldn't part with mine for anything.

The French Press........See they are good for some things!!!

I just had a cup of coffee made from one of those, very good..

padisha emperor said:
CSM, it is only that I didn't understand what you said, so I couldn't know it was humour ;)

No1, first, i didn't vote for this government - in 2002 I was 17, so i couldn't vote ;) -

Second, the troubles between Europe and US could be change into a better relation with a best communication from the both sides.

In Europe, the image of Bush is : a fanatic religious, a politician against some civil liberties.
It is a caricature, I give here the great lines, but it is this kind of picture.

And when Europe see Bush attack Iraq, and then attack Iran - soon - , it can be frightened, people feel that Bush want to rule about the whole world, a new kind of colonialism (from the country who was against it after WWII, funny).
And when Saudi Arabia, where there are a lot of terrorists, and whixch is a dictatorship, is not threatened.....or not seriously....people can wonder themselves what Bush is doing, no ?

Johnney, France and homosexuality are different things, but thank you for trying to make humour.

And it is easy to say : "I'm open minded except on this,this and this".
I would be the same thing if a racist -nazi - said : i'm really open minded, guy, more than me it is not possible, except for the Jwes, the Blacks, the Gays, the muslims abnd the foreigners".
it is quite easy....

(please don't imagine that I compare you with this kind of racist nazi, not at all, be sure)

i wasnt kidding. france=homos
and dont worry Bonnie, im talking about france period. if you french canadian, your still canadian

Johnney said:
i wasnt kidding. france=homos
and dont worry Bonnie, im talking about france period. if you french canadian, your still canadian

Good then........Said did you hear that???

Said1 said:
If they won the referendum there would be.

You really think so? I don't. Seems to me there is little crossover in any intellectual way currently, if they were separate it would diffuse Canadian influence, but that seems to have been done by the left already?

Kathianne said:
You really think so? I don't. Seems to me there is little crossover in any intellectual way currently, if they were separate it would diffuse Canadian influence, but that seems to have been done by the left already?

One could hope right? There's a river, that's good enough (to keep them out!). I don't think they'll win the referendum in '07, and quite frankly, I think that should put an end to this matter once and for all. The bloc has less suppport this time around, they need to get over the fact that separating is just bad for Quebec and Canada no matter how you look at it.

Said1 said:
One could hope right? There's a river, that's good enough (to keep them out!). I don't think they'll win the referendum in '07, and quite frankly, I think that should put an end to this matter once and for all. The bloc has less suppport this time around, they need to get over the fact that separating is just bad for Quebec and Canada no matter how you look at it.

I agree with that! Seems to me the Quebec faction is way too European, why wouldn't they want a 'Canadian' persona? The rest of Canada seems more Canadian or 'North American' whatever that means, but certainly not 'Americanized.' There is a difference.

Said1 said:
Depends on who you ask. :D
French Canadians are not much different from their Euro brothers and sisters, even though they dismiss their Euro roots. :rolleyes:

In that case my condolences to you :teeth:
Just rest easy and be proud knowing that you are not one of "them" ugh. :)

Kathianne said:
I agree with that! Seems to me the Quebec faction is way too European, why wouldn't they want a 'Canadian' persona? The rest of Canada seems more Canadian or 'North American' whatever that means, but certainly not 'Americanized.' There is a difference.

Their cultural and historical differences are recognized, they have French Nazi Bill 101 (which the UN has recognized is a viloation of human rights) and they have language policy/legislation ect spread right across the country. Yet the separatists are STILL calim their culture will be lost without their own nation-state. It's absurd. Those who are not in favor of separation will still take what they can get from the Fed Gov. Enough is enough.

Said1 said:
Their cultural and historical differences are recognized, they have French Nazi Bill 101 (which the UN has recognized is a viloation of human rights) and they have language policy/legislation ect spread right across the country. Yet the separatists are STILL calim their culture will be lost without their own nation-state. It's absurd. Those who are not in favor of separation will still take what they can get from the Fed Gov. Enough is enough.

Sounds a bit like Puerto Rico to the US

Forum List

Back