Colorado Signs Bill Requiring Credit Card Tracking of Gun and Ammo Purchases

It is illegal for the government to have a gun ownership database:

The only records, by law, that the government may maintain is records of sales by FFLs if that FFL goes out of business. The record of sale, the ATF 4473 has to be maintained for 20 years. Then destroyed. If the FFL goes out of business those records are maintained by the Fed until the 20 year mark hits.
You didn't answer my post.

Another fear is financial institutions have discussed not doing business with those in the firearm industry, to include retailers. The next logical step would be for banks to deny consumers the right to use a card to purchase ammo or firearms.
Are you allowed to use a credit/debit card to buy firearms and ammo?

It is illegal for the fed gov to have that knowledge. If they do it is probably because you committed a crime. Your post is answered.
If you have a ( Carry Permit )( Hunting License) ( Armed Security Guard Card ) ( LEOSA) ... you are legally in a Government Database

If you have a ( Carry Permit )( Hunting License) ( Armed Security Guard Card ) ( LEOSA) ... you are legally in a Government Database
Not a fed gov database for CCP. That would be state. And even then they wouldn't now what firearms I own. Same with the hunting license. Do know about the other two.

Not a fed gov database for CCP. That would be state. And even then they wouldn't now what firearms I own. Same with the hunting license. Do know about the other two.
In California they inspect EVERY Firearm on your Permit and record info ( putting it on your Permit ) and you must qualify with each weapon on your Permit ( For initial or renewals ) and if I was pulled over in Oregon or Colorado The Officer would have info that I’m a Permit holder

In California they inspect EVERY Firearm on your Permit and record info ( putting it on your Permit ) and you must qualify with each weapon on your Permit ( For initial or renewals ) and if I was pulled over in Oregon or Colorado The Officer would have info that I’m a Permit holder
That's nice. I don't care about state. I am talking about the Fed Gov.

If my CCW Info
goes from California to Oregon or Colorado with a cursory check by a LEO on a traffic Stop it’s a Government Database
I didn't say it wasn't a government data
base. I am talking about the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!

Nod if you understand.

Last edited:
If I’m
I didn't say it wasn't a government base. I am talking about the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!

Nod if you understand.
If I’m pulled over by ( A National Park Ranger ) ( Air Force Base Security ) ( BLM Ranger ) ( TSA Officer ) ( ICE / BP ) ( IRS Agent ) ( BATF Agent ... they will get the same info

If I’m

If I’m pulled over by ( A National Park Ranger ) ( Air Force Base Security ) ( BLM Ranger ) ( TSA Officer ) ( ICE / BP ) ( IRS Agent ) ( BATF Agent ... they will get the same info
I am not arguing with you. There are not getting it from a federal database.

Nod.

You have a nice day.

Forum List

Back