Nearly one in three Canadians can’t cover their bills, new survey suggests

My friends in Manitoba were living on a farm out in the boonies. She was driving at least an hour to work every day, which was really taking a toll on her truck and her mental state.

My other friend has some pretty bad anxiety problems, and living in an old house that was constantly falling apart and in need of repairs wasn't doing him much good.

I had to literally badger them for over a year before they agreed they needed to move to town where her job was.

Luckily, the farmer next door to them wanted to buy the house and the land, and was offering any amount they wanted.

I told them they would never get a chance like this again. They HAD to get away from that old shack and get into a nice house in town.

Moving was hell on them, because the local Uhaul place was out of trucks, and had to make numerous trips in her truck, which really did a number on them, mentally and physically.

But they finally got a nice house, its been renovated, so they have nothing to worry about for a while. She can walk to work if she wants, and if she drives, its only about a 2 minute drive now. And my other friend doesn't drive, but now he's able to get out of the house and walk to the store when he wants, instead of being stuck out there in the boonies with nothing to do and nobody to talk to.

They still have some money issues, but they are much better off now, and can easily deal with stuff that comes up. I sure hope it stays that way for them.

Huh .. you mean the northern Utopia with government run healthcare and many other subsidies has citizens that can't afford to live?

Forum List

Back