What's new

Many Americans Predict A Guilty Verdict For Trump

I think they did file a BOP.

I believe that what they have maintained is that there are some underlying “other” crimes to elevate the alleged misdemeanor to a felony. They have suggested some “possibly” applicable “other” crimes. But they say they have zero legal obligation to spell-out which “other” they rely upon.
Which is bullshit. How is this even at the trial stage without the crime being defined. What a travesty.

Thanks for that. That is a lot of tap-dancing to say this in response to Request-2:
"People’s Response to Request No. 2: Defendant is not entitled to the information requested in Request No. 2. Where an intent to commit or conceal another crime is an element of an offense, the People need not prove intent to commit or conceal a particular crime; thus, the indictment need not identify any particular crime that the defendant intended to commit or conceal, and defendant is not entitled to such information in a bill of particulars."

So the BOP says that the secret crime does NOT need to be specified. Total Kangaroo Court.
I agree. I do recognize that “Burglary” (as defined in the NY Penal Law) is an analog sort of. Burglary is a felony where one enters or remains illegally in a residence or a store WITH the intent to commit “a crime” therein. Under NY law, it is NOT required that the prosecutor set forth the alleged “other crime”in the BOP.

Many lawyers believe this NY policy is misguided. I know some judges who think so, too. It raises potential other legal appeallate points, in fact.

Not clear that it qualifies as a good analog for this case’s one alleged crime.

Don't you idiots ever watch the news?

The evidence is well known to anyone who keeps up with current events.

It is not my problem if you can't.
So no evidence. Loud mouth compliant cuck with nothing per usual. What a disgraceful fk

Close minded parasite

I agree. I do recognize that “Burglary” (as defined in the NY Penal Law) is an analog sort of. Burglary is a felony where one enters or remains illegally in a residence or a store WITH the intent to commit “a crime” therein. Under NY law, it is NOT required that the prosecutor set forth the alleged “other crime”in the BOP.
Many lawyers believe this NY policy is misguided. I know some judges who think so, too. It raises potential other legal appeallate points, in fact.
Not clear that it qualifies as a good analog for this case’s one alleged crime.
The difference between "burglary" which is a felony, and Trump's case is that the accounting "crime" is a misdemeanor and the secret crime being covered up is or makes the misdemeanor a felony?!
That makes no sense, especially if the secret crime is Federal Election Law that was passed on by the FEC and DOJ.

Forum List

Back
Top Bottom