The attack cost 1,800 lives. What will the devastation cost?

Beelzebub

VIP Member
May 6, 2014
The biggest waste-water treatment plant in Gaza City isn’t the sweetest smelling place at the best of times. But today the abnormally acrid stench and large swarms of flies testified to the sewage stagnating in its lagoons. War has stopped the plant doing the job it was built for: limiting the pollution of the Mediterranean by semi-treating the 40 million litres a day it pumps into the sea.

Gaza, which enjoyed its first full day of peace yesterday, has lost 1,814 people, the vast majority civilians killed as they hid from Israeli bombardments. Its ill-equipped hospitals hold thousands of patients, many suffering from horrific injuries.

But Israel’s destruction of homes and infrastructure will ensure that the possibility of Gaza having a normal existence is a distant prospect.

The sewage plant, built with funding from KFW, the German development agency was put out of action by three tank shells. The result is that raw sewage routed through the plant is now being dumped untreated into the sea.

Munzer Shublak, the director general of the coastal municipalities water utility said yesterday that an earlier strike had hit one of the lagoons, spilling raw sewage over the neighbouring agricultural land. This was repaired but after the second bombardment he decided not to send his technicians out. Four of his team had been killed doing their jobs in Rafah and in central Gaza. “I stopped anything that might be a target for an Israeli attack,” he explained,

It’s a paradoxical measure of the humanitarian crisis engulfing Gaza that because severe water shortages have reduced consumption by many residents to well below international emergency standards, Mr Shublak estimates that actual sewage flowing from Sheikh Ejlin will in turn be much less than the normal 40 million litres a day.

For the halt to waste treatment is only part of a much wider water and sewage problem. Oxfam said last night that the destruction by bombing of wells, pipelines, and reservoirs, caused contamination of scarce fresh water with sewage and that 15,000 tons of solid waste had seeped into Gaza streets. “We’re working in an environment with a completely destroyed water infrastructure that prevents people in Gaza from cooking, flushing toilets or washing [their] hands,” the agency said,

And that in turn is only one element of the infrastructural damage inflicted on Gaza by four weeks of war, much of which UN, aid agencies and local utilities had their first real chance to assess yesterday, the quietest since Israel’s Operation Protective Edge began on July 8.

Gaza?s survivors now face a battle for water, shelter and power - Middle East - World - The Independent

Famine shouldn't happen, but there will be hunger, for sure. Maybe hunger which will harm the younger survivors for life.
Water borne infections: highly likely.
Disease, from rotting food, rubble-buried flesh and bad water? Yes.
Preventable deaths from medical conditions and wounds inflicted by Israeli shelling. Yes.
Sniping and renewed shelling from Israel. Yes, of course. Hopefully small scale.

These should be attributed to Israel too, in their war-crimes trials.

And how will all these people be rehoused, when Israel has taken 44% of Gaza as its latest "military zone".

BtYWOZlCAAA1s98.png

Last edited:
I was going to make this point, but I'm getting a bit tired of threats when I introduce cold, hard questions to the Israel flag wavers.

Israelis are always so "Me, me, me".

I swear they commit most of their war crimes just to get the attention.

So Israel should stop starting wars.

Sadly, it never even tries for peace. Just holds peace talks, while it steals more land, and finds new ways to corrupt America and ethnically cleanse its land of untermenschen.

The biggest waste-water treatment plant in Gaza City isn’t the sweetest smelling place at the best of times. But today the abnormally acrid stench and large swarms of flies testified to the sewage stagnating in its lagoons. War has stopped the plant doing the job it was built for: limiting the pollution of the Mediterranean by semi-treating the 40 million litres a day it pumps into the sea.

Gaza, which enjoyed its first full day of peace yesterday, has lost 1,814 people, the vast majority civilians killed as they hid from Israeli bombardments. Its ill-equipped hospitals hold thousands of patients, many suffering from horrific injuries.

But Israel’s destruction of homes and infrastructure will ensure that the possibility of Gaza having a normal existence is a distant prospect.

The sewage plant, built with funding from KFW, the German development agency was put out of action by three tank shells. The result is that raw sewage routed through the plant is now being dumped untreated into the sea.

