John Carpenter may be making a sequel or remake of --The Thing-- with Wyatt Russell

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

The Thing ('82) had some of the best practical effects to ever grace the screen.

Really, that time period in general had all the top contenders. Right before studios could just hit the easy button with CGI and practical effects were at their pinnacle.

This has potential if the country still has theaters let alone power in a few months….my expectations are set to “entry level” for this event but I'll watch if it comes about.

The Thing ('82) had some of the best practical effects to ever grace the screen.

Really, that time period in general had all the top contenders. Right before studios could just hit the easy button with CGI and practical effects were at their pinnacle.

This has potential if the country still has theaters let alone power in a few months….my expectations are set to “entry level” for this event but I'll watch if it comes about.
I prefer the one with Marshall Dillon as the monster.

Only theater left around here is that "Rave' thing; not even sure it's a movie theater, actually, since I've haven't been to it or any other since Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven came out. I thing I saw Bram Stoker's Dracula back then, too. Over priced crappy seats, never went back.

It needs to be a sequel with Child's and MacReady's bodies being flown back to civilization and one or the other, changing to the thing and wreaking havoc with a city's population.

Sequel is cool.

Stop remaking my favorite movies though.

It needs to be a sequel with Child's and MacReady's bodies being flown back to civilization and one or the other, changing to the thing and wreaking havoc with a city's population.
I believe that's what it's gonna be about....Carpenter, after all these years has never really put to rest the Childs and MacReady mystery.

I suspect it will take place on the McMurdo Station.....You know the place Windows was trying to contact.

I hope so, I love the Arctic aspect of the whole thing.

I believe that's what it's gonna be about....Carpenter, after all these years has never really put to rest the Childs and MacReady mystery.

I suspect it will take place on the McMurdo Station.....You know the place Windows was trying to contact.

I hope so, I love the Arctic aspect of the whole thing.
In an interview with John Carpenter, he was asked whether Child's or MacReady was infected, and he answered that, "if you pay close very close attention when watching the movie, you will have the answer."

Only theater left around here is that "Rave' thing; not even sure it's a movie theater, actually, since I've haven't been to it or any other since Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven came out. I thing I saw Bram Stoker's Dracula back then, too. Over priced crappy seats, never went back.
You sound like a bitter and broke old person who just discovered what a rave is after 35 years.

Didn't the Thing first come out in the 1950s?

I prefer the one with Marshall Dillon as the monster.

James Arness was in this one in 1951.

The Thing from Another World, sometimes referred to as just The Thing, is a 1951 American black-and-white science fiction-horror film, directed by Christian Nyby, produced by Edward Lasker for Howard Hawks' Winchester Pictures Corporation, and released by RKO Radio Pictures. The film stars Margaret Sheridan, Kenneth Tobey, Robert Cornthwaite, and Douglas Spencer. James Arness plays The Thing. The Thing from Another World is based on the 1938 novella "Who Goes There?" by John W. Campbell (writing under the pseudonym of Don A. Stuart).[3]

Forum List

Back