Keto Recipes and others for Diabetics

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I've made some Keto recipes before and they are REALLY good!

Now, a lot of these Keto recipes are supposed to be great for diabetics, but BE CAREFUL, as not all Keto recipes are for ALL diabetics!!!
You can run the recipes by your doctor or healthcare nutritionist first, to be sure!

Keto "breads" are fantastic as well! Especially if you love cornbread style breads and "grainy" breads.......they are AWESOME!

You really cannot tell the difference between almond "cornmeal" cornbread and regular cornbread!!! You DO have to add a bit of flavor to it though, I usually put some grated cheese, or herbs in mine. (such as Mrs. Dash)

Once you get the "hang" of Keto cooking, it will become second nature to you, so don't fret!!!!

Tortillas..........

Last edited:
There are also "store bought" Keto tortillas.

zero-net-carbs-original.jpg

carb-balance-tortillas-diabetic.jpg

cb-soft-taco-whole-wheat-tortillas-front.png

Now this company is AWESOME!

They make some SUPER awesome non-flour and non-grain chips and tortillas!!!!

AND, you can order ONLINE!!!!

They are a little on the expensive side, but they are great.

Most of their products are made from cassava "flour", which is a root vegetable. But they do use almond flour and chickpeas as well.

Check them out!!!! Especially if you are diabetic!!!

Here's some veggie alternative tortillas that are pretty damned good, if I do say so..........

51yWe8drGcS._AC_.jpg

Now these "plant powered" ones are made from vegetable fiber.
Which I take to mean they use the fiberous parts of the plant to make these, that would normally be thrown out for waste.
And I actually prefer them to the flour ones, as they aren't as "goopy" as the flour ones can be. These are more stable and
taste just as good!!!
71qtprvOsUL.jpg

Thanks! I asked my wife about this and she said the diet she's on is the Virta diet. It's like Keto, but more extreme. No starchy veggies, no beans, no beets, no carrots, no celery root, no chickpeas, no corn, green peas, lima beans, parsnips, potatoes, pumpkin,sweet potatoes, winter squash, apples, banans, cherries, mango, melon, oranges, pears, plums, corn oil, cottonseed oil, flax oil, grapeseed oil, peanut oil,safflower oil, sesame oil, soybean oil, walnut oil, frozen yogurt, ice cream, milk, snack or trail mixes, candied nuts, breaded meats, deli meats, jerky, meatballs, meatloaf, no juices, no soda, sweetened alcoholic drinks, sweetened coffee or tea, agave syrup, beet sugar, coconut sugar, corn syrup, fructose syrup, honey, maple syrup, palm sugar, sugar (in all forms), all grain-based products, bread,, cereal, corn, crackers, dumplings, oatmeal, oats, pasta, popcorn, rice, or wheat.

There is a list of things she can eat, but my typing fingers are worn out.

Here's some veggie alternative tortillas that are pretty damned good, if I do say so..........

51yWe8drGcS._AC_.jpg

Now these "plant powered" ones are made from vegetable fiber.
Which I take to mean they use the fiberous parts of the plant to make these, that would normally be thrown out for waste.
And I actually prefer them to the flour ones, as they aren't as "goopy" as the flour ones can be. These are more stable and
taste just as good!!!
71qtprvOsUL.jpg
I use a burrito sized tortilla to make a low carb small pizza.
pepperoni, onions, olives, cheese
pop it in the convection oven for 7 minutes at 350 degrees

Last edited:
Thanks! I asked my wife about this and she said the diet she's on is the Virta diet. It's like Keto, but more extreme. No starchy veggies, no beans, no beets, no carrots, no celery root, no chickpeas, no corn, green peas, lima beans, parsnips, potatoes, pumpkin,sweet potatoes, winter squash, apples, banans, cherries, mango, melon, oranges, pears, plums, corn oil, cottonseed oil, flax oil, grapeseed oil, peanut oil,safflower oil, sesame oil, soybean oil, walnut oil, frozen yogurt, ice cream, milk, snack or trail mixes, candied nuts, breaded meats, deli meats, jerky, meatballs, meatloaf, no juices, no soda, sweetened alcoholic drinks, sweetened coffee or tea, agave syrup, beet sugar, coconut sugar, corn syrup, fructose syrup, honey, maple syrup, palm sugar, sugar (in all forms), all grain-based products, bread,, cereal, corn, crackers, dumplings, oatmeal, oats, pasta, popcorn, rice, or wheat.

im diabetic....your wife leaves out a lot of things on that list that are low on the glycemic index and are good for you.....

The only things left are meat, cheese, and eggs.