Munzer Shublak, the director general of the coastal municipalities water utility said yesterday that an earlier strike had hit one of the lagoons, spilling raw sewage over the neighbouring agricultural land. This was repaired but after the second bombardment he decided not to send his technicians out. Four of his team had been killed doing their jobs in Rafah and in central Gaza. “I stopped anything that might be a target for an Israeli attack,” he explained,

It’s a paradoxical measure of the humanitarian crisis engulfing Gaza that because severe water shortages have reduced consumption by many residents to well below international emergency standards, Mr Shublak estimates that actual sewage flowing from Sheikh Ejlin will in turn be much less than the normal 40 million litres a day.

For the halt to waste treatment is only part of a much wider water and sewage problem. Oxfam said last night that the destruction by bombing of wells, pipelines, and reservoirs, caused contamination of scarce fresh water with sewage and that 15,000 tons of solid waste had seeped into Gaza streets. “We’re working in an environment with a completely destroyed water infrastructure that prevents people in Gaza from cooking, flushing toilets or washing [their] hands,” the agency said,

And that in turn is only one element of the infrastructural damage inflicted on Gaza by four weeks of war, much of which UN, aid agencies and local utilities had their first real chance to assess yesterday, the quietest since Israel’s Operation Protective Edge began on July 8.

Gaza?s survivors now face a battle for water, shelter and power - Middle East - World - The Independent

Famine shouldn't happen, but there will be hunger, for sure. Maybe hunger which will harm the younger survivors for life.
Preventable deaths from medical conditions and wounds inflicted by Israeli shelling. Yes.
Sniping and renewed shelling from Israel. Yes, of course. Hopefully small scale.

And how will all these people be rehoused, when Israel has taken 44% of Gaza as its latest "military zone".

BtYWOZlCAAA1s98.png

As I have shown you before the pools of raw sewage were there before the fighting began as the Palestinians stole the steel pipes to make qassams. Hamas is not bothered about the humanitarian cost of the recent fighting started by them, all they care about is the propaganda and death of a handful of Jews. Do not be surprised in the deaths don't stop, but continue until every hamas member is eradicated from gaza by the people themselves. The people will speak and we can expect a peace initiative when the expulsion of hamas has been finalised. This is what the recent war has accomplished, and as for war crimes there will be none levied against Israel but plenty against hamas when the evidence is finally collected.

Israelis are always so "Me, me, me".

I swear they commit most of their war crimes just to get the attention.

What war crimes would they be then, produce the evidence of any charges being brought against Israelis for war crimes ?

ALL of the war crimes.

You know the ones.
Though if you expect me to head up both the on-the-ground-investigation AND the legal presentation of evidence, I find your request very flattering.

Thank you Phoney. :razz:

Sadly, it never even tries for peace. Just holds peace talks, while it steals more land, and finds new ways to corrupt America and ethnically cleanse its land of untermenschen.

Six times Israel agreed to ceasefire in the last operation.

5 times they have refused. The one time they agreed, it was only a trick so they could kidnapp a soldier.

So try fooling someone else.

How about links to your false claims from non partisan sources then, start with the many hundreds of peace initiatives started by Israel that the Palestinians have rejected. And then show the land stolen that does not exist. Finally show the ethnic cleansing figure that show an increase in the arab muslim population of palestine even though the arab muslims have ethnically cleansed the land of Christians and Jews

BtYWOZlCAAA1s98.png

As I have shown you before the pools of raw sewage were there before the fighting began as the Palestinians stole the steel pipes to make qassams. Hamas is not bothered about the humanitarian cost of the recent fighting started by them, all they care about is the propaganda and death of a handful of Jews. Do not be surprised in the deaths don't stop, but continue until every hamas member is eradicated from gaza by the people themselves. The people will speak and we can expect a peace initiative when the expulsion of hamas has been finalised. This is what the recent war has accomplished, and as for war crimes there will be none levied against Israel but plenty against hamas when the evidence is finally collected.

sewage mains. Look familar? Tunnel arches?

stock-photo-concrete-sewage-pipes-on-residential-street-74540740.jpg

These should have been used to improve the health safety of the gazans, not to attack Israel.

When a group of people elect a terror organization (Hamas) to lead their government, bad shit is going to happen.

When the Hamas terrorists that run Gaza launch rockets and bombs from schools, hospitals, kindergartens, and water treatment facilities, into Israeli territory, a lot of bad things are going to happen as a result.

Let's put the blame where it belongs- Hamas.

Forum List

Back