Good Cause Evictions

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021

In a push for further tenant protection, many municipalities across Hudson Valley have passed, or are aiming to pass, so-called “good cause” eviction legislation before Saturday. “Good cause” eviction bills would give tenants the right to a lease renewal, protect against large rent increases when renewing a lease, and prevent landlords from removing a tenant without an order from a judge.

So, under this bill a landlord can't evict you as long as you pay your rent and are a good tenant.

A lot of landlords evict a whole building because it's easier to sell an empty building than a building full of tenants. This bill would stop that.

There are people who pay their rent and take care of their apartments but who are evicted anyway.

Also, rent increases are tied to inflation.

What do you think?

In a push for further tenant protection, many municipalities across Hudson Valley have passed, or are aiming to pass, so-called “good cause” eviction legislation before Saturday. “Good cause” eviction bills would give tenants the right to a lease renewal, protect against large rent increases when renewing a lease, and prevent landlords from removing a tenant without an order from a judge.

So, under this bill a landlord can't evict you as long as you pay your rent and are a good tenant.

A lot of landlords evict a whole building because it's easier to sell an empty building than a building full of tenants. This bill would stop that.

There are people who pay their rent and take care of their apartments but who are evicted anyway.

What do you think?

I think it is a usurpation of the owner's rights. I can understand protections for unjustified evictions. However, if someone is renting a home from a landlord, and the LL chooses to sell it to someone who intends to live in it or use it for something other than a rental, the landlord should be given the right to end the lease as outlined in the contract.

What do you think?

Bad ideas.

What do you think?

What does the rental contract say?

If the owner wishes to sell a building full of tenants, why do the tenants get to stop him/her? It's their (owners) building and property.

I haven't rented anything in three decades but I remember a clause in the rental agreement that said that if the owner wishes to sell, you must vacate the premises within 30 days of the sale being finalized.

What do you think?

It will increase the number of slumlords. It will cause abandonment of properties. It will seriously increase the number of apartment house fires.

Anytime recession, inflation, depression or anything of sort is proclaimed........then it should be federal law that ALL businesses MUST freeze their prices where they are when the proclamation is made. And cannot raise prices until the recession, inflation, or depression is over. And then, they can only raise prices up to 5% a year for the next 5 years..........unless another recession, depression, inflation hits.

This way, we the people, would actually have Big Business working FOR us.......as they would make sure that the politicians they pay off and bribe would MAKE CERTAIN there would not be any recession, inflation, or depression, so they wouldn't have their prices frozen.

Anytime recession, inflation, depression or anything of sort is proclaimed........then it should be federal law that ALL businesses MUST freeze their prices where they are when the proclamation is made. And cannot raise prices until the recession, inflation, or depression is over. And then, they can only raise prices up to 5% a year for the next 5 years..........unless another recession, depression, inflation hits.

This way, we the people, would actually have Big Business working FOR us.......as they would make sure that the politicians they pay off and bribe would MAKE CERTAIN there would not be any recession, inflation, or depression, so they wouldn't have their prices frozen.

Wow!
How perfectly ridiculous.

What do you think?

Because all property belongs to the Crown, and the Crown will decide tenants and rents.

A hearty Seig Heil to you!

What does the rental contract say?

If the owner wishes to sell a building full of tenants, why do the tenants get to stop him/her? It's their (owners) building and property.

I haven't rented anything in three decades but I remember a clause in the rental agreement that said that if the owner wishes to sell, you must vacate the premises within 30 days of the sale being finalized.
And what "tenant advocates" don't realize is that taking away a landlord's right to lease apartments as they see fit also takes away a tenant's right to accept the terms that landlord wishes to set.

In other words, if I, as a landloard, can't lease my apartments without the leases being effectively permanent at the will of the tenant, then I have to charge much more for the lease, so that the lease will still be profitable - more profitable than selling - twenty years or more from now.

Therefore I, as a tenant, am also barred from leasing an apartment at reasonable current market rates.

I guess the lawmakers don't understand, or pretend not to understand, why people go into the apartment leasing business and what a benefit their businesses provide to renters.

And what "tenant advocates" don't realize is that taking away a landlord's right to lease apartments as they see fit also takes away a tenant's right to accept the terms that landlord wishes to set.

In other words, if I, as a landloard, can't lease my apartments without the leases being effectively permanent at the will of the tenant, then I have to charge much more for the lease, so that the lease will still be profitable - more profitable than selling - twenty years or more from now.

Therefore I, as a tenant, am also barred from leasing an apartment at reasonable current market rates.

I guess the lawmakers don't understand, or pretend not to understand, why people go into the apartment leasing business and what a benefit their businesses provide to renters.

democrats view all property as rightfully owned by the crown.

They attack private property at every level. democrats oppose home ownership and want the Crown to be the ONLY landlord.

youwillownnothingsmaller.jpg

Coming to a reset by globalist pricks near you.

Forum List

Back