ZTE receives record $1.2 billion fine for breaking US sanctions

What far left position?

He advocated the pro-choice position.

Pro-choice is not really a 'far left position'. It's kind of moderate actually. Just like being pro-life doesn't automatically make one a wingnut either.

Did he really 'advocate' or just state his opinion?

He advocated for an assault weapons ban.

Lot's of New York Republicans were for an assault weapons ban too. At the time also not necessarily a far left position.

Lookie here a far left wack job who is for an assault weapons ban:

Prominent Republican Donor Issues Ultimatum on Assault Weapons

He advocated we cut and run from Iraq.

He also was OK with the initial invasion and when it eventually went to shit he like most Americans were against the war. Again, does not make him 'far left'.

He advocated for Bush's impeachment.

I don't think he cared for the Bushs on a personal level. Again, lots of Americans at the end of Bush's term hated the man and rightfully so.

He said our economy does better under Democrats.

Since when is telling the truth a far left position?

He advocated for universal health care.

He still kind of does. When he was running in the primaries he stated he wanted something better than Obamacare that covers everyone. I think he won the nomination if I remember correctly.

Yet he ran as a Republican because even he knows what a bunch of self loathing morons they've turned out to be.
Yes. Hucksters always exploit those who are the most easily manipulated.

That being Republicans which is why Trump is now a Republican.

The Democrats shun him, loath him, have never supported him as a political candidate, not once.

BTW, you forgot to mention the whole birth certificate thing, is that something a 'far left' person would do?

What far left position?

Pro-choice is not really a 'far left position'. It's kind of moderate actually. Just like being pro-life doesn't automatically make one a wingnut either.

Lot's of New York Republicans were for an assault weapons ban too. At the time also not necessarily a far left position.

He also was OK with the initial invasion and when it eventually went to shit he like most Americans were against the war. Again, does not make him 'far left'.

I don't think he cared for the Bushs on a personal level. Again, lots of Americans at the end of Bush's term hated the man and rightfully so.

He still kind of does. When he was running in the primaries he stated he wanted something better than Obamacare that covers everyone. I think he won the nomination if I remember correctly.

Yet he ran as a Republican because even he knows what a bunch of self loathing morons they've turned out to be.

The Democrats shun him, loath him, have never supported him as a political candidate, not once.

BTW, you forgot to mention the whole birth certificate thing, is that something a 'far left' person would do?
It's a simple fact Trump was a registered Democrat all during the Bush regime. I posted his voter registration.

And as a loyal Democrat, Trump spewed all the required Democratic rhetoric. Impeachment, cut and run, abortion, gun control.

If Trump is given a Democratic Congress this fall, he will revert back to his true Democratic self.

In fact, I was thinking about starting a topic today entitled "How To Achieve Single Payer Health Care", based on the premise Trump is a Democrat and will make single payer health care his number one domestic agenda item if he gets a Democratic Congress.

Barry Hussein was in charge during the time (2010-2016) when ZTE allegedly conspired to evade America's embargo against Iran and small minded angry lefties manage to blame Trump. No surprises here.

Barry Hussein was in charge during the time (2010-2016) when ZTE allegedly conspired to evade America's embargo against Iran and small minded angry lefties manage to blame Trump. No surprises here.
Slow down, fool. No one is blaming Trump for ZTE's crimes of the past.

Obama punished ZTE, but Trump is attempting to give ZTE amnesty for their crimes. Because Trump makes a lot of money off China.

Just another example of Trump saying one thing and doing the opposite.

Nice spin! As though being President during a certain time frame somehow makes one culpable for everything that happens during that time? I guess you also admit that the investigation that caught ZTE and led to their being sanctioned was also Obama's doing? You know..the sanctions that Trump just removed? Not hard to blame Trump..for what he did yesterday!

You all DO realize this was a deal in which China had already given written "intent to build" 3 years ago??

Right? You know this?

as long as you realize Trump took big bucks from China for that deal.

No he didn't.
His international company did, that has interest all over the world.
This is what international companies do.
Now...if you want to discuss the fine lift we can.
I think it sucks, and unfortunately not surprised at all. It has happened before you know.

He OWNS his company and has PERSONAL INTEREST in play here for millions and millions of dollars. How in the world can this be considered anywhere near ethical?

Because the deal began 3 years ago. There were multiple meetings, arrangements and discussions going on.
Are the two related?
I don't know, and neither does anyone else.
I do know that if this was Hillary, you guys would be ignoring the heck out of it. This would be no big thing in her litany of coincidental money windfalls.

You should quit the shameless word playing.

Doesn't matter when it BEGAN, what matters is when the final paperwork was signed for Chinese investment and Trump having his company name on it.

What far left position?

It's a simple fact Trump was a registered Democrat all during the Bush regime. I posted his voter registration.

And as a loyal Democrat, Trump spewed all the required Democratic rhetoric. Impeachment, cut and run, abortion, gun control.

If Trump is given a Democratic Congress this fall, he will revert back to his true Democratic self.

In fact, I was thinking about starting a topic today entitled "How To Achieve Single Payer Health Care", based on the premise Trump is a Democrat and will make single payer health care his number one domestic agenda item if he gets a Democratic Congress.

The Democratic party, Democrats do not own the problem that the Republican party endorsed, debated and voted on. Trump doesn't really have any political opinions other than what benefits himself. He's an opportunist which is probably why he was a registered Democrat so that he can schmooze with Manhattan politicians, it's geographical, not political.

Him running for president though, he picked the Republican party. Why? My guess is because the GOP was already on it's way to becoming what it is now, a bunch of scared pussies afraid of brown people who think they are living in the 1%, or at least aspire to be but in reality don't have a chance or clue how to do it. They vote against those more economically aligned with them (the poor) even if they don't know it themselves. Cuz they are dumb, they've been trained to hate others, taught to be divided by race, culture or anything else that would make someone stand out from a traditional whitebread upbringing.

Trump recognized this disease in the GOP and exploited it. Hell, even some Democrats bought into it. But Trump is very clearly a Republican now and his politics and by extension the politics of the Republican party are about Trumpism which has nothing in common with liberalism.

"The Washington Post and CNN have typically written false stories about our trade negotiations with China. Nothing has happened with ZTE except as it pertains to the larger trade deal. Our country has been losing hundreds of billions of dollars a year with China ...We have not seen China’s demands yet, which should be few in that previous U.S. Administrations have done so poorly in negotiating. China has seen our demands. There has been no folding as the media would love people to believe, the meetings haven’t even started yet! The U.S. has very little to give, because it has given so much over the years. China has much to give!" - President Trump

"The Washington Post and CNN have typically written false stories about our trade negotiations with China. Nothing has happened with ZTE except as it pertains to the larger trade deal. Our country has been losing hundreds of billions of dollars a year with China ...We have not seen China’s demands yet, which should be few in that previous U.S. Administrations have done so poorly in negotiating. China has seen our demands. There has been no folding as the media would love people to believe, the meetings haven’t even started yet! The U.S. has very little to give, because it has given so much over the years. China has much to give!" - President Trump

Nothing happened???

So what do you call POTUS ordering his commerce department to help ZTE "get back in bussiness"?

Trump is either an idiot or thinks everyone else is.

Forum List

Back