Zone1 If your sister in laws 12 yr old grandchildren came up to and said, we are worried we are going to burn up from climate change, what would you think.

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
my God i could not believe it

not only do they have to worry about that nonsense

they also have to worry about mentally ill people shooting them in skewl

learning how to hate america and spit on it

learning white people are all evil and want to kill you

capitalism is horrible, communism ideal

you must be gender confused to be normal

being bullied to suicide or assault death

navigating a liberal world of groomers and pedophiles salivating for our kids

homosexuality is good, hetero bad

now burning up

I told those kids if they were serious, they must never use any electronic device. no air conditioning, limited heating of home....55 degrees.no meat....no dishwasher..................they didn't like that reality

thoughts?

now burning up

I told those kids if they were serious, they must never use any electronic device. no air conditioning, limited heating of home....55 degrees.no meat....no dishwasher..................they didn't like that reality

thoughts?

Home school.

The home schooled kids I know are the only sane ones I know, poor little things.

Leftists hate children and thus feel the need to turn them into pathetic little neurotic balls of crazy, the ones they don't kill before allowing them to be born.

Soon, the adults will regain control and we'll be able to lock up the worst of the crazies and reprogram the children to be self-loving, self-respecting human beings.

BTW, that's a beautiful post. As usual.

now burning up

thoughts?
Yeah, shocking that someone is asking you for advice.

But they are kids. They will learn from their mistakes.

• Banned

Home school.

The home schooled kids I know are the only sane ones I know, poor little things.

Leftists hate children and thus feel the need to turn them into pathetic little neurotic balls of crazy, the ones they don't kill before allowing them to be born.

Soon, the adults will regain control and we'll be able to lock up the worst of the crazies and reprogram the children to be self-loving, self-respecting human beings.

BTW, that's a beautiful post. As usual.

pknopp thinks it was silly

• Banned
Yeah, shocking that someone is asking you for advice. But they are kids.

They will learn from their mistake.
well the only advice i really give is to follow the self made successful people who never depended on anyone or anything

or you'll end up being a dust breathing shop rat depending on a boss for existence.......my god what an existence

I don't see the connection between the headline and the posting. Nevertheless, the troubled 12-year-old should be told,
  • Don't worry; be happy. Every generation is given something to be afraid of. When I was a kid, young marrieds were saying that they wouldn't have children because they would surely be killed in mid-life by a nuclear Armageddon.
  • The prophecies of gloom and doom are all based on worst case scenarios, not most likely scenarios, and they do not take into consideration mitigating actions, or humanity's ability to adapt to changed conditions.
  • NOBODY is going to die from global warming. Ten times more people die from COLD than do from HEAT.
  • The number of people who die from weather-driven catastrophes is dropping every year. Only one tenth as many people die in hurricanes, tornadoes, etc as did a hundred years ago.
  • The human race is extremely adaptable. People are thriving in deserts now that were uninhabitable 75 years ago.
  • Does anybody really think that low-lying cities are going to be flooded? Ridiculous. Look at the Netherlands, which is mainly under sea level. They have adapted, and people always do.
  • Most of the world's population lives in areas where milder winters and warmer summers would be a benefit, not a problem.

now burning up

If your sister in laws 12 yr old grandchildren came up to and said, we are worried we are going to burn up from climate change, what would you think.
I would think sister in law was not monitoring the kid's education, associates , TV programs and internet time.

now burning up

thoughts?
Democrats would be bursting with pride hearing how well their Climate Change brainwashing works.

I don't see the connection between the headline and the posting. Nevertheless, the troubled 12-year-old should be told,
  • Don't worry; be happy. Every generation is given something to be afraid of. When I was a kid, young marrieds were saying that they wouldn't have children because they would surely be killed in mid-life by a nuclear Armageddon.
  • The prophecies of gloom and doom are all based on worst case scenarios, not most likely scenarios, and they do not take into consideration mitigating actions, or humanity's ability to adapt to changed conditions.
  • NOBODY is going to die from global warming. Ten times more people die from COLD than do from HEAT.
  • The number of people who die from weather-driven catastrophes is dropping every year. Only one tenth as many people die in hurricanes, tornadoes, etc as did a hundred years ago.
  • The human race is extremely adaptable. People are thriving in deserts now that were uninhabitable 75 years ago.
  • Does anybody really think that low-lying cities are going to be flooded? Ridiculous. Look at the Netherlands, which is mainly under sea level. They have adapted, and people always do.
  • Most of the world's population lives in areas where milder winters and warmer summers would be a benefit, not a problem.
A couple of thoughts.

First let me tell you that you seem to omit some pretty relevant considerations and/or don't understand others.

-The treat of nuclear Armageddon isn't over. I could give you an entire geopolitical explanation but suffice to say there are still thousands of nuclear weapons, more countries are getting them, and the world isn't exactly getting more stable.
-You are right they are based on worst-case scenarios, and lord knows the media loves to sensationalize, but here's the thing. If the worst case scenario is as bad as nuclear Armageddon, or global warming making the sea level rise several feet, taking some measures might be warranted.
-People are ALREADY dying from the effects of global warming both directly and indirectly.
-As for less people dying. That's a function off better prediction not a sign that global warming isn't happening.
- Let's take the Netherlands. One of the richer nations in the world. Investing billions of dollars over decades to protect a relative short amount of seafront. This to protect less than 20 million people. And having vast experience in water management.
How do you extrapolate that to the US that has 95000 miles to protect? Even if you concentrate on only urban areas the cost would still be prohibitive.
Or even more stark. Bangladesh, equally low lying, dirt poor, and 170 million people to protect. We're do you imagine those people will all go?

The point is that neither you are I have the slightest idea what will happen if that worst case scenario or even not so bad scenario actually happens.

Far better to react to the results of any climate change than ruin our standards of living for the off chance of impacting it.

now burning up

thoughts?
I tell all kids who bring up climate change--and some are truly depressed over what they are being told--that scientists have been studying this for a long time and will continue to do so, but so far none of their predictions have come true and so far none of the stuff they've recommended to stop climate change has changed anything. Nor do all scientists agree on what is or is not problematic climate change or how the climate will change in the future.

I tell them that this Earth we occupy has been here for many billions of years and will continue to be here for many more billions of years and our short lifespan or a few hundred years doesn't even measure in that kind of scope of time. But climate is always changing, it has always changed, and it will continue to change. So just live your lives as honorably and honestly and responsibly and with as much integrity as you reasonably can and love and trust God who created all this including us and trust Him to lead us into all truth whatever that truth is.

Forum List

Back