Who would you consider to be a genius, musically, among rock or pop musicians over the years?

Robert Johnson.
Without him there would be no electric blues, acoustic blues, or rock and roll.
there was already acoustic blues before Johnson.... Charley Patton, Son House and Willie Brown were already playing....Johnson learned from them....
He didn’t become great from Son House.
He became great by selling his soul to the devil.
This has been TOTALLY debunked. It was a fabrication created to explain Robert Johnson's wonderfully advanced music skills. PLEASE do your research before posting such crap. Thank you.;)

Robert Johnson.
there was already acoustic blues before Johnson.... Charley Patton, Son House and Willie Brown were already playing....Johnson learned from them....
This has been TOTALLY debunked. It was a fabrication created to explain Robert Johnson's wonderfully advanced music skills. PLEASE do your research before posting such crap. Thank you.;)
im sure practice played a big part....

Robert Johnson.
It has never been debunked or proven.

You can't go from being a terrible guitar player to a virtuoso in 18 months. It's not possible.
Although it has not been proven ( and never will as he was alone when he did it) I believe he sold his soul. Even the lyrics of some of his songs reflect it.

You can't go from being a terrible guitar player to a virtuoso in 18 months. It's not possible.
Although it has not been proven ( and never will as he was alone when he did it) I believe he sold his soul. Even the lyrics of some of his songs reflect it.
Mozart surpassed his piano teacher in about the same amount of time and he was only like 8 years old.....perhaps Johnson was a gifted player who like Mozart learned very quickly......sold his soul.....i cant believe you buy that.....

Mozart surpassed his piano teacher in about the same amount of time and he was only like 8 years old.....perhaps Johnson was a gifted player who like Mozart learned very quickly......sold his soul.....i cant believe you buy that.....
I don't believe Mozart was actually from this planet. Writing a concerto at age 5? Come on, man! LOL
Robert Johnson was not gifted. Before he made his deal, he would get thrown out of juke joints for playing. That's how bad he was. Then a year and a half later he was playing things his mentors couldn't? Either he had a twin brother that actually was gifted or he made a deal to get that kind of talent.

Forum List

Back