I thought oatmeal and seeds/nuts were the perfect foods for diabetics.
She must be way far along to be that bad off. Geez.

im diabetic....your wife leaves out a lot of things on that list that are low on the glycemic index and are good for you.....

True. But the purpose of the diet she started is to get the body to create its own ketones, for a full reversal of her diabetic condition. The diet is only part of the treatment. They come by where she works and monitor her blood sugar levels and other stuff.

The only things left are meat, cheese, and eggs.

I thought oatmeal and seeds/nuts were the perfect foods for diabetics.
She must be way far along to be that bad off. Geez.

Her blood sugar levels range from 140 to as high as 200, which isn't that bad. I've heard of some folks who were up over 300.

Her blood sugar levels range from 140 to as high as 200, which isn't that bad. I've heard of some folks who were up over 300.

Mine range from 96 to 200. Usually they are steady around 100 - 150, which makes my doctor happy.

Only real problem I have is two of my meds keep changing prices every 6 months and I can't afford them. They go from $10 to $100 per Rx.

Had a friend whose BS was 300 pretty much all the time. But she ate nothing but starch and sugar. She'd never eat anything good.
She said she'd just turn up her insulin pump to adjust it. Oh well. Some people don't care.

Mine range from 96 to 200. Usually they are steady around 100 - 150, which makes my doctor happy.

Only real problem I have is two of my meds keep changing prices every 6 months and I can't afford them. They go from $10 to $100 per Rx.

Had a friend whose BS was 300 pretty much all the time. But she ate nothing but starch and sugar. She'd never eat anything good.
She said she'd just turn up her insulin pump to adjust it. Oh well. Some people don't care.

Geez, I'd hate to see what mine was. I eat and drink as much as I want and smoke a pack of cigs a day. I'll eat a big portion of pasta right before I go to be because it helps me sleep. But the COVID pandemic fucked up my sleep routine. It's a 10 mg melatonin at 10:00 - 11:00 PM and I'm up at 3:30 AM switching on the news to see what blew up while I was asleep, and waiting for country store up the road to open so I can get my sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit and Monster energy drink when they get them made by 6:00 AM. I've had almost the same breakfast for over two years straight now because they're so addictive. Sometimes I'll go back to sleep after that or get up and take a nap in the afternoon.

Geez, I'd hate to see what mine was. I eat and drink as much as I want and smoke a pack of cigs a day. I'll eat a big portion of pasta right before I go to be because it helps me sleep. But the COVID pandemic fucked up my sleep routine. It's a 10 mg melatonin at 10:00 - 11:00 PM and I'm up at 3:30 AM switching on the news to see what blew up while I was asleep, and waiting for country store up the road to open so I can get my sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit and Monster energy drink when they get them made by 6:00 AM. I've had almost the same breakfast for over two years straight now because they're so addictive. Sometimes I'll go back to sleep after that or get up and take a nap in the afternoon.

Working from home has screwed up everything for me.

I mean, I love working from home............but I have nobody to talk to, and theres no commute to take up some time and I get to be outside for a bit.

But I'm needing to work from home anyway, because my hip and knee joints are going on me. All my bones from my hips down hurt like all fucking hell if I don't take an opiod pain medication. And I try not to take it every day. Sometimes I do forget to take it and a day or two later my bones feel like they were all ran over by a tank and glued back together. Living upstairs doesn't help either.

I like to walk, but just walking to the mailbox kills me most days. I have a bike, but its hard getting it up and down the stairs.
I want to get one of those 4 wheeled skateboard things with handle bars, so I can at least ride around outside sometimes. But they are expensive.

SO much crap to deal with, and no money to help out.

Working from home has screwed up everything for me.

I mean, I love working from home............but I have nobody to talk to, and theres no commute to take up some time and I get to be outside for a bit.

But I'm needing to work from home anyway, because my hip and knee joints are going on me. All my bones from my hips down hurt like all fucking hell if I don't take an opiod pain medication. And I try not to take it every day. Sometimes I do forget to take it and a day or two later my bones feel like they were all ran over by a tank and glued back together. Living upstairs doesn't help either.

I like to walk, but just walking to the mailbox kills me most days. I have a bike, but its hard getting it up and down the stairs.
I want to get one of those 4 wheeled skateboard things with handle bars, so I can at least ride around outside sometimes. But they are expensive.

SO much crap to deal with, and no money to help out.

You have a home gig? How does that work and where can I get one?

Sitting in front of this screen and wasting my time on here has cost me more money than I care to think about.

dam j you had better start watching it....

Forum List

Back